Russian Invasion of Ukraine

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:39 pm
Ajax is responding exactly how I described those faux patriots who can't get their story straight. If Putin is taking over Ukraine because he thinks Biden is "weak" then what, pray tell, would Trump have done differently to stop him?
Putin took land during the 3 of the 4 prior presidential administrations. That was GWB, BHO, and JRB. Who's missing in that list? DJT is who. Putin took over no land during Trump's four years.
Only Trump was a one term President. You're saying if Trump had gotten reelected like the Russians wanted, they'd suddenly stop doing what they've long set out to do even though the US President is in their back pocket? How is that logical?

What are you worried about? Putin is giving you the higher gas prices and global communism you seek?
Russia isn't a communist country, in case you haven't woken up from the 80's.
Yeah, how is solar and wind energy working out for Western Europe right now? I guess you just have to feign being worried about it for political reasons.
You're the one whining about energy costs when the Progressive initiative puts us all on a path to free energy. You're the one feigning concern about gasoline going up a a few dimes, but only when that happens under a Democrat President.

And by the way, Obama never said Russia wasn't out political foe, he said Romney was wrong to call them our #1 foe, during a time when Al Quaida was clearly our #1 threat. This was also after Bush named North Korea among the "axis of evil" which triggered them to push for a Nuclear weapons program. Poking bears isn't a sport politicians need to be engaged in.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Please, Ajax, do you really think Putin fears and respects Trump? Just like my right-wing neighbors in their recent conversations about Ukraine, you view the situation as one where the stakes of internal American politics preoccupy absolutely everybody on the planet, including Putin.

My right-wing friend couldn't shut up over the weekend about how Putin's plan was to invade Ukraine precisely on President's day, just to stick it to Biden because he hates Biden. He couldn't quite bring himself to say (as Ajax has) that Putin fears and respects Trump so much that he wouldn't have dared do this during his watch.

He absolutely would have been doing it during Trump's watch, which would have been far preferable for him because Trump would be completely in his pocket. And his base would support that -- as Ajax said, it's just one communist killing an other, what do they care? This plan has been brewing for years. Whoever happens to be president of the United States right now barely matters, but it would be better for him to have Trump. Somebody who will support him while he regains enough of his former empire to once again rival the United States.

Biden is doing a decent job. The only real play we have is to make this as costly as possible for Putin. Let Ukraine be his Afghanistan.

But I'm curious, Ajax, oh, great prophet of inflation, how much money do you have invested in American oil stocks, or generally, any kind of materials? Because if you saw "Bidenflation" coming, If it's all so predictable based on who is in office, you should be retired in style from your investments. If not, if you have no investments congruent with your vast knowledge of economics, then you're an angry liar who interprets the economy in retrospect, however you feel like it that day to blame Democrats or to praise Trump.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:03 pm
Maybe this will give Biden the scapegoat he needs for the highest inflation in 40 years and soaring gasoline prices. Most voters are too stupid to realize it was Biden's policies that created this, not this Russian conflict and worthless sanctions. And if things get too bad for Dems in 2022 and 2024, I'm sure they can find another virus to justify cheat by mail voting and hold onto power no matter how unpopular their policies.
No scapegoat needed. As we've already demonstrated numerous times, inflation is only the "highest in 40 years" because the last 40 years has experienced record low inflation. Hell even 4% inflation would've been "highest in 40 years." Also, inflation is only happening because:

1. The economy is booming.
2. Consumer spending has skyrocketed (retail sales up 23% from 2019) well beyond what supply chains can keep up with.

Inflation isn't the boogeyman you want it to be. You folks on the Right had been whining about impending "hyperinflation" ever since Obama got elected, and the only reason we're experiencing inflation now is because Biden has dug us out of the Trump recession much faster than expected.
Last edited by K Graham on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

66go9m.jpg
66go9m.jpg (78.2 KiB) Viewed 616 times
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

No scapegoat needed. As we've already demonstrated numerous times, inflation is only the "highest in 40 years" because the last 40 years has experienced record low inflation. Hell even 4% inflation would've been "highest in 40 years."
This is Jimmy Carter 2.0
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

K Graham wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:11 pm
66go9m.jpg
Read the entire quote. Trump was not applauding Putin for taking Ukraine. He just recognized that Putin is a very clever capable head of state in contrast to the doddering old fool who can barely get on and off the stage under his own power.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Read the entire quote. Trump was not applauding Putin for taking Ukraine. He just recognized that Putin is a very clever capable head of state in contrast to the doddering old fool who can barely get on and off the stage under his own power.
OMG you cannot be serious. Of course he was applauding him. He dismissed his previous incursion into Crimea because he said Crimeans were part of Russia because they spoke the same language. That's how effing stupid this guy was. Regarding the recent invasion of Ukraine, Trump said we should do the same thing at our southern border. Meaning, send in the military under the false pretense of being a security force. When Bill O'Reilly called Putin a killer to his face, Trump brushed it off saying "what you think we're innocent"? Basically equating Putin's murder spree with America. In Trump's view, Putin is clearly a great leader because he cares nothing about rights or laws. He just does whatever the hell he wants. And Trump is a likeminded sociopath who cares about nothing except whatever benefits him financially. And being President was the greatest money making con he's ever done.

And Trump ate fast food, chain sucked on Sudafed and wore a diaper while playing golf every day during his four years in office. You have to be a special kind of stupid to think he's in better shape than Biden. Weird how you guys never had any complaints about Ronald Reagan, even when it became perfectly obvious he had literally lost his mind. You think Trump could ever keep up with Biden? Trump has never moved this fast in his life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_6uwT_h1LM
Last edited by K Graham on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:14 pm

OMG you cannot be serious. Of course he was applauding him. He dismissed his previous incursion into Crimea because he said Crimeans were part of Russia because they spoke the same language. That's how effing stupid this guy was. Regarding the recent invasion of Ukraine, Trump said we should do the same thing at our southern border. Meaning, send in the military under the false pretense of being a security force. When Bill O'Reilly called Putin a killer to his face, Trump brushed it off saying "what you think we're innocent"? Basically equating Putin's murder spree with America. In Trump's view, Putin is clearly a great leader because he cares nothing about rights or laws. He just does whatever the hell he wants. And Trump is a likeminded sociopath who cares about nothing except whatever benefits him financially. And being President was the greatest money making con he's ever done.
LMAO. MMMmmmmmmkay.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:29 pm
K Graham wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 pm

LMAO. MMMmmmmmmkay.
Right on cue, running interference for any and all criticisms of Trump. But you voted for Bernie. Because you're a centrist. In the middle. Who just happens to only criticize all things Left and jumps to defend any criticism of anything remotely Right.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Remind me again what Trump’s response was to 4 US troops being injured when their MaxxPro MRAP was intentionally rammed by a Russian Typhoon-K MRAP in 2020?

What was Trump’s response when intercepts of Russian jets off the Alaskan coast were drastically increasing? Or when Russian jets repeatedly buzzed within 100 ft in front of our B-52s?

These are just a few of the direct acts of aggression that were directly towards us, not some foreign country, or alliance.

This crap with Russia isn’t just because of Biden, or Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or… etc., etc. This is the result of decades of dysfunction. It’s because our enlightened self-interest hasn’t always been all that enlightened. It’s because we trade short-sighted “wins” for stable and sustained outcomes. It’s because we’re always just a few years away from a “just kidding, we’re now doing this” towards allies and aggressors.