Rogan gets Owned on Air by CNN doctor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Rogan gets Owned on Air by CNN doctor

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

cinepro wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 am
K Graham wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:38 pm
Sounds like Sean Hannity going through Tucker Carlson's show and pointing out fact/fiction.
Is there anything he says in the article that you disagree with?
How about agree with?
Claim: Vaccines have lots of other dangerous side effects

At other points in his interview, Malone alludes to many potential side effects of vaccination, claiming it can result in seizure and paralysis, and that the menstrual irregularities associated with the vaccine suggest it is a “major threat to reproductive health” for women. He suggests that vaccination can suppress T cells, raising the risk of unusual cancers.

To date, I have seen no evidence to support any of these claims, and I believe it is a mistake to raise them. First, they are irresponsible — Malone’s rhetoric verges on fear-mongering — and second, they distract from his legitimate points on myocarditis in young men.

McCullough suggests that vaccine-related deaths and injuries in the US are severely underreported by the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). While I agree that there are problems with VAERS, I find it difficult to believe the numbers McCullough offers of 45,000 dead and 1 million injured.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

cinepro wrote:
K Graham wrote:
Sounds like Sean Hannity going through Tucker Carlson's show and pointing out fact/fiction.
Yes, I disagree with his claims of debate being stifled. I don’t know when this was, but he seems to have gone off the deep end as of late. See his Twitter feed on RCTs.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

cinepro wrote:
K Graham wrote:
Ok, so I just read through it and here are my thoughts...
The precise estimate of risk is now thought to be between 1 in 3,000 to 6,000 for males in the target range (roughly age 12 to 30) ... Malone and Rogan are correct that the media dismisses concerns over myocarditis by claiming that most cases are “mild”, when in fact it is too early for us to know the full effects.
His linked source says the risk is 1 in 6800 for boys between 12-16. Only 800 children under the age of 17 have died from COVID, but how many have died because of myocarditis complications post vaccination? If the answer is zero, then how does he claim everyone in the healthcare industry is wrong in saying the majority of these cases are "mild"? Especially when his own source says the same exact thing?

He also references papers posted at Medrixv, which is where academics put their stuff because it hasn't been peer-reviewed.
Proponents of vaccines and boosters for those with a prior Covid-19 infection often point to antibody titers — blood tests showing that a recently vaccinated or boosted person has higher levels of Covid-19 antibodies than someone with natural immunity. But this is not persuasive.
He should qualify this as not persuasive to him since it is clearly persuasive to most professionals. He then goes on to admit that vaccines and boosters do provide more antibodies than those with "natural immunity" but he doesn't explain why this doesn't make them more protected against infection. Dr. Fauci has stated numerous times that we know natural immunity lasts only 2-3 months but that vaccination lasts more than six months. He doesn't even address that.

He contradicts himself it seems when he says:
A pooled analysis of all such studies by Axfors and colleagues suggests patients treated with chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine had increased risk of death.
But then says the drugs, which cause increased risk of death, weren't "particularly dangerous":
Rogan, Malone and McCullough ... are correct that these drugs have been unfairly demonised. The truth is that they are neither particularly dangerous nor effective.
So it can kill you, but not in a "particularly dangerous" way?
The media labelling ivermectin a “horse drug” or “horse dewormer” was particularly absurd. Ivermectin is a well-known drug taken by humans all over the world.
He also seems oblivious to the fact that the Ivermectin was considered horse dewormer in the media only because a) the CDC put out a warning to that effect, b) livestock outlets were running out of it and c) local news outlets across the country were reporting that people were literally consuming it in the form of "horse paste." Horse paste is Ivermectin. The fact that there is a weaker version of it that is sometimes prescribed for human consumption doesn't change the fact that it is fundamentally and quite literally the same damn drug.

This guy seems more upset that the media reported on this than he is about the fact that these two doctors he considers qualified and credentialed, are so flippin stupid that they were drawing illicit conclusions based on "data" from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which any Tom, Dick and Harry could contribute to. How can two doctors preaching about stats and data be this dumb?

And there hasn't been nearly enough criticism for practicing doctors who don't understand the significance of double-blind randomized testing. Any doctor who still thinks Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are COVID cured should have their licenses taken away.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 am
cinepro wrote:

Yes, I disagree with his claims of debate being stifled. I don’t know when this was, but he seems to have gone off the deep end as of late. See his Twitter feed on RCTs.
Yes, and he also suggests it is wrong to hold Rogan accountable for pushing misinformation because his debate platform is necessary. Uh, we can still debate this stuff without the likes of Rogan and his propensity to pull every crackpot from the woodwork because it helps his ratings.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18