January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by MeDotOrg »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:53 pm
As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is. It's impossible for a conservative to get a fair trial in 99% Democrat Washington D.C. The only people who are butthurt are abortionists upset that they can't screw around and kill any problem children that might result.
Evidence is evidence. If a court refuses to entertain valid evidence, then that court is not following a quest for the truth. What are the FACTS that PROVE the election was stolen are being ignored or not given proper consideration? And let's expand that question to include not only the Courts in D.C., but also Courts in Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, et al. Please tell me the facts of fraud that are being ignored.

For example, what facts can you provide to support your assertion that butthurt abortionists are the only people who are upset?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:

As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is. It's impossible for a conservative to get a fair trial in 99% Democrat Washington D.C.

A reminder - as of December 2020, nine judges either appointed by Trump or on his Supreme Court shortlists have declined to bolster his election fraud claims, or declined to rule favorably on Trump’s - or his cronies - election lawsuits. A number more, appointed by other Republicans, have done the same.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
LOL! Courts aren't going to go along with your revenge fantasies. There massive request for pardons you imagine won't happen because there is no reason to expect an actual conspiracy to overturn the results of an election. You Trumpers have had a couple years to come forward with any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. You've provided lots of bluff and bluster, but no evidence. You're just butthurt because the actual evidence of criminal conspiracy is the one to overturn the election perpetrated by Trump and his sycophants. Butthurt buys you zero in court, as shown by the results of 60 plus cases filed over nothing but butthurt.
As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is. It's impossible for a conservative to get a fair trial in 99% Democrat Washington D.C. The only people who are butthurt are abortionists upset that they can't screw around and kill any problem children that might result.

But you won't see any special congressional counsels on 2020 George Floyd riots that left way more people dead and were based on the lie that police are out hunting down and killing people just because they're black. Why? Because we have a very partisan political justice system that promotes discrimination and dehumanization based upon political party.
More butthurt and goldfishing. And massive projection.

You are the biggest dehumanizer here, which makes you the guy in the glass house throwing stones.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Hawkeye wrote:
As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is.
Excellent point. If Rudy Guiliani were to get off the plane and defecate at the Provo Municipal Airport, it would be legally enshrined and other planes would have to taxi around it.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:58 pm
Manetho wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:16 pm
Apparently a lot of the coverage of the latest hearing is hung up on the unimportant detail of whether Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of his vehicle. So, a reminder of the key findings:

1. Trump objected to the Secret Service disarming the attendees at the rally at the Ellipse, saying, "They're not here to hurt me."

2. Trump wanted to go with them as they marched to the capitol.

3. When told that the crowd attacking the capitol was chanting "Hang Mike Pence!", Trump said "maybe he deserves it."

4. Trump's post-presidency entourage is sending messages to potential witnesses for the January 6 committee, trying to ensure their loyalty.

The president of the United States tried to lead an armed mob to the capitol to terrorize Congress and the vice-president into overturning his election loss, and his gang is committing witness tampering while trying to cover it up.
Which reminds me of what beau had to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1soNwtQ-M

He points out that the only thing Trump has denied are the irrelevant things that hurt his mage. None of the allegations of illegality were even challenged.
I'm sure the Jack Posobiecs of the world and the gullible MAGAts who follow them and credulously swallow their disinformation will be coming on here any minute now to apologize for smearing and defaming Hutchinson. Right?
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics ... index.html
Then-President Donald Trump angrily demanded to go to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and berated his protective detail when he didn't get his way, according to two Secret Service sources who say they heard about the incident from multiple agents, including the driver of the presidential SUV where it occurred.

The sources tell CNN that stories circulated about the incident -- including details that are similar to how former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson described it to the House select committee investigating January 6 -- in the months immediately afterward the US Capitol attack and before she testified this week.
While the details from those who heard the accounts differ, the Secret Service sources say they were told an angry confrontation did occur. And their accounts align with significant parts of Hutchinson's testimony, which has been attacked as hearsay by Trump and his allies who also have tried to discredit her overall testimony.
Like Hutchinson, one source, a longtime Secret Service employee, told CNN that the agents relaying the story described Trump as "demanding" and that the former President said something similar to: "I'm the f**king President of the United States, you can't tell me what to do." The source said he originally heard that kind of language was used shortly after the incident.
"He had sort of lunged forward -- it was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don't know," the source said. "Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat -- for what reason, nobody had any idea."
The employee said he'd heard about the incident multiple times as far back as February 2021 from other agents, including some who were part of the presidential protective detail during that time period but none of whom were involved in the incident.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, when are the two agents going to testify under oath that she lied or passed along faulty hearsay?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 pm
So, when are the two agents going to testify under oath that she lied or passed along faulty hearsay?

- Doc
Secret Service agents committing perjury under oath would demonstrate the corrupting influence of Trump.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Here's a statement from Trump about Hutchinson:

It is always amazing that a man who prides himself with hiring the best people always claims to be surrounded by incompetence.

And "the kids say she's a 10", but you, with completely honesty, rate her as a 6.

I think it's been pretty well documented that anyone who brings Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke has a serious defect of character and cannot be trusted to be truthful. Or maybe it proves that she just isn't loyal. In any case, it proves you shouldn't listen to her. And the fact that she is a 6 drives the point home. Everyone knows you can't trust a 6.

In debate this is called poisoning the well. Don't debate the allegation, dismiss the source of the allegation. And it's also an example of what is sometimes called 'chaff and redirect'. You're throwing smoke to hide your path and trying to draw attention to something or someone else.

Going after an aide like this is desperate and pathetic.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This is what Trump really thinks of his MAGgots:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:46 pm
Going after an aide like this is desperate and pathetic.
It's also, um, ungentlemanly. This is a man who despises women.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.