Cop grabs throat... of female officer trying to stop him

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Cop grabs throat... of female officer trying to stop him

Post by Moksha »

Speaking of location; this guy I've ran into a few times on my walks lived in China for several years. He says it's pretty nice. Super low crime. He said the regular street cops weren't armed. The cops a level up were armed but not needed very often.
China would seem quite appealing to older people who do not fare very well against crime. It must be nice to have downtown settings where anyone can walk alone at night without fear of crime. Police violence would be unimaginable.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Cop grabs throat... of female officer trying to stop him

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:32 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:43 am
I bet if we required a 4-year degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement (whatever that’d look like), followed by a couple of years of job training before a cop hits the streets, and then backed by excellent pay out of the gate we’d see the quality of LEO recruits rise dramatically.
Does "out of the gate" mean at the start of that two-year job training, or at the end thereof?
I’d probably offer a 60-70% base pay because they’re still essentially students earning their masters in criminal justice/law enforcement. Upon graduation they’d get a nice bump in pay as an incentive to study and learn in good faith.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.