Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:49 pm
It's true. I do have a tendency to defend against the position that Catholics think Epstein was god.

I am also a Hindu apologist that defends against the position that Bill Cosby is an avatar of Lord Vishnu. We all have our hobbies.
What are you smoking? :lol: When did I say Epstein was god?

A Mexican Catholic jury wouldn't convict Epstein because the Christian god did something similar. For Catholics, god impregnated a young girl, and that is called child abuse.

And the minimum age of consent is 12 is most Mexican states (same as in Vatican city a few years ago). Mexico is the child sexual abuse capital of the world, as well as the underage marriage capital.

And Epsteins are very common in Mexico, especially in poor Catholic communities, but they rarely get arrested.

There are a lot of bad people in Mexico. Really horrible things happen in Mexico every single day. And Catholicism only makes things worse.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the actual Catholic doctrine. https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15448a.htm Catholics do not believe that God had sex with Mary, so why would they think it was okay for Epstein to do something that their God didn’t do?

And Catholics do not believe that they are entitled to do everything that their God does. Just because God killed almost everyone in the flood doesn’t mean that Catholics think it’s okay to go around drowning people.

Moreover, it’s bigoted as hell to claim that a Mexican would disobey a judge’s jury instructions just because they are Catholics. I don’t know where all this bigotry is coming from,
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:36 am
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the actual Catholic doctrine. https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15448a.htm Catholics do not believe that God had sex with Mary, so why would they think it was okay for Epstein to do something that their God didn’t do?

And Catholics do not believe that they are entitled to do everything that their God does. Just because God killed almost everyone in the flood doesn’t mean that Catholics think it’s okay to go around drowning people.

Moreover, it’s bigoted as hell to claim that a Mexican would disobey a judge’s jury instructions just because they are Catholics. I don’t know where all this bigotry is coming from,
The Mexican he was dating just dear johned him?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:28 am
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the actual Catholic doctrine.
Official Catholic doctrine is irrelevant. The majority of Catholics create their own version of Catholicism.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Catholics do not believe that God had sex with Mary, so why would they think it was okay for Epstein to do something that their God didn’t do?
It is a combination of many things. Mexican legislators do get influenced by the Catholic church. The age of consent (with some restrictions) is 12 in many Mexican states and the age of consent was 12 in Vatican city a few years ago. In Mexico, "With parental consent, boys have to be at least 16 and girls need to be at least 14 years of age." Catholic law (updated in 1983) states, "If the man is under 16 years of age, or the woman is under 14 years of age, then their marriage is invalid." Coincidence?

Catholics do believe God impregnated young Mary. It sends the message that it is okay to get pregnant at a very young age. Many Catholics do know Mary was about 14 years old. Keisha Castle-Hughes was 16 years old when she portrayed the starring role of the Virgin Mary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keisha_Castle-Hughes

Mary is usually very young in Mexican Catholic art.
https://desdelafe.mx/noticias/sabias-qu ... acimiento/
https://parroquiasjuanbautista.blogspot ... maria.html

According to a famous Catholic newspaper, "Alma White commented on the age of marriage in Palestine, ‘A girl is usually married in her twelfth or thirteenth year, and sometimes as early as her tenth year.'” The newspaper is also available in Spanish.
https://aleteia.org/2019/03/25/how-old- ... ith-jesus/
https://es.aleteia.org/2019/03/25/cuant ... -de-jesus/
Res Ipsa wrote:
Just because God killed almost everyone in the flood doesn’t mean that Catholics think it’s okay to go around drowning people.

Many Catholics use religion to justify bad things.

Epsteins are very common in Mexico and they rarely get reported. What makes you think a Mexican Catholic jury would convict?

Child Sexual Abuse "is a complex phenomenon...In Mexico, most of the cases reported by children fail to lead to legal proceedings, remaining in the National System for the Integral Development of the Family [31]. It is estimated that only one in ten cases of abuse is reported in Mexico [32]. This difficulty in disclosure is worsened by the high frequency with which victims later retract their reports due to family pressures, not being believed, or fear of stigma and shame"
https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/13/6931/htm
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 am

Something much worse, but it is irrelevant. I shared research studies.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 pm
K Graham wrote:

Oh, no. You procreated.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
K Graham wrote:

None of which say anything about whether Mexican Catholics would disobey jury instructions in a child abuse case. What you are doing is just like Mopologists do -- nothing but motivated reasoning. And all based on your own misunderstanding of what Catholics believe.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
K Graham wrote:

None of your studies explains the bigotry you are expressing.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 pm
And all based on your own misunderstanding of what Catholics believe.
Many Catholics do believe god impregnated 14 year old Mary. Am I wrong? You can see a very young Mary in paintings and movies. Elpidia Carrillo was 16 years old when she portrayed the Virgin of Guadalupe. https://articlebio.com/elpidia-carrillo

And Catholics don't have a problem with that. Prosecutors wouldn't want jurors who believe god impregnated a 14 year old.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 pm
None of which say anything about whether Mexican Catholics would disobey jury instructions in a child abuse case.
Jury misconduct is very common. I don't think most jurors follow all the instructions.

In Mexico, "This difficulty in disclosure is worsened by the high frequency with which victims later retract their reports due to family pressures, not being believed, or fear of stigma and shame" https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/13/6931/htm

So yes, a Catholic jury would be very unlikely to convict an Epstein in court.