January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:59 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 pm
The roster of expert investigators for Team Trump seems to include some interesting folks.
The misdeeds of the MAGA troopers will continue. Trump stirred up their longing for a fascist dictatorship and their craving will continue.
The theory behind this conspiracy deserves an explanation.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:04 am
I wonder if Trump now wishes he had chosen the military coup option rather than the voter fraud scheme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MKYjr42Fo
I have very little doubt that he does indeed now wish he had chosen that option and am becoming increasingly fearful that because the voter fraud scheme failed them in 2020, he and his MAGA minions have only become more strongly inclined than ever before to pursue that option -- perhaps even as soon as the coming mid-term election if they conclude that they can't otherwise win. In the meantime, they will continue to pursue enacting laws to make it legal for GOP controlled state legislatures to arbitrarily overturn popular election results they don't like, regardless of what the majority of the popular electorate voted for.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Related:

https://apnews.com/article/elections-pr ... 9d6c4cb8d5

Summary for Dr. Shades:
A jury on Tuesday convicted two men of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2020, delivering swift verdicts in a plot that was broken up by the FBI and described as a rallying cry for a U.S. civil war by anti-government extremists.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:45 pm
Related:

Summary for Dr. Shades:
A jury on Tuesday convicted two men of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2020, delivering swift verdicts in a plot that was broken up by the FBI and described as a rallying cry for a U.S. civil war by anti-government extremists.
- Doc
Broken up by the FBI? Or organized by the FBI?

Jesus. F. Christ.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Related:

Summary for Dr. Shades:
- Doc
"As another example, the sting they did involving Gretchen Whitmer was fake. Just like those who instigated January 6. It was a fake deal. Fake. It was a fake deal… Gretchen Whitmer was in less danger than the people sitting in this room right now."

~Donald Trump at CPAC

ETA:
Apparently, Fox expressed his worries to his former employer that the US was becoming a Communist country, and Democrats were going to take away his guns. Shocker.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 pm

"As another example, the sting they did involving Gretchen Whitmer was fake. Just like those who instigated January 6. It was a fake deal. Fake. It was a fake deal… Gretchen Whitmer was in less danger than the people sitting in this room right now."

~Donald Trump at CPAC
Isn't that the testimony of the FBI? That Gretchen was never in danger and that these assclowns were working for the FBI as informants?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:16 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 pm

~Donald Trump at CPAC
Isn't that the testimony of the FBI? That Gretchen was never in danger and that these assclowns were working for the FBI as informants?
I think the FBI has admitted to 5 informants amongst the 20(ish) plotters. I can't really figure out who the other players were, and why they weren't charged. There's the 6 charged by feds, and then another 7 by the state, but that leaves quite a few people out. Maybe all the others were all bluster, and no guns/explosives/training, etc.? Or they were too busy playing CoD in their grandma's basement to play a role big enough to warrant prosecution.

I think them (seeming to be, to me at least) a bunch of bumbling numbnuts adds a level of danger in itself. The plan was solely a kidnapping (with no planned violence or harm intended during said kidnapping), but when idjits are playing with shrapnel-laden IEDs, and buying bulk explosives to demo bridges... well, someone's going to shoot someone's eye out.

Some of them (especially Croft) seem like a tornado of guns and idiocy looking for grievances, and targets. If I recall correctly, Trump even ended up on his hitlist.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:29 pm
Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:16 pm

I think the FBI has admitted to 5 informants amongst the 20(ish) plotters.
All fair and reasonable.

I did not read or listen to the entirety of both trials.

I don't think anyone is arguing that these ding dongs were dumb suckers, at best. Most likely, they were nefarious criminals. The issue was always the sequence and role of the FBI and the informants, which, were approximately 5 of the 20 and they may have been the leaders.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:37 pm
All fair and reasonable.

I did not read or listen to the entirety of both trials.

I don't think anyone is arguing that these ding dongs were dumb suckers, at best. Most likely, they were nefarious criminals. The issue was always the sequence and role of the FBI and the informants, which, were approximately 5 of the 20 and they may have been the leaders.
Upon looking a bit more, the defense claimed that there were at least 12 informants. That kind of begs the question though of why would informants be getting indicted/tried (trialed? No idea what the right term is, lol). It appears that 3-or-so were definitely imbedded agents.

I think it does kind of pose an ethical pretzel of sorts. Would these dudes have been part of a plot, if it hadn't been for the roll the informants played? But, is the mere fact that they were willing to join in on a plot enough to warrant nipping it in the bud?

There seems to be an element of entrapment in it -- but at the same time, these dudes seemed primed to join in on someone's little revolution crusade. Sort of a Minority Report... but dumb.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:00 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Related:

Summary for Dr. Shades:

- Doc
Broken up by the FBI? Or organized by the FBI?

Jesus. F. Christ.
Reading the article before a hot take might help with deets:
The investigation began when Army veteran Dan Chappel joined a Michigan paramilitary group and became alarmed when he heard talk about killing police. He agreed to become an FBI informant and spent the summer of 2020 getting close to Fox and others, secretly recording conversations and participating in drills at “shoot houses” in Wisconsin and Michigan.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.