January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:06 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:38 am

What do we look like? Your personal Google?
Ah, Ray Epps. The Trump supporter who the right wing conspiracy machine completely threw under the bus. They completely ruined this Trump supporter's life to promote the lie that he incited the riot on behalf of the FBI. Truly a shameful incident that should result in a full investigation of those who spread the lie that ruined this man's life.
Exactly
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021 -- after oversight officials asked for them, watchdog says
https://www.kten.com/story/46877744/sec ... chdog-says
… the Department [of Homeland Security] notified us that many US Secret Service text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, were erased as part of a device-replacement program. The USSS erased those text messages after OIG requested records of electronic communications from the USSS, as part of our evaluation of events at the Capitol on January 6
The USSS also destroyed the equipment that stored those messages. Totally not tampering with evidence at all.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:51 am
The USSS also destroyed the equipment that stored those messages. Totally not tampering with evidence at all.

- Doc
If there's a Deep State™, it's made of Trump's sickening sycophants.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I have been wracking my brain trying to think of a logical reason for the destruction of this evidence. The only thing I can think of is that there was a total disconnect between those doing the technology conversion and those in charge of preserving evidence. But knowing what the stakes were concerning the evidence on January 6th, in the words of Ricky Riccardo, they got some 'splainin' to do.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:01 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Exactly. And now we have corroboration of Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony about Trump's fight with his driver.

This, after Trump and two secret servicemen allegedly denied it happened.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:01 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
It is sad that Trump had a corrupting influence on the Secret Service. Reminds me of Sauron turning captured Elves into Orcs and Saruman imitating him and cross-breeding humans and orcs into the Uruk-hai.

Most likely the Secret Service sought to cover up the full story of wanting to remove Pence from the Capital so he could not complete the election certification.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

From CNN
The Department of Homeland Security inspector general on Friday briefed all nine members of the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack about the Secret Service erasing text messages from the day of the riot and the day before.

The inspector general, Joseph Cuffari, met with the committee behind closed doors two days after sending a letter to lawmakers informing them that the text messages were erased after the watchdog agency asked for records related to its electronic communications as part of its ongoing investigation around the Capitol attack....

Cuffari told the committee that the Secret Service did not conduct its own after-action review regarding January 6 and chose to rely on the inspector general investigation, according to a source familiar with the briefing. The inspector general told the committee that the Secret Service has not been fully cooperative with his probe.

Cuffari's description left the impression that the Secret Service had been "footdragging," the source said. The inspector general told the committee they were not getting full access to personnel and records.

Cuffari said he brought the issue to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas more than once and was told to keep trying to get the information. Ultimately, Cuffari decided to go to Congress because he could not get anywhere within DHS with his concerns.

Separately, a law enforcement official told CNN about Cuffari going to Mayorkas.
A lot of the details are yet to be fleshed out, but you begin to understand why Mike Pence said he didn't want to get into that car.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Secret Service was one agency I once thought was beyond reproach. Now they are lying between their teeth and erasing documents for reasons of concealing their wrongdoing. The corruption of Trump has blemished this agency. A housecleaning of the Secret Service is needed. Criminal behavior of this sort needs to be removed and remedied.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:42 am
The Secret Service was one agency I once thought was beyond reproach. Now they are lying between their teeth and erasing documents for reasons of concealing their wrongdoing. The corruption of Trump has blemished this agency. A housecleaning of the Secret Service is needed. Criminal behavior of this sort needs to be removed and remedied.
As Some Schmo said:
The same is true about Trump's claim that the 2020 election was rigged. Any real attempt to rig the election was all the doing of Trump and his disgusting sycophants, and no one else! To make things even worse, many Republican pols make no real effort to conceal the fact that their goal is to rig things so that Republican controlled legislatures (but only Republican controlled legislatures) can actually legally overturn any future election results they don't like, no matter what the overwhelming majority of the electorate voted for.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

There has been some talk from Trump insiders that the blame will be shifted to Mark Meadows whom Trump does not know.