Rogan gets Owned on Air by CNN doctor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Rogan gets Owned on Air by CNN doctor

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

One of the reasons why I think it’s important is because it highlights the reasons why a guy like Donald Trump is so damned dangerous,” he said in comments posted online by Mediaite.

Trump, he added, “can incite a bunch of morons to do something really damned stupid.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-roga ... b86a824b84

Why don’t you google a bit, and maybe demonstrate some even temperament regarding this topic you brought up?

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-says ... on-1664015
Popular podcast host Joe Rogan thinks former first lady Michelle Obama would beat former President Donald Trump in a 2024 presidential election match-up if she decided to run for the White House.

During an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience released on Christmas Eve, Rogan said: "I really believe, if Michelle Obama runs, she wins."

"She's intelligent, she's articulate, she's the wife of the best president that we have had in our lifetime in terms of like a representative of intelligent, articulate people. She could win," the podcaster said of Obama.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Why don’t you google a bit, and maybe demonstrate some even temperament regarding this topic you brought up?
The fact that he's constantly hosting these whack jobs on the far Right says it all for me. I used to like his shows, and I liked it when he tried to educate Cadace Owens on Climate Change and when he had some other guy on who tried to deny Trump lies about anything. But his demeanor towards these folks is meek and mild compared to the way he speaks to anyone who could be perceived as Left. I see him like FOX News used to be back in the late 90's and 2000's when they tried to host at least one Democrat for every eight Republicans. But nowadays they just cut all the Dems loose and don't even try to pretend to be objective anymore. FOX is basically Republican headquarters, and The Rogan Show is now a magnet for every person or group promoting conspiracy nonsense.

Now, he criticized Trump over the insurrection but that is something even Trump's loyalists did last year. Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell, even Kevin McCarthy had hammered him over that. But it was a short lived criticism. Now, I'm not saying Rogan is all in on Trump like those others, or that he has had a complete change of heart or that he would even vote for him, but hosting Trump critics or getting into draw out arguments criticizing Trump seems to be somewhat off limits for his show. He knows what his base likes to hear and he obviously doesn't give a damn if it is accurate information.

And why in the bejeezus would he keep hosting whackjobs like Alex Jones? I mean, the guy was going bankrupt on the verge of irrelevancy after his lawsuit, and now Rogan brings him back to life and shares him with his 11,000,000 listeners. He hosted him a couple weeks before the election so he could spread his idiot conspiracy theories, clearly cognizant of the fact that this could help Trump's chances in November. We're talking about a guy who was sued successfully over his blatant lies over school shootings being false flags. Here is how Rogan defended putting Jones on his show.
"I knew people were going to criticize the content of the podcast without even listening and I was right. That’s why I fact checked every single crazy thing he said, and all of them were verified. People have said he spread “anti-covid vaccine conspiracy theories” because he said that 80% of the people who were given one of the vaccines got sick. Here’s the video of Bill Gates admitting it himself.
Actually Gates admitted no such thing, which says a lot about Rogan's ability to "verify."

Rogan makes excuses for Alex Jones:
He said a lot of crazy, but accurate things, and that’s what I’ve been saying about him for years. He’s most certainly screwed up in the past, but this episode and the subjects he exposed highlight why I chose to have him on."
Only an absolute moron would give someone like Alex Jones a platform because he thinks he's "exposing" anything real.
Popular podcast host Joe Rogan thinks former first lady Michelle Obama would beat former President Donald Trump in a 2024 presidential election match-up if she decided to run for the White House.

During an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience released on Christmas Eve, Rogan said: "I really believe, if Michelle Obama runs, she wins."

"She's intelligent, she's articulate, she's the wife of the best president that we have had in our lifetime in terms of like a representative of intelligent, articulate people. She could win," the podcaster said of Obama.
A compliment to the Obama's, which cannot stand on its own without a caveat. Who could ever argue Obama wasn't the most "articulate" President in our lifetime? I highlighted the relevant portion and I can easily see his hard Right loyalists giving him a pass on this for being politically correct.

Any compliments for Biden by chance? Something to demonstrate his even temperament on this subject or just unhinged rants against him? He wasn't even in office for half a year before Rogan railed into him, calling him "out of his mind" and insisting "we have no leader in this country anymore." This was obviously true of Trump for the four years he was in office, but he didn't get around to criticizing Trump until he tried to overthrow our Democracy. What about something to balance out the constant bashing of Kamala Harris? I tried to google some nugget of compliment, but found nothing.

Jordan Peterson is going to be on his show YET AGAIN.

