January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Dr Exiled »

Bobby Engle, the secret service agent there, will testify that Hutchinson's story isn't true. And Anthony Ornate will testify that he never told Hutchinson what she claims happened.

This is according to this reporting: https://www.dailywire.com/news/testimon ... et-service

Looks like someone or more didn't do a thorough investigation of Hutchinson prior to rushing her out there if her story doesn't hold and it looks like it won't.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

When it was alleged that Amber Heard actually defecated in the bed, the story, witness and topic were cross examined. Scrutiny led to clarity.

This situation with Trump going Ninja on the Secret Service and getting his Grand Theft Auto on was quite the story from Hutchinson.

Without rebuttal witnesses and cross examination I am sure it will be fine. But on cross, I am sure we will find out that the Secret Service tased the President as he was mounting two draft horses at once and leaping over the White House fence to get to the Capital on time.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am
Bobby Engle, the secret service agent there, will testify that Hutchinson's story isn't true. And Anthony Ornate will testify that he never told Hutchinson what she claims happened.

This is according to this reporting: https://www.dailywire.com/news/testimon ... et-service

Looks like someone or more didn't do a thorough investigation of Hutchinson prior to rushing her out there if her story doesn't hold and it looks like it won't.
That's ridiculous. The incident in question is something she even admitted was hearsay. If the agent in question denies it happened, that says absolutely nothing about her credibility on the more important details in which she provided first hand accounts. She is obviously a highly credible source who was in a position to know a lot, and she had nothing to gain by coming forward with her testimony and everything to lose. She went so far up the Republican ranks at such a young age and now all of that is gone out the window all because she testified under oath against Trump's wishes.

But first let's hear what the SS has to say because all we know is what FOX News is alleging they're going to say. This is the same outlet which for more than a year has told us Jan 6 was an inside job by the FBI and that the rioters weren't even armed.
Last edited by Vēritās on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:50 pm
When it was alleged that Amber Heard actually defecated in the bed, the story, witness and topic were cross examined. Scrutiny led to clarity.

This situation with Trump going Ninja on the Secret Service and getting his Grand Theft Auto on was quite the story from Hutchinson.

Without rebuttal witnesses and cross examination I am sure it will be fine. But on cross, I am sure we will find out that the Secret Service tased the President as he was mounting two draft horses at once and leaping over the White House fence to get to the Capital on time.
Dumb comparison. Depp's account was first hand, and it was only his opinion that the feces was human, and he stated as much. Hutchinson's account is hearsay, by her own admission.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:10 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Dumb comparison. Depp's account was first hand, and it was only his opinion that the feces was human, and he stated as much. Hutchinson's account is hearsay, by her own admission.
Close. Depp was sorta first hand. His butler/housekeeper discovered that Amber had shat right there and he sent a picture of her art to Depp.

Since Hutchinson's account is all hearsay, I am sure they can just skip over the cross and rebuttal witnesses because it will not be necessary since hearsay is not really allowed anyways.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

(CNN)Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified during a congressional hearing Tuesday that she was told that former President Donald Trump became "irate" when informed by security that he would not be going to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, because the situation was not secure.

And she testified that she heard a secondhand account of how Trump was so enraged at his Secret Service detail for blocking him from going to the Capitol that he lunged to the front of his vehicle and tried to turn the wheel.

Tony Ornato, then-White House deputy chief of staff, told Hutchinson that Robert Engel, who was the Secret Service agent in charge on January 6, 2021, repeatedly told Trump on their way back to the White House after Trump's Ellipse speech that it wasn't safe to go to the Capitol, she said.

According to Hutchinson, Ornato recounted Trump screaming, "I'm the f**king President. Take me up to the Capitol now." Trump then "reached up toward the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel," Hutchinson remembered learning. She added that, according to Ornato, the former President used his other hand to "lunge" at Engel.

Engel and Ornato have both testified to the committee behind closed doors, but their statements were not used in Tuesday's hearing.

After the testimony, a Secret Service official familiar with the matter told CNN that Ornato denies telling Hutchinson that the former President grabbed the wheel or an agent on his detail.

The Secret Service, through the Department of Homeland Security office of legislative affairs, notified the committee Tuesday afternoon that it will make the agents involved available to testify under oath, the official said. The agents are also prepared to say under oath that the incident itself did not occur.

The lead agent, Engel, previously testified before the committee and described the interactions with Trump on January 6, including the former President's desire to travel to the Capitol, but Engel was not asked about an altercation or being assaulted, the official said.

Asked about the Secret Service disputing the testimony, a committee spokesman said, "The committee trusts the creditability of a witness who is willing to testify under oath and in public but is also willing to hear any and all information that others may have that would aid in their investigation."

