January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Moksha »

Lawyers doing lawyer stuff as evidence against Trump mounts:

A federal judge in the Central District of California Judge David Carter just ruled that Donald Trump more likely than not engaged in criminal conduct including obstruction and conspiracy in connection with January 6 and ruled that Trump's lawyer John Eastman could not assert the attorney-client privilege and work-product privilege as a result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n698WKkBdyk
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:45 pm
For the second time, the committee played leaked audio first reported by Mother Jones in which Trump adviser Steve Bannon, during an October 31, 2020, meeting, said that Trump had a “strategy” to prematurely assert he had won on Election Day. Explaining the so-called “red mirage,” in which Trump would show early leads in key states before mail-in ballots favoring Joe Biden were counted, Bannon said: “Trump’s going to take advantage of it. That’s our strategy. He’s gonna declare himself a winner.

“He’s gonna declare victory,” Bannon said. “But that doesn’t mean he’s a winner. He’s just gonna say he’s a winner.”
It is one thing to say the election was stolen. But IF it can be proven that Trump KNEW that the information he was supplying to the courts was not true, we're getting into a conspiracy to defraud the Government.

And that's where the Eastman emails are a smoking gun.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Monday 1 p.m. EST.

Final Committee hearing.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Tomorrow...
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-ominously- ... 51347.html
Donald Trump was slammed for another round of threats and incitement Saturday after evoking last year’s Jan. 6 insurrection — and then telling his followers it’s now time for the FBI and Justice Department “thugs” to be “dealt with.”

I’m not really astonished any more that Trump continues to make the case for his indictment for incitement and subsequent charges, but what gets me is just how ‘out’ people are now, who claim to love this country or are self-styled patriots, but are champing at the bit to oVeRtHrOw ThE gOvErNmEnT. They’re like dogs who chase cars; they wouldn’t know what to do with one once they caught it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

It is a good thing that not all criminals use this as a defense:

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:47 pm
It is a good thing that not all criminals use this as a defense:

He's a prosecutor's wet dream.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Yeah, send that seditious sexual predator to a cell. If we're luck he gets Epstien'd. If we're really lucky, he gets cuffed and Perp-walked.

Doom on him and on all of you that voted for him.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?