Russian Invasion of Ukraine

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 pm
It's a test on a lot of levels, will he be suspicious and look it up since it's me and not one of his comrades sending the info? I'd be impressed if he did, actually. Will he agree? disagree?
Based on your description of him, it's dubious to think he'd closely read one of your political emails, even if your email had a subject line like, "Think you might like this."

But I'm definitely curious and interested in a follow-up to that story. (by the way, I always enjoy reading these stories about your walks).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.
dantana
Priest
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Looks like maybe somebodies got impatient with waiting for the west to cut off buying Russian oil.

I'll talk out of ignorance now for a minute and say that maybe some other bodies, Germany for instance, who it's said is heavily dependent on Russian oil, should have seen Putin for the madman he is and had a contingency plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/explosions-h ... 00211.html

"Russian media reported that the Druzhba oil depot, which is part of the Druzhba pipeline complex, which transports Russian oil to Europe, is on fire."

Anyway, hooray for Ukrainian sabotage, if that is what it is. I'm guessing it might be hard for Russian ratfinks to spot a Ukrainian pretending to be a Russian.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Look at this stupid article title on CNN. Does anyone else get like brain zaps from this stuff? I mean like when you pull back the lens and realize what is actually going on while you sit in your nice house here in the US trying to be at least somewhat civilized?

Ukrainian commander says 'enemy' broke into steel plant during battles

It's 2022. Why are we having 'battles' to start with? Use your freaking words for god sakes.
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Digging this uber rich guy. I don't think he should be cut any slack legally but what do I know. If he can do what he's doing in exile, I think he can keep doing it.

Oil baron unleashes vast wealth to fight Putin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTVW-zKeXjc
Slava Ukraini!