Hutchinson's lawyer also challenged the Secret Service agents to testify under oath.

"Ms. Hutchinson testified, under oath, and recounted what she was told. Those with knowledge of the episode also should testify under oath," said attorney Jody Hunt in a Twitter post.

Trump denied key elements of Hutchinson's testimony on Truth Social.

"Her Fake story that I tried to grab the steering wheel of the White House Limousine in order to steer it to the Capitol Building is 'sick' and fraudulent," Trump wrote.

"Wouldn't even have been possible to do such a ridiculous thing," he added.

Secret Service chief of communications Anthony Guglielmi told CNN that "the United States Secret Service has been cooperating with the Select Committee since its inception in spring 2021, and will continue to do so, including by responding on the record to the Committee regarding the new allegations surfaced in today's testimony."

Former Trump aides vouch for credibility of bombshell Jan. 6 witness: 'I don't think she's lying'
Several former Trump administration officials vouched for the credibility of Jan. 6 committee witness Cassidy Hutchinson, who dropped several bombshell revelations during her testimony Tuesday.

Hutchinson, a former aide to former President Donald Trump's final White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, told lawmakers that Trump requested that Jan. 6 rallygoers be allowed to keep their firearms, grabbed the steering wheel of the presidential limo when he was told he couldn't join the protesters at the Capitol, and hurled his lunch against the wall in anger when former Attorney General William Barr publicly contradicted Trump's stolen election claims.

"This is explosive stuff," tweeted Mick Mulvaney, who was Trump's acting chief of staff before Meadows took the job. "If Cassidy is making this up," the aides and agents involved "will need to say that. If she isn't they will have to corroborate. I know her. I don't think she is lying,"

Former White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham, previously chief of staff to then-first lady Melania Trump, posted that she was "proud of Cassidy and all who have chosen to stand up for the truth."

Former White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews also weighed in. "Anyone downplaying Cassidy Hutchinson's role or her access in the West Wing either doesn't understand how the Trump White House worked or is attempting to discredit her because they're scared of how damning this testimony is," she tweeted.
-
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:07 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am

That's ridiculous. The incident in question is something she even admitted was hearsay. If the agent in question denies it happened, that says absolutely nothing about her credibility on the more important details in which she provided first hand accounts. She is obviously a highly credible source who was in a position to know a lot, and she had nothing to gain by coming forward with her testimony and everything to lose. She went so far up the Republican ranks at such a young age and now all of that is gone out the window all because she testified under oath against Trump's wishes.

But first let's hear what the SS has to say because all we know is what FOX News is alleging they're going to say. This is the same outlet which for more than a year has told us Jan 6 was an inside job by the FBI and that the rioters weren't even armed.
It's not just Fox News ...... NBC and ABC are reporting on Twitter that Engle and Ornate won't be backing Hutchinson's story. https://adnamerica.com/en/united-states ... ources-say

We'll see, though, when they testify
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Hutchinson also testified that Trump didn't want the rally attendees to be disarmed by the Secret Service.

Trump wanted his mob to be armed when they attacked the Capitol.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 pm
Vēritās wrote:

It's not just Fox News ...... NBC and ABC are reporting on Twitter that Engle and Ornate won't be backing Hutchinson's story. https://adnamerica.com/en/united-states ... ources-say

Dr. Exiled, does any of this matter? Allow me to explain, please.

Hutchison may be telling the truth. She may be sharing hearsay that is actually valid and true. She may have written the note, she may have written another note. She may be manipulated and she may be manipulating. She may be Jussie Smollett Jr.

I can allow for any possibility if the process is legitimate.

If the process is cut short and if it is not legitimate, the players in the events are less relevant in whole and we are, in effect, putting our process on trial. The Making of a Murderer is not interesting just because of Steven Avery, it is interesting because the process was inspected and it put the entire system on watch. The same can be said about Echols, Misskelley Jr. and Baldwin and the courts that heard their case and their appeals.

No matter what you think of Hutchison or Engle - it does not matter if we destroy the process to get to an end, EVEN IF THAT END IS THE TRUTH. Yes, confirmed, I am shouting. I am fine with the truth. I am fine with a loss. I am not fine with a sham that could put Echols, Misskelley Jr. and Baldwin in prison and on death row to appease the mob.

Shades says, "be careful what you wish for." Victory may come. Likely it will. If that wished victory comes at the expense of the process we have to be careful because we may get our wish.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 pm
Vēritās wrote:

True, we'll see. FOX was the first to report it last night and they're taking it for granted that rumor about what someone might testify to is true over someone who already testified under oath. Worse case scenario it ends up being a he said/she said situation if in fact Ornato denies telling her that story.