Antivax Promoters Who Died Because of Their Stupidity

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Antivax Promoters Who Died Because of Their Stupidity

Post by Chap »

Here's another one.

She deliberately set out to get infected ... and saddest of all, shortly before she died she thought she was recovering. But her social media publicity suggests she was using her own case to promote an agenda in favour of 'natural immunity' rather than vaccination. Well, you can't catch COVID if you are dead ...

Czech folk singer dies after deliberately contracting Covid
Hana Horka wanted to prove recovery from Covid so she could obtain a health pass

A Czech folk singer died after she deliberately contracted Covid to obtain a health pass that would have allowed her to visit venues blocked to those without proof of vaccination or recent recovery from an infection, her family has said.

Hana Horka, 57, who was the vocalist for the band Asonance, died on Sunday, according to her son Jan Rek. She had voluntarily exposed herself to the virus when her husband and son, both vaccinated, caught it before Christmas, Rek told public radio iRozhlas.cz.

“She decided to continue to live normally with us and preferred to catch the disease than to get vaccinated,” he said on Monday.

Two days before her death, Horka posted on social media: “I survived … It was intense. So now there will be the theatre, sauna, a concert … and an urgent trip to the sea.”

Proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access cultural and sports facilities as well as for travel and for visiting bars and restaurants in the EU member state, which is facing a soaring Covid count.

Rek blamed the death on a local anti-vax movement, saying its leaders had convinced his mother against vaccination and thus had “blood on their hands”.

“I know exactly who influenced her … It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family,” Rek said.

“It wasn’t just total disinformation but also views on natural immunity and antibodies acquired through infection,” he added.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m not 100%, but I think Meatloaf just died of the covidz. TMZ is the source for the “unconfirmed” report, so take that how you will. At least Ajax doesn’t have to scratch another rocker off his playlist!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:21 am
I’m not 100%, but I think Meatloaf just died of the covidz. TMZ is the source for the “unconfirmed” report, so take that how you will. At least Ajax doesn’t have to scratch another rocker off his playlist!

- Doc
I stated that on my R&R thread. All I can say is that TMZ broke the Michael Jackson story and accurately reported his death and they were the only news place that got it right from the get go.

I think the claim is accurate. :cry:

ETA: From his wiki: He was critical of restrictions brought about in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic, telling the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August 2021, "I hug people in the middle of COVID ... I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics." He described a person who called for people on airplanes to wear masks as a "Nazi" and "power-mad". Meat Loaf then said: "If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled."[134][135]
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Louie Anderson died too, wonder if it was COVID.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:53 am
Louie Anderson died too, wonder if it was COVID.
No. He had large B-cell lymphoma.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:28 am
ETA: From his wiki: He was critical of restrictions brought about in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic, telling the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August 2021, "I hug people in the middle of COVID ... I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics." He described a person who called for people on airplanes to wear masks as a "Nazi" and "power-mad". Meat Loaf then said: "If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled."[134][135]
Well, he was right: he can't control himself when he's dead.

Meatloaf is better food than "music."

(I used to work in a bar that had an incessant need to play his crap every night. Man, I hated that. If I need to be angry, all I need to do is listen to Meatloaf or the Killers. damned awful.)
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

... they cannot continue to stop life because of politics.
God Almighty!

Trying to stop people transmitting or catching a potentially fatal or crippling disease is politics.

Presumably he would rather we still had smallpox, because of all the 'politics' that went into the world-wide vaccination that eliminated that long-term scourge of the human race?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm
... they cannot continue to stop life because of politics.
God Almighty!

Trying to stop people transmitting or catching a potentially fatal or crippling disease is politics.

Of course. The Evil Gubmint is only trying to keep you alive so that they can suck taxes out of you. What good are you to them if you up and die?

Far better to rant about how vaccine mandates are Naziism, and then die from a microscopic scrap of protein and nucleic acid. That’ll show ‘em!

Freeeeeeeeedommmm!!1!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Another one bites the dust.

Washington State Trooper Who Quit Over Vaccine Mandates Reportedly Dies Of COVID

Back in October FOX News made him a hero for refusing to get vaxxed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_RoGZHx0Ik
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

@4:10 he stated his family is a sole income family, that “he’s it.” Well, now his family, with four kids, is destitute. What a damned fool. All over not taking a vaccine that most likely would’ve saved his life, kept him from spreading Covid to the public, and kept his family together and housed. The GOP is doing this.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.