Russian Invasion of Ukraine

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by DaveIsHere »

Everytime a Russian Mobiks gets dunked on, a US MIC gets their quota. Slava Unkrani!
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:35 pm
I love this man so much. Lord, I love a fighter. He has earned worldwide respect and rightfully so. He could have chosen privilege. He chose his country. That's a good, good, man right there.

Listen to Zelensky's message to Americans from the Oval Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-wNOSfeMME
I share your admiration for Zelensky. The contrast between him and Putin couldn't be starker. Zelensky is a true hero, and Putin is an outright despot and war criminal every bit as evil as Hitler. He fully deserves to be arrested and tried for that the minute he steps out of his own country, if not before. I hope his own people will find the courage and means to accomplish that, and that no country will grant him refuge should he ever manage to escape should his own people try to do so.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Has there been any recent activity in the Cedar City Oblast?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:25 pm
Has there been any recent activity in the Cedar City Oblast?
Well, William hasn't had a very good year due to Russia's military failures. Not one of his Tweets has come true. William has watched one Russian failure after another. In a Tweet a few days ago, William stated that this year, "has arguably been the most bizarre and demoralizing year of my sojourn here on planet Earth." https://Twitter.com/imetatronink/status ... vfuMwsAAAA

Also, William has spent a good portion of the year chasing kids off his lawn and trying to prevent housing developers building single family homes in Cedar City. You can tell it has been a very stressful year because William now looks like an 80 year old man with dementia.

William is pictured here telling the Cedar City Council to stay off his lawn:

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archi ... 6-On9XMJD8
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

W. Schryver's method for "judging truth" explains much. (The bolding is mine.)

Will Schryver
@imetatronink
·
Jul 20
Replying to @Jimmyjude13 and @salr_nyc

I started writing a lengthy answer to Jimmy's question, and then realized, for me at least, it is a fairly straightforward equation.

I judge truth on this basis:

- 24% intensive research

- 25% lifetime experience

- 51% instinct / discernment

This method has served me well.

https://Twitter.com/imetatronink/status ... OgoyZQRTjw
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Will Schryver
@imetatronink
·
I judge truth on this basis:

- 24% intensive research

- 25% lifetime experience

- 51% instinct/discernment

This method has served me well. Then I shout the "C" word and indicate to Mr. Putin that I have assumed the position.
Seems like he has added doing research since last he posted here.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Weird how his research and gut instinct has led to him being wrong on this issue 100% of the time.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:51 pm
Weird how his research and gut instinct has led to him being wrong on this issue 100% of the time.

- Doc
But it makes him feel good, which is the point. Mormonism and Right Wing politics is emotion driven.

I wonder what made this moron turn into a Russian apologist. He has tens of thousands of followers on Twitter but follows fewer than 200 and it looks like half of those accounts are Russian related.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:17 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:51 pm

- Doc
But it makes him feel good, which is the point. Mormonism and Right Wing politics is emotion driven.

I wonder what made this moron turn into a Russian apologist. He has tens of thousands of followers on Twitter but follows fewer than 200 and it looks like half of those accounts are Russian related.
The same reason ding dong in SP can’t stop crapping his diapers. Attention validates an ego which is stupid and insecure.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

General Flynn openly pushing disinfo:

https://Twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/stat ... 5573903360

Hrm. Good thing there was no collusion, otherwise we might think he’s in their pocket.

- Doc