January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hannity - “I didn’t believe it [the Big Lie] for a second.”

Criminal.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Ok, am I misreading things here, but are some of y'all calling for charges on Trump?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:33 pm
Ok, am I misreading things here, but are some of y'all calling for charges on Trump?

I mean, If you is, how can I help?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I suspect that the DoJ will run with the four charges recommended by the House January 6th Committee and perhaps expand to a few extra charges. With the mountain load of evidence, there is a very strong case.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:37 pm
I suspect that the DoJ will run with the four charges recommended by the House January 6th Committee and perhaps expand to a few extra charges. With the mountain load of evidence, there is a very strong case.
I'm hoping my Dear and Shiney Savior read my Christmas Wish List just for once. Just for once I want to see a president get handcuffed and perp walked. I swear, if this comes to pass...

Ok, well, what ya got? Let's take a pool, anyone willing to play. No real money, just board clout.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Transcripts of the interview with Cassidy Hutchinson reveal she was coached by a Trump paid attorney to lie. He told her it was OK to say "I don't recall" if she actually does recall. That attorney should be disbarred. We also find out that the attorney refused to disclose to her who was paying him.

Hutchinson's testimony describes what she calls "Trump world" just like you'd imagine a crime syndicate in a mafia movie.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:12 am
Transcripts of the interview with Cassidy Hutchinson reveal she was coached by a Trump paid attorney to lie. He told her it was OK to say "I don't recall" if she actually does recall. That attorney should be disbarred. We also find out that the attorney refused to disclose to her who was paying him.

Hutchinson's testimony describes what she calls "Trump world" just like you'd imagine a crime syndicate in a mafia movie.
Certainly. If you swear an oath to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", and then you say that you don't recall something when in fact you have a perfectly clear memory of what was done or said, then you are perjuring yourself.

Of course, from the lawyer's point of view, what mattered was not whether Cassidy Hutchinson would be committing perjury by saying "I don't recall" when she really did, but whether there was any chance of her being caught committing perjury. In TrumpLand it's OK to do whatever it takes to win, so long as you can't be caught doing it.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Chap wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:07 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:12 am

Certainly. If you swear an oath to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", and then you say that you don't recall something when in fact you have a perfectly clear memory of what was done or said, then you are perjuring yourself.

Of course, from the lawyer's point of view, what mattered was not whether Cassidy Hutchinson would be committing perjury by saying "I don't recall" when she really did, but whether there was any chance of her being caught committing perjury. In TrumpLand it's OK to do whatever it takes to win, so long as you can't be caught doing it.
You need to listen to "Justice Corrupted," by Ted Cruz and listen to some of the nonanswers given in the Senate confirmation and oversight hearings. Justice in America is partisan and political. It doesn't matter so much what you did but rather what your political ideology you support.

Senator Cruz: What is the average bail amount, prison time, given to BLM protesters in 2020? What is the average bail amount or prison time for Jan. 6 protesters?

Deep state DOJ swamp representative: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

[Deleting for now. I have an itch to give it a more serious treatment later in the thread.]
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 pm
Chap wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:07 pm

You need to listen to "Justice Corrupted," by Ted Cruz and listen to some of the nonanswers given in the Senate confirmation and oversight hearings. Justice in America is partisan and political. It doesn't matter so much what you did but rather what your political ideology you support.

Senator Cruz: What is the average bail amount, prison time, given to BLM protesters in 2020? What is the average bail amount or prison time for Jan. 6 protesters?

Deep state DOJ swamp representative: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Oh, so you admit now that BLM protestors who committed criminal acts were actually arrested, prosecuted, and sent to jail? Or is it that you can’t keep your lies straight?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.