January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Vēritās »

General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election” and agreed with Nancy Pelosi’s assertion that he was “crazy.” So as Trump raged about how the election had supposedly been “stolen” from him, Milley single-handedly called a top-secret meeting of senior military officials in the Pentagon’s war room to deter Trump from launching nuclear weapons or a military strike.

This fact alone, in any sane world, should make Trump entirely unqualified to be in office ever again. I mean his own generals thought he was insane and they believed he could launch nukes out of spite for losing. Why in the bejeezus would any sane society allow that man to be President?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

For those who are interested, "Q" has begun posting again. QAnon had a serious presence at Jan 6th.

Unfortunately, "Q" has made some serious technical blunders in which he has outed himself as the long suspected owner of the 8kun imageboard, Jim Watkins. Here is a good Twitter thread on the blunder. This blunder most likely confirms a longtime theory that "Q" was in fact either Jim Watkins or his son, Ron Watkins. If you haven't already, and are interested in the subject, I highly suggest watching the documentary Q: Into the Storm by HBO. The Jim/Ron Watkins is "Q" theory is thoroughly investigated.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:02 pm
For those who are interested, "Q" has begun posting again. QAnon had a serious presence at Jan 6th.

Unfortunately, "Q" has made some serious technical blunders in which he has outed himself as the long suspected owner of the 8kun imageboard, Jim Watkins. Here is a good Twitter thread on the blunder. This blunder most likely confirms a longtime theory that "Q" was in fact either Jim Watkins or his son, Ron Watkins. If you haven't already, and are interested in the subject, I highly suggest watching the documentary Q: Into the Storm by HBO. The Jim/Ron Watkins is "Q" theory is thoroughly investigated.
When is the storm, arrests, and Trump being reinstated going to happen? Also, when are billions of people going to die from the vax? Hrm, what else?

What’s interesting are guys like Q and his dumb as crap followers have an amazingly short ‘embarrassment memory’. They’ll say the dumbest, most outrageously misinformed crap, get debunked, and they’re right back at it creating weird fever dream larps, just one after another, like some sort of trumpy schizoids, and they never stop. Like little dumb as “F” Energizer q-bunnies banging their drums, day after day, drinking their own Kool-Aid, larping and banging away in a parade of mega-morons. And since they don’t read, can’t think rationally to save their own asses from being scammed, and are doggedly determined to remain that way we’re stuck with these hyper-idiot-cultists who can vote.

“F”.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The January 6th Committee commonly asks witnesses connected to Mr. Trump's administration or campaign whether they've been contacted by any of their former colleagues or anyone else who attempted to influence or impact their testimony. Here is an sample from one witness:
"What they said to me is, as long as I continue to be a team player, they know I'm on the right team ... I'm protecting who I need to protect, you know, I'll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World. And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts and just to keep that in mind as I proceeded through my depositions and interviews with the committee."

In another example, someone called a witness and said an unnamed person "wants me to let you know that they are thinking about you. He knows you're loyal, and you're going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.""
If this doesn't remind you of a mob boss, you've not been paying attention. It takes me back to one of the more troubling lines in Trump's Inaugural Speech:
At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America. Through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other.
It always struck me as being a poor definition of your bedrock. It harkens back, not to the enlightenment and democratic ideals or the liberation of the human spirit, but to blood oaths and tribal loyalty.

Anyway, my point is that witness tampering may not be as exotic as some other crimes, but it cuts to the heart of our judicial system. The courts and the Justice Department have little tolerance in this area.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 am
The January 6th Committee commonly asks witnesses connected to Mr. Trump's administration or campaign whether they've been contacted by any of their former colleagues or anyone else who attempted to influence or impact their testimony. Here is an sample from one witness:
"What they said to me is, as long as I continue to be a team player, they know I'm on the right team ... I'm protecting who I need to protect, you know, I'll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World. And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts and just to keep that in mind as I proceeded through my depositions and interviews with the committee."

In another example, someone called a witness and said an unnamed person "wants me to let you know that they are thinking about you. He knows you're loyal, and you're going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.""
If this doesn't remind you of a mob boss, you've not been paying attention. It takes me back to one of the more troubling lines in Trump's Inaugural Speech:
At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America. Through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other.
It always struck me as being a poor definition of your bedrock. It harkens back, not to the enlightenment and democratic ideals or the liberation of the human spirit, but to blood oaths and tribal loyalty.

Anyway, my point is that witness tampering may not be as exotic as some other crimes, but it cuts to the heart of our judicial system. The courts and the Justice Department have little tolerance in this area.
Could you provide links to the quotes?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:20 am
MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 am
It’s from Liz Cheney who displayed the quotes from unnamed witnesses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

If Donald Trump and the dread Dormammu were to fight in a cage match, who would win?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 am
If Donald Trump and the dread Dormammu were to fight in a cage match, who would win?

“Dormammu, I’ve come to make a deal …”
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Those are the quotes that Liz Cheney referenced, as displayed on the screens at the hearing.

And for those who can't get enough of a good thing, here's the text of Trump's Inaugural speech.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:29 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:20 am

It’s from Liz Cheney who displayed the quotes from unnamed witnesses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

- Doc
I love unnamed witnesses. They and their quotes are whatever you want them to be. It seems so apropos when taking about that loud mouthed game show host pretending to be a politician. He must be stopped at all costs or he just might tell some secrets the true rulers might not like and where would the empire be then? I say bring on more secret witnesses and deep cover agents and move to declare him guilty already.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.