Trump and the Revenge of John Fogerty

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Trump and the Revenge of John Fogerty

Post by Some Schmo »

LOL @ ajax. What a maroon.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:Fogerty is a liberal. Listening to his music would feel like wearing a pair of Nike LeBron sneakers made by Uyghur slave labor in China.
Ajax, you're not making a great deal of sense.

- up until 1/19/22, you've been a sometimes fan of John Fogerty and have had his stuff on Spotify.
- 1/19/22, meDotOrg quotes a portion of one of his songs about the rich and links it to Trump in a negative way.
- 1/19/22, Ajax removes his Fogerty content from Spotify "for being a liberal".

So what, up until yesterday you didn't know Fogerty was a liberal? meDotOrg's quote was hardly a liberal talking point any more than it is a "stop-the-steal" Cultellus-level rally cry for populism; and you have also gone on record as pro-populism. Remember the rich elite in Hollywood and elite liberals lying and cheating all over the country rigging elections? Those lyrics could support right-wing populists as well.

I guess its possible that up until meDotOrg quoted the song that you didn't know Fogerty's political status and then looked it up. But your confident statement of fact comes across as if this is something you've known for a long time. Which, if so, why was he ever on your Spotify?

My best guess is that he wasn't on your Spotify, and in a fit of anger, you just said he was and that you were taking him off as a way to get back at him.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm
My best guess is that he wasn't on your Spotify, and in a fit of anger, you just said he was and that you were taking him off as a way to get back at him.
My best guess is that this thread is just another example of ajax unable to tell the truth about anything.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Gadianton wrote: My best guess is that he wasn't on your Spotify, and in a fit of anger, you just said he was and that you were taking him off as a way to get back at him.
And when he read it, one single, glistening, silvery tear broke free from John Fogerty's eye, and slid slowly, ever so slowly down his cheek.

(I'm pretty sure this is what Ajax sees in his imagination when he makes this stuff up.)
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Boycott who you will, but keep in mind if you play this all the way out to include Hollywood entertainers, your entire list of movies available to you will be Midnight cowboy and Deliverance. And your music will be 'young country' bands who would rather be rockers... but can't.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

dantana wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:11 am
Boycott who you will, but keep in mind if you play this all the way out to include Hollywood entertainers, your entire list of movies available to you will be Midnight cowboy and Deliverance. And your music will be 'young country' bands who would rather be rockers... but can't.
I don't buy Nike either.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Father Francis wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:23 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:20 pm
I ignored the lyrics because I liked Fogerty's southern accent.
John Fogerty is from California...
Northern California, to boot. (I am persuaded by the theory that Fogerty's entire biography was mapped out to be an affront to Ajax's sensibilities.)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm
dantana wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:11 am
I don't buy Nike either.

You’re likely tapping that post out on a Chinese-made phone assembled by folks generally considered by some to be mere steps away from slave labor.

At least you’re holding to your principles by doing so while stark naked, and in a home devoid of nearly any furniture, appliances and kitchenware, considering how much of that stuff comes from China or other ‘sh*thole countries’. ; )

But, when Chinese suppliers make up 70-80 percent of Walmart’s merchandise (and likely Target et al.), it’s not always easy to ‘buy American’, even before applying ethical standards to purchases.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:30 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm

I don't buy Nike either.

You’re likely tapping that post out on a Chinese-made phone assembled by folks generally considered by some to be mere steps away from slave labor.

At least you’re holding to your principles by doing so while stark naked, and in a home devoid of nearly any furniture, appliances and kitchenware, considering how much of that stuff comes from China or other ‘sh*thole countries’. ; )

But, when Chinese suppliers make up 70-80 percent of Walmart’s merchandise (and likely Target et al.), it’s not always easy to ‘buy American’, even before applying ethical standards to purchases.
I'd rather buy Chinese than some reverse racist woke corporation. Seeing LeBron on a product probably drives away a lot of right leaning customers. Hence, why he needs the Chinese market do desperately.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Look at this black man, Ajax:

He owns you. He lives in your head. He’s a king, and his kingdom is in your dome.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.