NFL Playoffs

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by Some Schmo »

dantana wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 am

I think Eli just has resting sad face.

The commercial with Eli and Payton talking about the helmet catch cracks me up every time. Payton Manning has serious comedic chops.
Yeah, Eli was a bad choice for my whiney guy example. While his resting frown face can get animated when things don't go his way, it isn't directed at anyone but himself. As opposed to say, Cam N. with his eyerolls and antics when a receiver drops a pass. I just noticed 2 last weekends ago Kyler Murray carrying on a bit with the dramatics. I have also seen Matt Stafford show up his guys a few times. But, never Russ W. or Jimmy G.
Yes, Newton is your guy for whininess. Nobody wants to see a pro player be anything but a pro.

Russell Wilson seems inhuman, he's so composed. He's QB for the Niner's biggest rival, but it's impossible to dislike him.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Hopefully, the Super Bowl is the Chiefs vs the Rams with the Rams winning it. I would like to see Eric Weddle get a Super Bowl ring.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Brack wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:13 am
Hopefully, the Super Bowl is the Chiefs vs the Rams with the Rams winning it. I would like to see Eric Weddle get a Super Bowl ring.
I'm hoping for the classic rematch of Cincy vs San Fran.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Brady is retiring?!!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

VAY CON DIOS, TOMAS, EL MAS CABALLERO DE TODO. MI CORAZON ESTA PESADO, PERO LLENO DE GRATITUD POR HABERLE VISTO JUGAR EL JUEGO CON BELLEZA.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Brack wrote:
Me too, if Rams win it tomorrow. I've liked SF for years having been born near there. However I've liked the Raiders the best. Anyway, I think it'll be KC against the winner of the Rams/49ers. I think the Rams will come out ahead and then go on to beat KC.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:14 pm
Brack wrote:
Me too, if Rams win it tomorrow. I've liked SF for years having been born near there. However I've liked the Raiders the best. Anyway, I think it'll be KC against the winner of the Rams/49ers. I think the Rams will come out ahead and then go on to beat KC.
Either way tomorrow will be interesting. Don't know how it can live up to last week, but if anyone can I think it's Mahomes. If we're doing SB predictions, I'm thinking KC and 49ers, w KC winning.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 pm
VAY CON DIOS, TOMAS, EL MAS CABALLERO DE TODO. MI CORAZON ESTA PESADO, PERO LLENO DE GRATITUD POR HABERLE VISTO JUGAR EL JUEGO CON BELLEZA.
y con mucha inteligencia.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:08 pm
Brady is retiring?!!
I hadn't heard this until I read your post. I have to admit, I'm surprised. I thought he'd do at least one more season.

Back to the bottom of the NFC South for you, Tampa Bay! (...although Sean Payton also just left the Saints, so who knows how the NFC South looks next year. Probably a lot like the AFC South.)

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:36 pm
Either way tomorrow will be interesting. Don't know how it can live up to last week, but if anyone can I think it's Mahomes. If we're doing SB predictions, I'm thinking KC and 49ers, w KC winning.
Unfortunately, that seems like the most likely scenario to me, too.