Trump and the Revenge of John Fogerty

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Trump and the Revenge of John Fogerty

Post by MeDotOrg »

John Fogerty wrote:Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, yeah
But when the taxman comes to the door
The house look a like a rummage sale
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one
Leticia James is in the process of addressing those lyrics, when a tax dodge is a way of life. I've said it before, but the State of New York is not going to stop investigating Trump because of the midterms, January 6th, Biden's struggles, Trump rallies, Fox News...none of that matters. There can be smoke and mirrors, there can be delays and obfuscations, but my gut tells me that this fraud is simple to quantify: If Buildings A, B and C are valued at X dollars for the tax purposes but Y dollars for loan applications and Y is always greater than X, it's relatively easy to prove a pattern of intentional fraud.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
ajax18
God

Re: Trump and the Revenge of John Fogerty

Post by ajax18 »

I used to like Credence Clearwater Revival up until about 3 seconds ago when I read this post.

Leticia James is forever auditioning for political office in New York. Now that she's cleared a path in the Democratic party for herself by taking down the Cuomo's she just needs to bolster her popularity among liberals by going after a man who no longer lives in New York. Thankfully the few conservative New Yorkers left are getting the message and bringing their money down to Florida where they are appreciated and welcomed.

ETA: What's interesting is that none of this mattered until Donald Trump became an active Republican. What this shows me is just how much the left still fears President Trump. He's not just controlled opposition. And the left is in a bad place right now. The Democrat party has shifted so far left they're losing moderates and their popular advantage they once enjoyed. They've moved Biden so far left that he's went from 60% approval rating down to 32% in under a year. It's going to take some major cheating for the Democrats to hold onto the House in 2022. Perhaps they have the deep state infrastructure in place to pull it off like they did in 2020. Or perhaps it might be a repeat of the Virginia governor's race.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:24 am

I used to like Credence Clearwater Revival up until about 3 seconds ago when I read this post.
Were you equally anti-Creedence when Fogerty had to issue a cease and desist to Trump for using the song at his rallies?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
They've moved Biden so far left that he's went from 60% approval rating down to 32% in under a year.
Where do you come up with 32%? Was it Brietbart or FOX who lied to you about this? RCP can't produce a single poll with numbers that low in the hundreds of polls that have happened since his inauguration.

Biden's aggregate approval was 52% in February and is now 42%, but only really began to drop in July when it became clear we weren't going to get COVID behind this year. This isn't because of Biden, it is because he underestimated the stupidity of our nation. Republicans everywhere are willing to avoid vaccination, risk killing themselves just so they can stick it to Biden.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bi ... al-rating/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:44 pm
If Buildings A, B and C are valued at X dollars for the tax purposes but Y dollars for loan applications and Y is always greater than X, it's relatively easy to prove a pattern of intentional fraud.
Yup. I don't give a damn why this issue about Trump's business affairs are being investigated, so long as Y was as a matter of fact habitually greater than X in the accounts of Trump's businesses.

If that turns out to be true as a matter of objective fact, then those businesses were breaking the law, and should be prosecuted for deliberately and knowingly not paying the tax they should have been paying. If a jury finds the Trump businesses guilty of that then those businesses and those managing them need to be punished.

What's not to like about that? All the rest is just distraction.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Thankfully the few conservative New Yorkers left are getting the message and bringing their money down to Florida where they are appreciated and welcomed.
Helping to fuel the standing army of The White Citizens of Trumpaloosa in their insurgency against America.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Sounds like a personal problem to me. You never paid attention to the lyrics before you read this post? John Fogerty is a liberal, always has been. Most artists are. Can't think of any great rock artists that are hard right (correct me if I'm wrong). There's a reason for that.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Father Francis wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:12 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sounds like a personal problem to me. You never paid attention to the lyrics before you read this post? John Fogerty is a liberal, always has been. Most artists are. Can't think of any great rock artists that are hard right (correct me if I'm wrong). There's a reason for that.
He probably got off to all those Vietnam movies or shows that’d use Fogerty’s Fortunate Son song, but never actually paid attention to the lyrics. You know. Superficial understanding of his own world and all that.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

He probably got off to all those Vietnam movies or shows that’d use Fogerty’s Fortunate Son song, but never actually paid attention to the lyrics. You know. Superficial understanding of his own world and all that.

- Doc
You're right. I ignored the lyrics because I liked Fogerty's southern accent. I also like the song Paint it Black, by the Rolling Stones. It was the intro to tour of duty, which was about the Vietnam war. But yeah, none of those guys will be getting a dime from me in sales. I've removed Fogerty from my spotify.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Here's a simple dollars-and- cents example of cut-and-dried fraud:
New York Attorney General Letitia James has accused former President Donald Trump of falsely claiming his luxury apartment was nearly three times its actual size in order to massively inflate its valuation.

The details involving the Trump Tower Triplex were unveiled by James during an update on the investigation into claims the Trump Organization fraudulently valued multiple assets to achieve economic benefits such as bigger bank loans.

In a statement, James gave an example of how Trump allegedly valued his triplex apartment at $327 million in 2015 and 2016 financial statements, based on claims it was 30,000 square feet in size.

However, the actual size of Trump's triplex apartment was 10,996 square feet.

In 2017, Trump's financial statement changed the value of the property yet again, stating it was worth $116.8 million and for the first time revealing it was only 10,996.39 square feet in size.

As noted by James' office, longtime Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg previously testified to them that the value of Trump's apartment had been overstated by "give or take" $200 million.

James' office also states that Trump himself publicly claimed his triplex apartment in Trump Tower was 30,000 square feet in size or larger, as evidenced in a 2017 article for Forbes magazine entitled "Donald Trump Has Been Lying About The Size Of His Penthouse."
When Weisselberg says the value was overstated by "give or take" $200 million, keep in mind, the most expensive apartment sold in the history of New York is $169 million. The New York AG is in possession of documents that Donald Trump signed for the apartment at 10,000 square feet.

Leticia James did not put a gun to his head and demand that he overstate the value of his triplex. He knew what the square footage was. Figures don't lie but liars figure. He lied.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land