November 2022 Elections?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: November 2022 Elections?

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:21 pm
I had to wiki Munira Mirza:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munira_Mirza
Early on, Mirza was involved in revolutionary politics, including being a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party, a small group that dissolved in 1997. She contributed to its magazine, Living Marxism, which was dissolved after losing a libel case to ITN over the Bosnian genocide. Staff from Living Marxism later formed the Spiked website, for which she has written articles.
Chap, it’s interesting that someone with her background would work for Boris Johnson. Is there something an American might not understand about the UK’s Conservative party where working with a communist, or perhaps a former communist, wouldn’t be a show stopper or political death for a Conservative politico?

- Doc
The RCP was a small rather middle-class and almost fashionable group so far as I recall my own (highly oppositional) contacts with it. In the end it more or less gave up any revolutionary position, and dissolved as its members got jobs in the media (I caricature to some extent). But it drew in some energetic and bright young people with an eye to the main political chance, and what may charitably be called 'adaptability' in their political principles. Just the right people to tell the Conservative Party how to win elections ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Re: Prison Split, From: November 2022 Elections?

Post by Moksha »

The OP and the bulk of the thread ended up in the Spirit Prison. Seems like indiscriminate splitting, like any thread can be ruined by an unusual poster and his sock puppet.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I hate that this thread was butchered by moderation. It looks like the original topic was about Bob Crockett.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:24 am
I hate that this thread was butchered by moderation. It looks like the original topic was about Bob Crockett.
It was about Bob Crockett.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:03 am
Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:24 am
Well, that was Canpakes thought. Your posts have altered his thinking.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:18 am
Binger wrote:

Yep. Musta done.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:18 am
Binger wrote:

No worries, my Antarctic friend. It looks like some posts were inadvertently sucked into a split, as I see no reason for many of the ones in the Prison version to have been moved there. I’ll apply a fix in a bit.

ETA: Done. Sometimes the control panel auto selects a range of posts when performing an action. If not caught, more posts are affected than intended. If you see a something like this again, shoot me a PM and it can be fixed easily.