Ben Shapiro lies about Omicron and vaccines

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Ben Shapiro lies about Omicron and vaccines

Post by Res Ipsa »

cinepro wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 am
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 pm
Thanks for bringing out that very important point. It is obvious that the greater the percentage of the population that is fully vaccinated, the greater will be percentage of covid victims who are fully vaccinated. For example: if the vaccine is 90% effective, and 90% of the population is fully vaccinated, then that 90% of the population would still have a 10% chance of catching covid if exposed to it. Even if 100% of the 10% who are still unvaccinated who are exposed to covid catch it, the number of unvaccinated victims of covid will almost certainly be smaller than the number of fully vaccinated people with covid. Obviously this doesn't mean there is no benefit in getting vaccinated.
Relevant calculator:

https://sanfordgordon.shinyapps.io/impliedefficacy/
Good tool. Thanks for the link.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

cinepro wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 am
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 pm
Thanks for bringing out that very important point. It is obvious that the greater the percentage of the population that is fully vaccinated, the greater will be percentage of covid victims who are fully vaccinated. For example: if the vaccine is 90% effective, and 90% of the population is fully vaccinated, then that 90% of the population would still have a 10% chance of catching covid if exposed to it. Even if 100% of the 10% who are still unvaccinated who are exposed to covid catch it, the number of unvaccinated victims of covid will almost certainly be smaller than the number of fully vaccinated people with covid. Obviously this doesn't mean there is no benefit in getting vaccinated.
Relevant calculator:

https://sanfordgordon.shinyapps.io/impliedefficacy/
Great! Thanks for that easy to use calculator to determine relative risks of being vaccinated or unvaccinated!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

From a local mother's group on Facebook. Different part of town than I previously posted about.

Where do you fill prescriptions? I've been on hold with Walgreens (street names) for over an hour multiple times- they just seem to get worse and more rude each time. Now they are saying they take 7-10 days to fill a prescription with them. I'm willing to travel for customer service and kindness.

Based on all the replies I read, the ladies don't appear to understand what's going on. Some of them seem to be just "out there" wondering why their different pharmacies are all of a sudden being an inconvenience to them. :shock:

A few posted about staffing shortages due to illness and low stock so hopefully that's helping to inform the group.

I've reached the conclusion that a majority of Americans are far too engaged in social media and television shows that they don't have one foot in the real world or know how to navigate it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

HEADS UP.

Here's the link for your free Covid 19 tests from the Feds. Four tests per address.
https://www.covidtests.gov/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!