Rapamycin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Rapamycin

Post by doubtingthomas »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:15 pm
60 in September.
Would you be willing to do a very risky therapy to get younger?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:44 am
Dr.
So no objections?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:52 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:44 am
Dr.
So no objections?
I already started them.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:17 pm
I already started them.
The guy follows the most up-to-date research. In his videos, the doctor goes over the new published research, and he does a good job in explaining how to interpret the data. His content is high quality, but hey, I was just trying to help you out. I thought you would find his content useful and you might really need Rapamycin in the near future.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:33 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:15 pm
60 in September.
Do you consider NAD+ infusions very risky?
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:00 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:17 pm
I already started them.
The guy follows the most up-to-date research. In his videos, the doctor goes over the new published research, and he does a good job in explaining how to interpret the data. His content is high quality, but hey, I was just trying to help you out. I thought you would find his content useful and you might really need Rapamycin in the near future.
Thanks for thinking of me, DT, but I'm not afraid of old age or dying. I've adopted some kind of mix of buddhist and Epicurean philosophy. Change is part of life, and that includes growing old and dying. If you're lucky, you'll be in the generation that sees the population of the planet stabilize and perhaps even fall. You get the chance to try and make the earth sustainable place for human life. The last thing the world needs is billions more people when population levels out -- that would make your challenge even harder.

I've consumed more than my share of resources in my life. The last thing I want to do is consume an extraordinary amount more trying to wring a year or two more out of my life. I'm at peace with that.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

There are numerous substances that prevent aging. Cyanide, arsenic, and strychnine are a handful that come to mind.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:43 pm
Thanks for thinking of me, DT, but I'm not afraid of old age or dying. I've adopted some kind of mix of buddhist and Epicurean philosophy. Change is part of life, and that includes growing old and dying. If you're lucky, you'll be in the generation that sees the population of the planet stabilize and perhaps even fall. You get the chance to try and make the earth sustainable place for human life. The last thing the world needs is billions more people when population levels out -- that would make your challenge even harder.

I've consumed more than my share of resources in my life. The last thing I want to do is consume an extraordinary amount more trying to wring a year or two more out of my life. I'm at peace with that.
Alright, can't argue against that. What matters is your happiness.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

High Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 am
probably, I have to do more research on that.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

High Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:33 pm

I don’t know if there’s any clinical evidence to support the following musing, but my initial aversion would be that it could throw some reductase enzymes out of whack, and cause a spike in NADPH. The anabolic aspects would certainly be beneficial (especially for things like muscle wasting that happen as we get old and crotchety), but tinkering with cholesterol synthesis when our arteries and tickers are on borrowed time seems counterproductive to longevity.

Whenever you tinker with one thing, there's always something rascally our bodies might do.