January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by MeDotOrg »

Surprise meeting of the January 6th Committee tomorrow. This is after everyone left for recess. We shall see...
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

The current testimony by Cassidy Hutchinson is pretty damning. Trump was fully aware members of his crowd were armed and wearing bullet proof vests yet still pushed for a march to the Capitol. He even wanted these people to be let into his rally, who were not because of Secret Service metal detectors, saying "They aren't here to hurt me." Who are they here to hurt Mr. Trump? :?:
Last edited by Kukulkan on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Wow. He got into a physical altercation with one of his own SS agents in a car because the SS agent would not drive him to the Capitol due to security concerns. Jesus Christ.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kukulkan wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm
The current testimony by Cassidy Hutchinson is pretty damning. Trump was fully aware members of his crowd were armed and wearing bullet proof vests yet still pushed for a march to the Capitol. He even wanted these people to be let into his rally, who were not because of Secret Service metal detectors, saying "They aren't here to hurt me." Who are they here to hurt Mr. Trump? :?:
Very convincing testimony that shows that Trump intended to lead an armed mob to the House Chamber to threaten/intimidate Pence and/or the Reps into violating the Constitution. In a sane America, he'd never hold a government office of any kind again.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Trump wanted to get rid of the magnetometers so that armed people could be near the stage and make the crowd look bigger.

1. Do not confiscate the weapons of protesters marching to the Capitol.
2. They are not here to hurt me.

As says in the book of Matthew: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I promised myself I wouldn't read the posts here before listening to the hearing in it's entirety. I failed. Holy cats. :o I can't wait to listen to it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:28 pm
I promised myself I wouldn't read the posts here before listening to the hearing in it's entirety. I failed. Holy cats. :o I can't wait to listen to it!
You are in for a show. That is for sure.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

C4utY7SWcAAHmDa.jpg
C4utY7SWcAAHmDa.jpg (69.93 KiB) Viewed 623 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kukulkan wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:28 pm
You are in for a show. That is for sure.
Just starting it now from the beginning.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I seem to have missed "Lunging at a law enforcement officer" on my "Pro-cop all the way" agenda notes.

Mulvaney (although modestly hedged) has backed up Hutchinson's character.

The Less Cool Truth Social