Systemic Racism is Alive and Well

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Systemic Racism in Louisiana

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:07 am
No idea. I’m saying Ajax is comparing apples and bongs.
Exactly. He wishes to denigrate apples and push the superiority of bongs!!!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lafay ... ar-AASiX48
Lafayette City Court Judge Michelle Odinet resigns
They’re literally genociding white people.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:46 pm
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lafay ... ar-AASiX48
Lafayette City Court Judge Michelle Odinet resigns

- Doc

I didn't know you were a far-right conservative.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:46 pm

- Doc
How are corporate America or society against white people?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

:lol: DT. Here’s a /s just for you. It was a nod to Xanax’s hyperventilating any time a white person is held to account.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Re: Systemic Racism in Alive and Well

Post by K Graham »

Police Wanted “A Dog That Would Bite A Black Person”
The attack in June 2015 was not the first nor the last in the one-year reign of Andor, a Belgian Malinois who bit people here for minor offenses, for running from police and sometimes for no crime at all. All but one of those mauled were Black. They didn’t use weapons, and the city dropped most charges against them.

From the summer of 2014 to the summer of 2015, Andor sent at least nine people to the hospital, brought the FBI to Talladega and prompted five lawsuits from people he bit. His story, pieced together mostly from thousands of court records and police videos, reveals what can go wrong when a small town employs a powerful animal to police petty crime....

Talladega is probably best known for the NASCAR speedway north of town, near the Honda plant that employs many here. The city’s 15,500 residents are split almost equally between Blacks and Whites, the U.S. Census Bureau estimates. Yet there were hardly any Black officers in the police department during Andor’s stint there, according to court testimony.

When Andor joined the force, Police Chief Jason Busby told the local Rotary Club that the dog would be faster than humans at searching for drugs or chasing suspects, the local newspaper, The Daily Home, reported. The police chief declined to comment. The city manager and a lawyer for the city did not reply to months of calls for comment. The city did not respond to public records requests.

But Alan Lasseter, a lawyer who represented two bite victims, said race was a factor in Talladega officials’ decision to get a police dog in the first place: “Their intent was to sic that dog on the Black members of their community.”

Sgt. Marco Williams, a 25-year veteran, testified under oath that he heard Lt. Alan Kelly telling other officers, “They wanted a dog that would bite a ni**er.”

“Basically that he wanted a dog that would bite a Black person,” Williams said later in the deposition. “But he didn’t say it that nice.”
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18