Rapamycin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Rapamycin

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:45 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 pm
There may be something to the research itself, but this guy screams scam artist.
The other guy is the CEO of a preclinical biotechnology company. His "fight aging" blog is simply an extra-reference.

Dr. Stanfield is a medical doctor with a lot of integrity, and you might benefit from watching his videos because he might help you live longer.
How do you know he has integrity? I know he has an Amazon page where he lists supplements he takes. If you buy them, he gets a commission. He has his own website where he lists all the supplements he says he takes, with links to sites to purchase them. He describes them as “affiliate links,” which indicates he gets a cut or is paid for clicks.

I don’t consider physicians who promote supplements in exchange for money to be of high integrity. I feel the same way about Docs who accept things of value from drug companies.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:44 am
How do you know he has integrity? I know he has an Amazon page where he lists supplements he takes. If you buy them, he gets a commission.
The guy just graduated from medical school, he doesn't have a big business with best selling books at Costco. Stanfield frequently reminds his audience that supplements won't replace a healthy diet.
Res Ipsa wrote:
I don’t consider physicians who promote supplements in exchange for money to be of high integrity.
Well, it is clear you didn't watch some of his videos. The guy stopped promoting many supplements when he did more research, and he has the balls to admit his mistakes.

The guy is not a salesman, most of his newer videos are bad news for the supplement fans. Stanfield is clearly becoming more skeptical of supplements.

The guy stopped taking metformin, NMN, Resveratrol, and many more supplements.

And even if that guy is just a salesman, it wouldn't matter because he always includes good references in his videos.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
He describes them as “affiliate links,” which indicates he gets a cut or is paid for clicks.
I doubt he is making a lot of money with that. The poor guy has to pay his student loans.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

The doctor is running out of time.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:08 pm
But Rapamycin is the most promising anti-aging drug.
for what it's worth, Metformin has shown more promise at increasing life expectancy than Rapamycin.

When compared with NAD+ and Metformin (as well as Sirtuin, and Resveratrol (who all remembers that "miracle" that all of the research said was a miracle, until... it wasn't), Rapamycin doesn't even earn a mention amongst the promising.
Niagen is an amazing infusion.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Why? Is it working for you?

I don't have to be too concerned about taking supplements now, but I do want to plan for the future.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:22 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Why? Is it working for you?

I don't have to be too concerned about taking supplements now, but I do want to plan for the future.
About 7 years ago I started taking 250mg per day, and the results were amazing for about a year. I ran out on vacation so picked some up at GNC, but the magic was gone. I again got it direct from the source, but the magic wouldn't come back. I still take 300mg/day. The best deal is to buy direct: https://www.truniagen.com/

Now I've done a 100mg injection and two 500mg infusions at Hydrate Alaska. A daily pill and monthly infusions keep me going.

The patent expires in 2024, which may lower the price some.

Choose the 🥩
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:54 pm

About 7 years ago I started taking 250mg per day, and the results were amazing for about a year. I ran out on vacation so picked some up at GNC, but the magic was gone. I again got it direct from the source, but the magic wouldn't come back. I still take 300mg/day. The best deal is to buy direct: https://www.truniagen.com/

Now I've done a 100mg injection and two 500mg infusions at Hydrate Alaska. A daily pill and monthly infusions keep me going.

How old are you?
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:03 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:54 pm

How old are you?
60 in September.

Choose the 🥩
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:15 pm
60 in September.
I see. I heard some good things about Niagen. Thanks for sharing.

You should watch Dr. Stanfield.