Joe Rogan & Jordan Peterson DESTROYS mainstream media And SLAMS IT'S LIES
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Perhaps what you’re missing is that many of the people who are on his show who are comedians and non-politicians often share their left-leaning opinions, but don’t spend the show hyper-focused on politics. For example, the Henry Rollins interview was pretty sweet. Russell Brand is a Leftist hippy whackadoodle, but interesting. He’s had anarchists like Michael Malice (maybe he’s Libertarian, I dunno, I confuse the two) on, the Young Turks, and more I’d have to google. I guess I’m curious about your consternation with regard to his podcast - is it his move to Texas and his recent shift toward the Right (like hunting and homeopathy?), despite being irreligious, a drug user, and somewhat degenerate?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:42 am
Perhaps what you’re missing is that many of the people who are on his show who are comedians and non-politicians often share their left-leaning opinions, but don’t spend the show hyper-focused on politics. For example, the Henry Rollins interview was pretty sweet. Russell Brand is a Leftist hippy whackadoodle, but interesting. He’s had anarchists like Michael Malice (maybe he’s Libertarian, I dunno, I confuse the two) on, the Young Turks, and more I’d have to google. I guess I’m curious about your consternation with regard to his podcast - is it his move to Texas and his recent shift toward the Right (like hunting and homeopathy?), despite being irreligious, a drug user, and somewhat degenerate?

- Doc
I'm one of those guilt by association guys. He's not just hosting a whackadoodle nut job once in a while, he's doing so on a regular basis. And he does it at the worst time, like Alex Jones right before the election, and a bunch of appearances by every COVID skeptic during a global pandemic.

And I wasn't aware Brand was a Liberal. Are you sure about that? Because I remember being pissed at him for mocking the whole "Russiagate" thing as a hoax. He's also been doing his own podcast thing and three different shows were all about attacking CNN for "lying" about Rogan.

I was looking through the upcoming list of guests on his show and the people who will likely be getting into politics are:

1. Glenn Greenwald - He's been defending Trump and criticizing the Left for the past few hours on Twitter.
2. Megyn Kelly - She's been verging into Alex Jones territory lately.
3. James Lindsay - Argues on Twitter that Progressive policies increase crime.
4. Jordan Peterson - Perhaps the most visible, credentialed opponent of everything we've been doing to fight COVID.
5. Maajid Nawaz - pushes COVID conspiracies on Twitter and is an opponent of mandates.
6. Robb Wolf - He recently tweeted: CDC Director Walensky: “The overwhelming number of deaths, over 75%, occurred in people who had at least four co-morbidities.” Old enough to remember when this was an insensitive right-wing conspiracy theory. Someone should tell the fact-checkers.

That's a hell of a lot of Right Wing garbage he's going to be pumping out to his 11 million listeners (nearly four times the audience of Primetime king Tucker Carlson) and that's just over the next couple of weeks. Everyone else on the list were athletes, wrestlers, musicians, etc who aren't likely to to balance this out with Leftwing criticisms of the GOP or defenses of Biden. You noted he hosted Ana Kasparian from Young Turks, but according to youtube that was 7 years ago and it was her interviewing him on her show. It would be nice if he would host just as many from the far left as he does the far right, buts that's not where the money is.

I see in the right column that he's recently hosted former Damned Yankees guitarist, Ted "Obama is a sub-human mongrel" Nugent and Andy "ANTIFA is killing everyone everywhere" Ngo.

Also, Dr. Robert Malone was banned from Twitter for pushing false COVID claims so Rogan puts him on his show and that interview got 50 million views.

Then there is right wing darling Ben Shapiro. Rogan's invited him on his show a half dozen times and just lets him rant his BS with little to no pushback.
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

Dr. Vinay Prassad (who isn't without his own criticism for his covid beliefs) has gone through the Rogan interviews with Drs. McCullough and Malone and tried to sort fact from fiction. If you want to know what, exactly, was discussed on the shows without listening to them (and the science for or against those claims), it's a pretty good article.

We need to talk about the vaccines
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

cinepro wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:55 pm
Dr. Vinay Prassad (who isn't without his own criticism for his covid beliefs) has gone through the Rogan interviews with Drs. McCullough and Malone and tried to sort fact from fiction. If you want to know what, exactly, was discussed on the shows without listening to them (and the science for or against those claims), it's a pretty good article.

Are you pinging on the myocarditis thing? In case you are:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ditis.html
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

cinepro wrote:

Vinny Prasad?? Recently published in the Epoch Times Vinny Prasad? Mr. demand unethical RCTs Vinny Prasad?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

cinepro wrote:

Sounds like Sean Hannity going through Tucker Carlson's show and pointing out fact/fiction.
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 pm
Vinny Prasad?? Recently published in the Epoch Times Vinny Prasad? Mr. demand unethical RCTs Vinny Prasad?
If you meant Vinay Prasad, the hematologist-oncologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of California San Francisco, who runs a lab at UCSF which studies cancer drugs, health policy, clinical trials and better decision making, then yes, it's him.

Is there anything in the article you disagree with?
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:38 pm
Sounds like Sean Hannity going through Tucker Carlson's show and pointing out fact/fiction.
Is there anything he says in the article that you disagree with?