January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:04 am
I wonder if Trump now wishes he had chosen the military coup option rather than the voter fraud scheme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MKYjr42Fo
I really wish Trump was unhappy enough to off himself. It would be his all-time greatest presidential decision.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Texas Paul lays it out pretty well, proving this Republican lied on FOX months before telling the truth under oath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTS1QB08xI
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:03 am
Texas Paul lays it out pretty well, proving this Republican lied on FOX months before telling the truth under oath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTS1QB08xI
That is interesting, but I suspect the Trump guy got the lie from Sean Hannity rather than the other way around. Hannity repeated this lie over forty times.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3582 ... d-to-nato/

The traitorous cowardly little GQP chicken crap Sen. Hawley vows to vote ‘no’ on adding Sweden and Finland to NATO. God I want to know how much he and his little seditionists are getting from Gazprom.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:30 pm

The traitorous cowardly little GQP chicken crap Sen. Hawley vows to vote ‘no’ on adding Sweden and Finland to NATO. God I want to know how much he and his little seditionists are getting from Gazprom.

- Doc
Aw, cut the guy some slack, Doc. He's training for the 100 meters in the upcoming Olympics.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Rupert Murdoch has banned Trump from Fox.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:30 pm

From your link: “Hawley says the United States shouldn’t expand its security commitments in Europe due to a more pressing threat from China.”

Maybe Hawley has been running around too much to have noticed this bit of news from just a month ago:

NATO declares China a security challenge for the first time

NATO has listed China as one of its strategic priorities for the first time, saying Beijing’s ambitions and its “coercive policies” challenge the Western bloc’s “interests, security and values”.

The alliance’s new blueprint, or Strategic Concept (PDF), that lays out its priorities for the next decade, was approved at a leader’s summit in Spain on Wednesday.

The document directed its harshest language towards Russia, which it described as “the most significant and direct threat” to the alliance’s peace and security, but said Beijing’s military ambitions, its confrontational rhetoric towards Taiwan and its increasingly close ties with Moscow posed “systemic challenges”.

“China is substantially building up its military forces, including nuclear weapons, bullying its neighbours, threatening Taiwan … monitoring and controlling its own citizens through advanced technology, and spreading Russian lies and disinformation,” NATO’s Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg told reporters.

“China is not our adversary,” he added, “but we must be clear-eyed about the serious challenges it represents.”

In response, China on Thursday said it “firmly” opposed NATO’s declaration, calling it a “completely futile” warning.

“NATO’s so-called new strategic concept document disregards facts, confuses black and white … [and] smears China’s foreign policy,” foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said.

The official turn by NATO puts the world’s largest military alliance, based on the United States armed forces, on guard against China, which has the world’s second-largest economy and a rapidly growing military, both in numbers and in top-notch technology.

“One of the things that [China’s] doing is seeking to undermine the rules-based international order that we adhere to, that we believe in, that we helped build,” said US Secretary of State Antony Blinken. “And if China’s challenging it in one way or another, we will stand up to that.”

Western leaders are concerned that Russia’s aggression in Ukraine, which China is yet to condemn, could embolden Beijing to be more assertive over Taiwan. China considers Taiwan a part of its territory with no right to independent recognition as a state or representation on the world stage.

Speaking at an event in Madrid that was not part of the NATO summit, British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said that unless China is checked “there is a real risk that they draw the wrong idea which results in a catastrophic miscalculation such as invading Taiwan,” referring to the self-governing island that China claims as a province.

Marcin Jerzewski, head of the Taiwan office of the European Values Center for Security Policy, told Al Jazeera that NATO members may also be concerned about Chinese-Russian military cooperation on Russia’s oft-forgotten Pacific coast.

Before the war in Ukraine, Putin began pursuing his own “pivot to the east” by ramping up economic development and his military presence on the Pacific Coast.

“This is an important step for NATO and in a way a sign that NATO is waking up to a new geopolitical reality, which is largely defined by the growing confluence of Russian and Chinese strategic interests,” Jerzewski said. “Russia has been viewed mainly as a source of threats in the European theatre, but that view ignores Russia’s physical presence on the shores of the Pacific.”

Highlighting NATO’s new focus on China, the gathering of world leaders in Madrid, both inside the bloc’s summit and on its sidelines, included many from Asian nations.

It was the first time that the leaders of Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand were invited to a NATO summit. They participated in a NATO session on new global challenges after holding a side meeting outside of the summit.
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022 ... first-time
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The testimony of Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger illustrates what a brazen liar Donald Trump is, and why he should be imprisoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjwFID0EGMM
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

The roster of expert investigators for Team Trump seems to include some interesting folks.

Files copied from voting systems were shared with Trump supporters, election deniers

Sensitive election system files obtained by attorneys working to overturn President Donald Trump’s 2020 defeat were shared with election deniers, conspiracy theorists and right-wing commentators, according to records reviewed by The Washington Post.

A Georgia computer forensics firm hired by the attorneys placed the files on a server, where company records show they were downloaded dozens of times. Among the downloaders were accounts associated with a Texas meteorologist who has appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio show; a podcaster who suggested political enemies should be executed; a former pro-surfer who pushed disproved theories that the 2020 election was manipulated; and a self-described former “seduction and pickup coach” who claims to also have been a hacker.

Plaintiffs in a long-running federal lawsuit over the security of Georgia’s voting systems obtained the new records from the company, Atlanta-based SullivanStrickler, under a subpoena to one of its executives. The records include contracts between the firm and the Trump-allied attorneys, notably Sidney Powell. The data files are described as copies of components from election systems in Coffee County, Ga., and Antrim County, Mich.

A series of data leaks and alleged breaches of local elections offices since 2020 has prompted criminal investigations and fueled concerns among some security experts that public disclosure of information collected from voting systems could be exploited by hackers and others people seeking to manipulate future elections.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 pm
The roster of expert investigators for Team Trump seems to include some interesting folks.
The misdeeds of the MAGA troopers will continue. Trump stirred up their longing for a fascist dictatorship and their craving will continue.