January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:32 pm
This can be a new distraction, after starting in on and then abandoning your pretense about the J6 being a ‘kangaroo court’.
January 6th was a shitshow. The kangaroo court show presented by the J6 committee was a kangaroo court show.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:03 pm
The new whining about a price to be paid is merely an extension of the same lie, by the same folks.
Sounds like the right wing has adopted the attitude of a crime family: we're going to do illegal crap, and if you try to call us on it, you will pay the price.

Geez, I wonder why the country is divided. It couldn't possibly be all those lying, irresponsible, criminal right wingers trying to install an authoritarian and murder our democracy, could it?

If the country wasn't divided, I'd have no regard for humanity. The fact that we're divided makes me realize there are still sane people in this country. If my neighbor started crapping all over my yard, I'd be "divided" from him too. I don't try to appease the damned insane. This country used to say we don't negotiate with terrorists, but clearly, that idea is gone now that most of the terrorists are domestic.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:49 pm
So, it is your position that there was not a batch of ballots counted after dark …
After dark!! … when nearly all ballots were counted. OMG!

that was disproportionately for a candidate,
… because all vote counts from all sources and areas must be equal, or there’s f-f-FRAUD!!1!, right?

… including batches that were up to 99.7% for Biden? That position is noted.
Write it down.

Anyhow, what would have been great for the process that you are concerned about, would have been for the folks that believed in this conspiracy to have actually built some kind of case to present to the public, or the courts, or … anyone. Instead, they just stomped their feet, shouted their claims, and a couple of months later, crashed the Capitol.

It’s too bad that some folks can’t accept the consequences of fomenting distrust, pushing lies, and ceding responsibility to anger and destruction, rather than doing the thing that would support the process.

Because, they are concerned - as you are - about the process … right? ; )

Someone may believe they are reading a real thread with a real conversation, but, it is not actually real.
And it doesn’t reflect any real concern by you for ‘the process’, either.

As for your suggestion of starting a thread. I selectively post because my posts are selectively permitted. Isn't that something, panny?
It is indeed ‘something’. It is something that reflects your behavior and actions on this forum. Are you wanting to blame that on someone else? Blaming others for one’s own behavior is all the rage for Team MAGA.

I can get a membership card sent out to you, for $50. Permission to access your checking account, again?

Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:18 pm

It’s too bad that some folks can’t accept the consequences of fomenting distrust, pushing lies, and ceding responsibility to anger and destruction, rather than doing the thing that would support the process.

I don't think you want to have a contest about ceding responsibility to anger and destruction. I think you call that whataboutism.

Maybe you could call my comments a concern about the process. Maybe. Fair enough. Perhaps a better description would be that I am sharing my observations of the process. As I have said for some time, I am out of the game. I have accepted the terms and conditions that apply for voting in my state. I am not raging against it. I am not protesting against the terms and conditions. I am accepting them. The terms in my state allow for drop boxes and vote by mail. I accept. I agree. Have elections without me.

Maybe my position on standing and laches could be described as a concern and maybe it is just an observation. My observation is that standing preceded laches in most cases involving election litigation. Observation. I accept those decisions and conditions. And with that, "g'bye, see ya." There is no fomenting, and no push and nothing ceded. Just checking out. I am not asking anyone to join me. That was a decision that works for me. I don't recommend that anyone vouch for financial statements they do not trust if the process of verification does not meet their standards. I will not vouch for the representation within a republic if the process does not meet my standards. Doesn't mean I don't like the republic or democracy, just means that I am not vouching for the process with my participation. No big deal.

But this thing..... accepting consequences.... have you considered addressing that with Schmo? I mean, implying that there is a consequence sounds threatening, right? It is almost like there is a price to accept for what was done. Kinda sounds like that. Like having a kangaroo court during prime time may have an unintended consequence or something. Seems bad.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:10 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:32 pm
This can be a new distraction, after starting in on and then abandoning your pretense about the J6 being a ‘kangaroo court’.
January 6th was a shitshow. The kangaroo court show presented by the J6 committee was a kangaroo court show.
I love it when people who refuse to watch the hearings insist on passing judgment about what they are.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:39 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:18 pm

I don't think you want to have a contest about ceding responsibility to anger and destruction. I think you call that whataboutism.

Only if you make it an episode of whataboutism by introducing something other than the events of J6.

In this discussion, what happened on J6 was about about ceding responsibility to anger and destruction.

The J6 committee is a consequence that arises out of another group’s ceding responsibility to anger and destruction.

You seem concerned that folks are looking into that.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:39 pm
Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:39 pm

Only if you make it an episode of whataboutism by introducing something other than the events of J6.

In this discussion, what happened on J6 was about about ceding responsibility to anger and destruction.

The J6 committee is a consequence that arises out of another group’s ceding responsibility to anger and destruction.

Nah. Nope.

Anger and destruction happened. You got it. How we look at into that anger and destruction matters, buddy.

There will be a lot more anger and destruction in reaction to anger and destruction. Just like there will be a lot more demolition of the process in reaction to demolition of the process. Just like there will be more aggression in reaction to BS.

It’s all pretty pretty simple frankly. Its a contest to piss people off and then make the most awesome claim that the reaction is not our fault.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Yeah, the J6 Committee, as it is being called, is not a kangaroo court. It is a committee to investigate what happened at the Capitol on January 6. The fact that it is not staffed by people who belong to the cult of Trump is not concerning in the least. If those on the Committee and those testifying before the Committee were all Democrats, that would be one thing. The fact that most of the facts are coming out of the lips of people who worked for the Trump administration at the highest levels tells you that what you are seeing is probably on the money.

Now it is up to the Merrick Garland of the DoJ to indict Trump for the crimes he committed. Among those crimes should be found the attempted murder of Mike Pence. Trump knew Pence was in danger, and not only did he not lift a finger to help his VP, he even stoked the mob storming the Capitol to greater anger against Pence at the very time Pence was in the greatest peril. Trump should spend the rest of his days in federal prison.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 pm
Now it is up to the Merrick Garland of the DoJ to indict Trump for the crimes he committed.
eh, voila. And therein lies the kangaroo nature of this kangaroo court. We definitely agree that it is in the hands of Garland. The rest - theater and an Australasian Marsupial Zoo. No big deal. Just setting precedent for the next big show.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:39 pm

Nah. Nope.

Anger and destruction happened. You got it. How we look at into that anger and destruction matters, buddy.

There will be a lot more anger and destruction in reaction to anger and destruction. Just like there will be a lot more demolition of the process in reaction to demolition of the process. Just like there will be more aggression in reaction to BS.

It’s all pretty pretty simple frankly. Its a contest to piss people off and then make the most awesome claim that the reaction is not our fault.
Same as before.

There will always be folks like yourself who dismiss anger and destruction when it suits you, while promising more anger and destruction if anyone questions it.

The world is full of folks who have little or no moral standing for their own actions and little or no ability to explain why they commit those actions. This will never change. Best thing to do is to shine a light on them, and their actions.