Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:22 pm
It is abuse, even if Mary was over 18.
I’m on board with this. In Christian tradition God is a pederast. It’s a terrible precedent that’s been set by the Catholic and/or proto-Christian faith.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:21 pm
Nothing. You are simply arguing that I am wrong. Had Doctor Steuss not added words to my mouth this new thread wouldn't exists
You said this, in a thread about the conviction of an associate of Jeffrey Epstein:
A Latino Catholic jury would've declared her not guilty on all counts. Christians don't have a problem with god impregnating 14 year old Mary.
No one, least of all me, needed to put any words in your mouth. The statement is unambiguous, and its inference and implication require no exposition.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:55 pm
Your statement about Christians is relevant only if God had sexual intercourse with Mary.
When did God ask for consent? Regardless of the method, Mary never gave him permission to get her pregnant. Ever heard of power dynamics?
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:22 pm
It is abuse, even if Mary was over 18.
I’m on board with this. In Christian tradition God is a pederast. It’s a terrible precedent that’s been set by the Catholic and/or proto-Christian faith.

- Doc
Thank God almighty!!! Finally someone!
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:08 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:55 pm
Your statement about Christians is relevant only if God had sexual intercourse with Mary.
When did God ask for consent? Regardless of the method, Mary never gave him permission to get her pregnant. Ever heard of power dynamics?
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm

- Doc
Ever hear of moving the goalposts?

ETA: Why do you discount Mary's words of consent as described in Luke? https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archi ... New Testament/266616/
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:10 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:08 pm

ETA: Why do you discount Mary's words of consent as described in Luke? https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archi ... New Testament/266616/
Since when can a child morally consent to impregnation by a god? We’d string a man or woman up for having sex with a child. God ain’t getting a pass on this one.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:03 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:10 pm

Since when can a child morally consent to impregnation by a god? We’d string a man or woman up for having sex with a child. God ain’t getting a pass on this one.

- Doc
In my state, a "child" can morally consent to terminate a pregnancy. At what age can a female person morally consent to start a pregnancy and was Mary that age in the Bible stories? I have no idea. As I've been discussing Catholic doctrine, and Catholics do not believe that God had sex with Mary, I don't think having sex with a child applies.

I'm not arguing for giving God a pass. I'm arguing against DT's expressed bigotry against Latino Catholics.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:29 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:03 pm

- Doc
In my state, a "child" can morally consent to terminate a pregnancy. At what age can a female person morally consent to start a pregnancy and was Mary that age in the Bible stories? I have no idea. As I've been discussing Catholic doctrine, and Catholics do not believe that God had sex with Mary, I don't think having sex with a child applies.

I'm not arguing for giving God a pass. I'm arguing against DT's expressed bigotry against Latino Catholics.
What does your state’s age of consent laws have to do with the question of morality in as much as it applies to a child who is impregnated by a god? The sheer weightiness of that arrangement is so beyond a child’s mind, and the literal power dynamic between a god and a young ‘maiden’ is so obvious it should render the question of morality moot.

- Doc
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:29 pm
I'm arguing against DT's expressed bigotry against Latino Catholics.
1. For many generations the Catholic church has allowed young girls to marry older men.
"Of the 320,000-plus Mexican girls between the ages of 12 and 17 who are cohabiting, nearly 70% are with a partner who is at least 11 years their senior, according to a report commissioned by the Ford Foundation."
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... -education

2. Mexican Catholics still have a victim blaming culture.
Among Mexican American women living in Arizona, "traditional beliefs related to virginity, sexuality, and victim blaming could be identified, there were signs of modernity as well."
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 6399213004
"high frequency with which victims later retract their reports due to family pressures, not being believed, or fear of stigma and shame"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8297106/

It is very unlikely Mexican Catholics would convict Maxwell. It is the truth, not bigotry.

Do you disagree?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yes.

Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

You’ve shown no actual evidence that Latino Catholics would ignore jury instructions in a case against Maxwell. Bigotry is exactly what you are posting.
he/him

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

DT, are you also knowledgeable about the legal age of consent in other countries?

Your obsession with this topic is... well, consistent, at least.

by the way, you are aware (I hope) that there are differences among rape, statutory rape, and legal consent? I find it very hard to believe Mexicans give people a pass on rape or statutory rape due to their "culture."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.