January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am
Bobby Engle, the secret service agent there, will testify that Hutchinson's story isn't true. And Anthony Ornate will testify that he never told Hutchinson what she claims happened.

This is according to this reporting: https://www.dailywire.com/news/testimon ... et-service

Looks like someone or more didn't do a thorough investigation of Hutchinson prior to rushing her out there if her story doesn't hold and it looks like it won't.
Who is the the source of this information?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Bobby Engle, the secret service agent there, will testify that Hutchinson's story isn't true. And Anthony Ornate will testify that he never told Hutchinson what she claims happened.

This is according to this reporting: https://www.dailywire.com/news/testimon ... et-service

Looks like someone or more didn't do a thorough investigation of Hutchinson prior to rushing her out there if her story doesn't hold and it looks like it won't.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just something floated out there from Trumpland. I'll believe it when I see it.

For me it doesn't make much sense for her to lie about this. I mean she likely knew these two guys were already questioned by the committee, and would likely be asked to corroborate her testimony. If it is all a lie, why would she open herself up to something like this over something that was just hearsay anyway? Yeah, it is embarrassing that the President pitched a fit while riding in the back seat of his limo, but that's hardly criminal or impeachment worthy stuff.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:42 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just something floated out there from Trumpland. I'll believe it when I see it.

For me it doesn't make much sense for her to lie about this. I mean she likely knew these two guys were already questioned by the committee, and would likely be asked to corroborate her testimony. If it is all a lie, why would she open herself up to something like this over something that was just hearsay anyway? Yeah, it is embarrassing that the President pitched a fit while riding in the back seat of his limo, but that's hardly criminal or impeachment worthy stuff.
It is a fine line between a reality TV deposition and a deposition on reality TV. A real deposition with real lawyers and a real process with real integrity would have looked very different and would have had a different result. But, this is what was wished for, this being obviously, reality TV.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I apologize if this is covered in one of the links, and I hope someone will indulge me in my laziness.

When are agents Engel and Ornate (I keep reading that as Ornate Eagle, and it makes me giggle) scheduled to testify?
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:46 pm
I apologize if this is covered in one of the links, and I hope someone will indulge me in my laziness.

When are agents Engel and Ornate (I keep reading that as Ornate Eagle, and it makes me giggle) scheduled to testify?
I haven't read anywhere that they are actually scheduled to testify (again anyway as apparently they already have behind closed doors) just that they are "prepared to".
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:46 pm

I haven't read anywhere that they are actually scheduled to testify (again anyway as apparently they already have behind closed doors) just that they are "prepared to".
Thank you for your indulgence.

When construction of my doomsday device is complete, you shall be spared as reward.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm

When construction of my doomsday device is complete, you shall be spared as reward.
Does the construction have a scheduled completion date or are you just "prepared to" build it?
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:04 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm

Does the construction have a scheduled completion date or are you just "prepared to" build it?
It's shovel ready.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Apparently Ornato and Engle were known as "yes men" to Trump according to Carol Leonnig:
The author of a book on the Secret Service that covers the Trump years, Leonnig told Rachel Maddow that the pair “were very, very close to President Trump.”

“And some people accused them of at times being enablers and ‘yes men’ of the president—particularly Tony Ornato—and very much people who wanted to do what he wanted and see him pleased,” Leonnig said. “And that was frustrating to agents who were more focused on, say, security, or being independent, or good planning. So, both of these individuals lose a little credibility because of how closely they have been seen as aligned to Donald Trump.”

Leonnig then described the general political bent of the Secret Service during this time.

“There was a very large contingent of Donald Trump’s detail who were personally cheering for [Joe] Biden to fail. And some of them even took to their personal media accounts to cheer on the insurrection and the individuals riding up to the Capitol as patriots. That is problematic,” Leonnig said.

“I’m not saying that Tony Ornato or Bobby Engel did that,” she noted, “but they are viewed as being aligned with Donald Trump, which cuts against them. However, if they testify under oath [that] this is what happened, I think that’s going to be important, because Cassidy Hutchinson can only say what she heard happened.”
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:

NBC's white house correspondent tweeted this. https://mercercountyoutlook.net/2022/06 ... testimony/
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.