Russian Invasion of Ukraine

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://nypost.com/2023/02/21/belarus-f ... artnerfeed
Belarus’ foreign minister reportedly died by suicide after meeting Putin officials
Maybe Symmachus can explain why Russia and Putin should be allowed to take over Belarus and then eventually Europe?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:43 am
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:58 am
I'm leaving Ukraine in 6 hours and if you don't fire the prosecutor, you're not getting your $1 billion in US taxpayer funded aid. Well son of a bitch, they fired the prosecutor looking into corruption at Burisma holdings.
Son, we've been over this. He was not actually doing his job of pursuing corruption at Burisma Holdings. Seriously. There are pages upon pages about this on this board alone, ajax.

It's as if you only have room in your brain for conspiracies and forget counter-evidence as soon as you step away from the board so you can pick up with the same dumb disinformation the very next day without adjusting for facts.
Yeah, they just paid Hunter $80k/month to sit on a board in a foreign country where he doesn't speak the language or know anything about the natural gas business because of his skills. Read the Laptop from Hell. Millions upon millions of dollars from countries all over the world, especially Red China, just for a fifteen minute meeting with the "big guy."

"I don't know anything about Hunter's business dealings."
Joe Biden

translation== I've made every effort to maintain plausible deniability of any knowledge of my son's business of pedaling my influence throughout my entire 50 years serving in the Washington political establishment.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:43 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:43 am

Son, we've been over this. He was not actually doing his job of pursuing corruption at Burisma Holdings. Seriously. There are pages upon pages about this on this board alone, ajax.

It's as if you only have room in your brain for conspiracies and forget counter-evidence as soon as you step away from the board so you can pick up with the same dumb disinformation the very next day without adjusting for facts.
Yeah, they just paid Hunter $80k/month to sit on a board in a foreign country where he doesn't speak the language or know anything about the natural gas business because of his skills. Read the Laptop from Hell. Millions upon millions of dollars from countries all over the world, especially Red China, just for a fifteen minute meeting with the "big guy."

"I don't know anything about Hunter's business dealings."
Joe Biden

translation== I've made every effort to maintain plausible deniability of any knowledge of my son's business of pedaling my influence throughout my entire 50 years serving in the Washington political establishment.
We've been over this so many times, ajax. Burisma clearly paid Hunter to be on their board because they did think it would curry favor with the Obama administration. And frankly I fault both Hunter and Joe Biden for letting that sort of thing happen rather than putting the interests of the nation above Hunter's financials. We have also talked about how Joe tended to not want to interfere with Hunter because of the many tragedies that has affect him in life. He was in the car accident that killed his mother and sister.

It's a conspiracy that you hang everything on asserting there must have been money for favors involved because you believe they are there. Meanwhile, you don't say a peep about the blatant examples from Trump's family businesses milking the office for all it's worth.

To quote your favorite politician: Sad.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Now Russia wants to take Moldova. -_-

Also, another oligarch eats crap:

https://Twitter.com/WhereisRussia/statu ... 69890?s=20
Vyacheslav Rovneiko, an ex-KGB spy turned oil magnate was found in an unconscious state at his Moscow home.

His condition rapidly deteriorated and he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
Perhaps Symmachus would be good enough to explain why so many Russian elites are so depressed lately?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... e-vpx.pool

"Would that be The Global Times of China?"

"No...well, yeah"

"As a general matter I don't take Beijing's propaganda at face value."
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Anyone think Putin could be in potential danger?

From CNN:
The head of Russian private military company Wagner has launched an expletive-filled verbal attack on Kremlin officials in a graphic new video in which he appears beside what he says are the bodies of his mercenaries killed fighting in Ukraine.

“These guys here are Wagner PMC [men] who died today. The blood is still fresh. Film all of them!” Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin says in the video posted to social media.

Prigozhin last month threatened to withdraw his mercenaries from the embattled eastern city of Bakhmut if they don't receive more munitions to continue the fight.

In the new video, he reiterated his call for munitions, urging Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and Chief of General Staff of the Russian Armed forces Valery Gerasimov to look at the bodies.

“These are someone's f**king fathers and someone's sons. And you f**kers who aren't giving [us] ammunition, you b*tches, will have your guts eaten out in hell!”, Prigozhin says in the video. “You sit there in your luxury clubs, your kids are addicted to shooting clips for YouTube. You think you are the masters of this life? You think you can dispose of their lives? If you have warehouses full of ammunition, then you do.”
Prigozhin, whose forces have played a key role in Russian assaults on Ukrainian territory, has often clashed with Putin’s generals and other defense officials in Moscow.

He has complained for well over a month of receiving insufficient support from the Kremlin in the grueling fight for Bakhmut.

“This is simple math," he says in the video. "If you give the normal amount of ammunition, there would be five times less [dead]. They came here as volunteers and are dying so you can sit like fat cats in your luxury offices.”
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/17 ... bly-russia
After 30 years, it became clear that the presence of the Republic of Moldova in the structures of the CIS did not help us to remove the Russian army from the territory of the Republic of Moldova, to resolve the Transnistrian conflict. Being in the CIS did not protect us from blackmail in the middle of winter.

Withdrawal from the CIS Assembly is a first step. Ukraine left this organisation. The Republic of Moldova is a free country to make sovereign decisions. We demonstrated that we want democracy, freedom at home.
This is yuge. It makes one wonder how much longer before the “Stans” begin to make arrangements with China and perhaps India for trade and agreements? I suppose Kazakhstan might be the next one to bounce …

I guess I just don’t understand Putin’s realistic aims here, other than existing in a bubble and pining for the reestablishment of the Soviet Union’s glory days? I can’t see them keeping Crimea because of the cost of moving goods through a contested space. The Crimean canal is probably a loss too, since any repairs are moot since the entire thing can be shelled.

