Antivax Promoters Who Died Because of Their Stupidity

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Antivax Promoters Who Died Because of Their Stupidity

Post by Jersey Girl »

Another piece on Robert LaMay. Lawrence O'Donnell notes the hypocrisy of Fox and Rupert Murdoch.

Fox Made Him A Celebrity For Refusing A Vaccine Mandate, Then He Died Of Covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1x4bR4Qdo

Lawrence O'Donnell contributed 10K to the GFM. You can see his contribution here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/washington-s ... ol-trooper
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:50 pm
Why should attention on them disappear after COVID kills them too?
Because they are dead and dancing on someone's grave is morbid?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:35 pm
K Graham wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:50 pm
Why should attention on them disappear after COVID kills them too?
People who just happen to catch COVID and die, but did their best to avoid it by getting vaccinated and not taking unnecessary risks? Rest in peace. You did your best to save your loved ones from loss, but you were one of the few who got a bad break.

People who failed to get vaccinated, because they picked up the idea from somewhere or other on social media that it was either pointless or an unnecessary risk, and did not have the educational or intellectual resources to get better information, or just never got round to it, then caught COVID and died? I'm more inclined to pity than blame.

People who devoted a great amount of effort to feeding misinformation and paranoid conspiracy theories to as many people as possible in an effort to stop them getting vaccinated, and mocked or threatened people who wear masks where appropriate? On balance, your loss is humanity's gain: one less voice on the side of insanity and death. If pointing up your death online helps save the lives of people who decide to get vaccinated as a result of seeing where your nonsense got you (in a casket), any bad taste involved in doing so is a price worth paying.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Chap wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:10 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:35 pm

People who just happen to catch COVID and die, but did their best to avoid it by getting vaccinated and not taking unnecessary risks? Rest in peace. You did your best to save your loved ones from loss, but you were one of the few who got a bad break.

People who failed to get vaccinated, because they picked up the idea from somewhere or other on social media that it was either pointless or an unnecessary risk, and did not have the educational or intellectual resources to get better information, or just never got round to it, then caught COVID and died? I'm more inclined to pity than blame.

People who devoted a great amount of effort to feeding misinformation and paranoid conspiracy theories to as many people as possible in an effort to stop them getting vaccinated, and mocked or threatened people who wear masks where appropriate? On balance, your loss is humanity's gain: one less voice on the side of insanity and death. If pointing up your death online helps save the lives of people who decide to get vaccinated as a result of seeing where your nonsense got you (in a casket), any bad taste involved in doing so is a price worth paying.
Bingo. It isn't about "dancing on graves," it is about making awareness for the public, especially those who were duped by these people.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

An antivax chiropractor:

I’ve noticed heaven is a pretty accepting place. Lots of antivaxxer types are going to heaven lately.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

An antivax daughter:

Well. RIP, Lion.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

In light of Ajax18’s latest “scamdemic” comment:

Comments:

Title - This free American Eagle and former marine (50) had an immune system but still died of COVID-19. He spent two months on a ventilator before finally collecting his award. He leaves behind a wife and three children. He had no prior health problems. Go Fund Me.

Top comment - They have no idea what an immune system is or how it works. Or how vaccination works.

Excellent analogy - For people like him, it's best to try to explain it in the most simplest and relatable way possible.
A vaccine is like putting the immune system in boot camp.

- Doc
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Names erased out? You're no fun.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:28 am
That's not a bad analogy, but the kind of training given in boot camp is perhaps too general to make a precise analogy with vaccination against a specific disease.

Surely it is more like the situation where you have some infantry who have never before encountered tanks. You deal with that by equipping them with anti-tank weapons, and putting them through training exercises that are as realistic as possible, so that when they actually meet an enemy tank unit in battle the drills they have learned and practised repeatedly swing into action, and a lot of enemy tanks are taken out.

In the case of an mRNA vaccine, you say to the body "Hey! Here are the plans for making that protein on the enemy virus spikes. Make lots of it, and let your immune system learn how to home in on it." Your body makes the stuff, your immune system prepares itself for battle against viruses with that particular marker, and then when a real virus gets into your body, it very likely gets taken out.

Just saying "We have infantry" is not a good answer to a tank attack if your infantry has no anti-tank training. Just saying "I have an immune system" is not a good answer to a COVID virus attack if your immune system has never had the chance to train itself in anti-COVID combat. To do that, you have to get vaccinated.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Chap wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:28 am
That's not a bad analogy, but the kind of training given in boot camp is perhaps too general to make a precise analogy with vaccination against a specific disease.

Surely it is more like the situation where you have some infantry who have never before encountered tanks. You deal with that by equipping them with anti-tank weapons, and putting them through training exercises that are as realistic as possible, so that when they actually meet an enemy tank unit in battle the drills they have learned and practised repeatedly swing into action, and a lot of enemy tanks are taken out.

In the case of an mRNA vaccine, you say to the body "Hey! Here are the plans for making that protein on the enemy virus spikes. Make lots of it, and let your immune system learn how to home in on it." Your body makes the stuff, your immune system prepares itself for battle against viruses with that particular marker, and then when a real virus gets into your body, it very likely gets taken out.

Just saying "We have infantry" is not a good answer to a tank attack if your infantry has no anti-tank training. Just saying "I have an immune system" is not a good answer to a COVID virus attack if your immune system has never had the chance to train itself in anti-COVID combat. To do that, you have to get vaccinated.
Now. The challenge. How do you put what you wrote into a simple sentence or two that’d be relatable for people who don’t read or have had propaganda spoon fed to them via youtube?

- Doc