Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

Post by MeDotOrg »

Convicted on 5 of 6 counts of sex trafficking a minor, Maxwell is looking at prison for the rest of her natural life.

Still prior to sentencing, but it would be interesting to know if she can still make a proffer about testifying against bigger fish. How many years off her sentence for offering up Prince Andrew or Trump or Clinton? And how eager would they be to take such a deal?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell's Silver Hammer could be a proffer

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

To what aim? Seriously.

I’d be shocked if she lasts more than a few years in prison. Perhaps she keeps her mouth shut if she’s sent to a country club.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Ms. Maxwell is used to a life of privilege. If she serves 20 years, she'll be 80 years old when she gets out. What you and I might consider a country club prison might not look like that to a woman used to private islands. It could be that whatever she has to offer is not worth the headache to the Justice Department. By going to trial she gambled and lost. Did she have a proffer that was turned down? Regardless, I'm not sure whether her guilty verdict is where the story ends.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

A Latino Catholic jury would've declared her not guilty on all counts. Christians don't have a problem with god impregnating 14 year old Mary.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:26 am
And how eager would they be to take such a deal?
But the government is not interested in going after the parents and Giuffre.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 pm
The government is not interested in going after the parents of the victims and Giuffre.
Curiously, however, when it comes to what allegedly happened between Virginia and Prince Andrew, she has little sympathy for her former friend. ‘I don’t think she [Virginia] deserves any compensation. I don’t think she was coerced into doing anything.’ Although she believed her friend’s account at the time, Carolyn adds: ‘I don’t think Virginia deserves anything less than what Maxwell is getting because she trafficked me into a world of spiralling downward slopes ... She knew how old I was, and she knew I came from a broken home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... =operanews

Not making the headlines; I guess people only want Trump or Clinton in jail.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Why would the government be interested in going after victims and their parents?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:27 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Why would the government be interested in going after victims and their parents?
Depending on what legal system they live under, parents who knowingly and freely allow a minor child in their care to be subject to sexual abuse by third parties might well be held to be criminally liable.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

MSN wrote:A whole lot of John Does are likely more nervous this morning.

At issue? Virginia Giuffre’s request to unseal documents that name names in her since-settled civil lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell, which led to a lengthy and ongoing open-records battle.

In December of last year, a Manhattan jury in Maxwell’s trial returned guilty verdicts in five of the six charges against her after six days of deliberations. Maxwell faced federal charges that included conspiracy, violations of the Mann Act, and sex trafficking a minor for her role as Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime confidante and now-convicted accomplice, related to what prosecutors described as Epstein’s “Pyramid scheme” of sexual abuse of minor girls.

Depending on what lies underneath the redactions, the unsealed information could make waves inside the same courthouse, and around the world.

Giuffre, one of Epstein’s many alleged victims, filed a federal lawsuit in New York in August of last year accusing Britain’s Prince Andrew of sexually abusing her on multiple occasions when she was 17 years old. Her lawsuit against Alan Dershowitz—and his countersuit against her—are also playing out in the Southern District of New York.

In a legal brief filed on Wednesday, Giuffre requested that the judge unseal the names of the John Does currently kept out of the public eye, in part due to their complaints of how disruptive the media attention would be to their lives.
Somewhere someone is crapping gold bricks.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:50 pm
A Latino Catholic jury would've declared her not guilty on all counts. Christians don't have a problem with god impregnating 14 year old Mary.
I’m going to go out on a limb that “Latino Catholics” don’t think Epstein was god.