Russian Armed Forces (RAF) have incurred crazy losses to its most highly trained personnel. Training professionalized replacements would normally take a decade, but the RAF have also lost most of the people capable of doing that kind of thing. Even if the war stopped today, and every sanction were lifted, the RAF would take at least half a generation to replenish. And that’s not even talking about upgrading its materiel.

The other problem is demographic. The vatniks/mobiks who’re thrown to the meat grinder are part of the labor force, and, let’s be honest about men in Russia, they're their most valuable asset. Their productive years are ahead of them, but a dead man can’t extract oil out of the ground. Since Feb 2022 over a million men (and not a an insignificant number of educated women) in their 20’s and 30’s have left - this is a huge loss of economic potential, and a massive gain for places like Georgia, the EU, and US.

I don’t even know where to begin with sanctions, either. I’m ignorant as to the scope and extent of the sanctions levied on Russia, but I can’t imagine it going well for them. Recently some Russian billionaires were recorded on a phone call talking about how Russia is going to be destroyed. It has to be due to these sanctions.

Also, now that the RAF has been shown to be a retarded creature with outdated weaponry, I suspect the arms industry is going to shift hard to Europe, the US, and probably China (for its sheer production capability). I don’t know how Putin can project power when he just got dunked on, on the world’s biggest stage. Hell, even China just voted for some UN whatever stating Russia’s aggression is a threat to the world’s stability.

Putin owns this war and it’s associated costs in every sense of the word. I dunno. I don’t see how he can hold the territory he gained, which has to be the only way out for him. Dude has no exit plan. He could be offered a golden pathway up and over that bridge, back to Russia before this gets worse for him, but I don’t know if he’s capable of taking it. Perhaps a car bomb is in his future. *shrugs*

Maybe he can solace in that idiots like Ajax and Willy are rooting for him.

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

A radicalized pro-Russian US woman painted swastikas on a synagogue along with ‘AZOV’ in order to foment hatred toward Ukraine:

https://Twitter.com/EHunterChristie/sta ... 6017686528

The Twitter post above does a decent job explaining why an action like this is effective. It’s necessary people of good conscience to reject this agitprop and figure out who are the people behind it.

- Doc
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:44 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/17 ... bly-russia
After 30 years, it became clear that the presence of the Republic of Moldova in the structures of the CIS did not help us to remove the Russian army from the territory of the Republic of Moldova, to resolve the Transnistrian conflict. Being in the CIS did not protect us from blackmail in the middle of winter.

Withdrawal from the CIS Assembly is a first step. Ukraine left this organisation. The Republic of Moldova is a free country to make sovereign decisions. We demonstrated that we want democracy, freedom at home.
This is yuge. It makes one wonder how much longer before the “Stans” begin to make arrangements with China and perhaps India for trade and agreements? I suppose Kazakhstan might be the next one to bounce …

I guess I just don’t understand Putin’s realistic aims here, other than existing in a bubble and pining for the reestablishment of the Soviet Union’s glory days? I can’t see them keeping Crimea because of the cost of moving goods through a contested space. The Crimean canal is probably a loss too, since any repairs are moot since the entire thing can be shelled.

Russian Armed Forces (RAF) have incurred crazy losses to its most highly trained personnel. Training professionalized replacements would normally take a decade, but the RAF have also lost most of the people capable of doing that kind of thing. Even if the war stopped today, and every sanction were lifted, the RAF would take at least half a generation to replenish. And that’s not even talking about upgrading its materiel.

The other problem is demographic. The vatniks/mobiks who’re thrown to the meat grinder are part of the labor force, and, let’s be honest about men in Russia, they're their most valuable asset. Their productive years are ahead of them, but a dead man can’t extract oil out of the ground. Since Feb 2022 over a million men (and not a an insignificant number of educated women) in their 20’s and 30’s have left - this is a huge loss of economic potential, and a massive gain for places like Georgia, the EU, and US.

I don’t even know where to begin with sanctions, either. I’m ignorant as to the scope and extent of the sanctions levied on Russia, but I can’t imagine it going well for them. Recently some Russian billionaires were recorded on a phone call talking about how Russia is going to be destroyed. It has to be due to these sanctions.

Also, now that the RAF has been shown to be a retarded creature with outdated weaponry, I suspect the arms industry is going to shift hard to Europe, the US, and probably China (for its sheer production capability). I don’t know how Putin can project power when he just got dunked on, on the world’s biggest stage. Hell, even China just voted for some UN whatever stating Russia’s aggression is a threat to the world’s stability.

Putin owns this war and it’s associated costs in every sense of the word. I dunno. I don’t see how he can hold the territory he gained, which has to be the only way out for him. Dude has no exit plan. He could be offered a golden pathway up and over that bridge, back to Russia before this gets worse for him, but I don’t know if he’s capable of taking it. Perhaps a car bomb is in his future. *shrugs*

Maybe he can solace in that idiots like Ajax and Willy are rooting for him.

- Doc
I've never been a fan of communism, much less global communism. That's more of your's and Veritas's ideology. "To each according to need, and from each according to willingness to work."
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Bold, straight forward, and inspiring.

"And we'll do it" ~ Zelensky

And I believe him.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy addresses United Nations General Assembly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK96EUwhrvM
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!