Rapamycin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Rapamycin

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 pm

There may be something to the research itself, but this guy screams scam artist.
Back in April, he did a video with Dr. Charles Brenner. It's a long video, but Brenner is a renowned researcher who received a grant from the Gates Foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJANSp7HhGw
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:54 pm
There are numerous substances that prevent aging. Cyanide, arsenic, and strychnine are a handful that come to mind.
The side effects are a bugger
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:21 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

There may be something to the research itself, but this guy screams scam artist.
Back in April, he did a video with Dr. Charles Brenner. It's a long video, but Brenner is a renowned researcher who received a grant from the Gates Foundation.

Did you watch the video? What does Dr Charles Brenner think of Rapamycin?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:28 am
doubtingthomas wrote:

Did you watch the video? What does Dr Charles Brenner think of Rapamycin?
Did you like it?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:35 pm
Did you like it?
Not that great. Too long with distractions and meaningless disagreements, but I asked if you watched it, since Brenner did seem a little negative on rapamycin, and certainly with resveratrol.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:56 pm
Not that great. Too long with distractions and meaningless disagreements, but I asked if you watched it, since Brenner did seem a little negative on rapamycin, and certainly with resveratrol.
Yes, resveratrol isn't that great.

I simply wanted to point out that Standfield is not a scam artist.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:49 am
Yes, resveratrol isn't that great.

I simply wanted to point out that Standfield is not a scam artist.
Sure he is a family doctor with an interest in longevity. He is not an expert in these areas, and I don't know that he has suggested he is. I tend to be even more cautious with non-experts and seek information/research from as many relevant experts I can find.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:47 am
Sure he is a family doctor with an interest in longevity. He is not an expert in these areas, and I don't know that he has suggested he is. I tend to be even more cautious with non-experts and seek information/research from as many relevant experts I can find.
Standfield doesn't claim anything, he simply reads new studies on longevity.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Stanfield =/= "Reason"