January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Chap »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:34 am
I love unnamed witnesses.
Of course. If potential witnesses are being threatened by Trump and his supporters to ensure their 'loyalty', they should have the guts to say so openly so they can be suitably punished because that is the American Way.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:34 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:29 am

It’s from Liz Cheney who displayed the quotes from unnamed witnesses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

- Doc
I love unnamed witnesses. They and their quotes are whatever you want them to be. It seems so apropos when taking about that loud mouthed game show host pretending to be a politician. He must be stopped at all costs or he just might tell some secrets the true rulers might not like and where would the empire be then? I say bring on more secret witnesses and deep cover agents and move to declare him guilty already.
-_-

eta - the reason for my face is because Trumpers don’t give two flying "F"s about this because you’ve talked yourselves into believing each other’s lies, not only about the election, but whatever passes through your collective teeth:

A reminder:
Do you believe the violence on January 6th was justified morally?” Cheney asked. “Take the Fifth,” Flynn replied.

“Do you believe the violence on January 6th was justified legally?” Cheney asked. “Fifth,” Flynn replied.

General Flynn, do you believe in the peaceful transition of power in the United States of America?” Cheney asked. “The Fifth,” he responded.
Your level of projection about the Deep State ignoring democracy and the Constitution is so far off the chain that it beggars belief. Trumpers are literally what they accuse Liberals of being. Snap out of it. Jesus.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I love unnamed witnesses. They and their quotes are whatever you want them to be. It seems so apropos when taking about that loud mouthed game show host pretending to be a politician. He must be stopped at all costs or he just might tell some secrets the true rulers might not like and where would the empire be then? I say bring on more secret witnesses and deep cover agents and move to declare him guilty already.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees a problem with that. The media has relied on unnamed witnesses to attack Trump since 2020.

Then that same media tries to make people in Trump's cabinet look guilty for asking for a preemptive pardon. Wait until a hostile Republican become president again. Wait till Nov. 2024. You're gonna see a ton of people asking for preemptive pardons. And you'll say, but of course, we knew a hostile regime was coming in after us.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Apparently a lot of the coverage of the latest hearing is hung up on the unimportant detail of whether Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of his vehicle. So, a reminder of the key findings:

1. Trump objected to the Secret Service disarming the attendees at the rally at the Ellipse, saying, "They're not here to hurt me."

2. Trump wanted to go with them as they marched to the capitol.

3. When told that the crowd attacking the capitol was chanting "Hang Mike Pence!", Trump said "maybe he deserves it."

4. Trump's post-presidency entourage is sending messages to potential witnesses for the January 6 committee, trying to ensure their loyalty.

The president of the United States tried to lead an armed mob to the capitol to terrorize Congress and the vice-president into overturning his election loss, and his gang is committing witness tampering while trying to cover it up.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Then that same media tries to make people in Trump's cabinet look guilty for asking for a preemptive pardon. Wait until a hostile Republican become president again. Wait till Nov. 2024. You're gonna see a ton of people asking for preemptive pardons. And you'll say, but of course, we knew a hostile regime was coming in after us.

Why would they need pardons? Will the new Republican Administration charge those Democrats with being legitimately elected or appointed?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Manetho wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:16 pm
Apparently a lot of the coverage of the latest hearing is hung up on the unimportant detail of whether Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of his vehicle. So, a reminder of the key findings:

1. Trump objected to the Secret Service disarming the attendees at the rally at the Ellipse, saying, "They're not here to hurt me."

2. Trump wanted to go with them as they marched to the capitol.

3. When told that the crowd attacking the capitol was chanting "Hang Mike Pence!", Trump said "maybe he deserves it."

4. Trump's post-presidency entourage is sending messages to potential witnesses for the January 6 committee, trying to ensure their loyalty.

The president of the United States tried to lead an armed mob to the capitol to terrorize Congress and the vice-president into overturning his election loss, and his gang is committing witness tampering while trying to cover it up.
Which reminds me of what beau had to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1soNwtQ-M

He points out that the only thing Trump has denied are the irrelevant things that hurt his mage. None of the allegations of illegality were even challenged.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees a problem with that. The media has relied on unnamed witnesses to attack Trump since 2020.

It’s not the media using ‘unnamed witnesses’, brother Ajax. It’s Liz Cheney.

> bUt ShE’s ThE dEeP sTaTe!

-_-

Funny how anyone who isn’t a psychopathic Trump sycophant is part of the deep state. You have to believe Liz Cheney not only would make up those quotes, to impugn Trump’s character (lol), but that no one in her coterie would come forth and say she’s making up quotes.

> bUt ThAt’S wHaT tHe dEeP sTaTe dOeS! tHeY LiE!

Funny how Trumpers are ok with Trump constantly lying, but he’s not part of the deep state because *reasons*.

And of course you look guilty if you ask for a pardon before supporting a literal insurrection. How else would you look? The “deep state” is the kind of cabal of people who would look to subvert the government, the democratic process, to establish an authoritarian regime. Which is what Trumpers attempted to do. They are the very thing they think others are. It’s bananas.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:

LOL! Courts aren't going to go along with your revenge fantasies. There massive request for pardons you imagine won't happen because there is no reason to expect an actual conspiracy to overturn the results of an election. You Trumpers have had a couple years to come forward with any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. You've provided lots of bluff and bluster, but no evidence. You're just butthurt because the actual evidence of criminal conspiracy is the one to overturn the election perpetrated by Trump and his sycophants. Butthurt buys you zero in court, as shown by the results of 60 plus cases filed over nothing but butthurt.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

LOL! Courts aren't going to go along with your revenge fantasies. There massive request for pardons you imagine won't happen because there is no reason to expect an actual conspiracy to overturn the results of an election. You Trumpers have had a couple years to come forward with any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. You've provided lots of bluff and bluster, but no evidence. You're just butthurt because the actual evidence of criminal conspiracy is the one to overturn the election perpetrated by Trump and his sycophants. Butthurt buys you zero in court, as shown by the results of 60 plus cases filed over nothing but butthurt.
As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is. It's impossible for a conservative to get a fair trial in 99% Democrat Washington D.C. The only people who are butthurt are abortionists upset that they can't screw around and kill any problem children that might result.

But you won't see any special congressional counsels on 2020 George Floyd riots that left way more people dead and were based on the lie that police are out hunting down and killing people just because they're black. Why? Because we have a very partisan political justice system that promotes discrimination and dehumanization based upon political party.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:53 pm
As you should know, winning in court is dependent on whether your politics line up with the judge in power, not so much what the law is and minimally if any on how good your lawyer is. It's impossible for a conservative to get a fair trial in 99% Democrat Washington D.C. The only people who are butthurt are abortionists upset that they can't screw around and kill any problem children that might result.

But you won't see any special congressional counsels on 2020 George Floyd riots that left way more people dead and were based on the lie that police are out hunting down and killing people just because they're black. Why? Because we have a very partisan political justice system that promotes discrimination and dehumanization based upon political party.