Inflation be Damned

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Inflation by Damned

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:33 pm
God help us if we have to sacrifice a small portion of our so-called lifestyle for the good of the whole. How horrible that would be! :roll:

You’d be making your plea to people who couldn’t put a tiny cloth mask on their face without freaking out about ‘their freedoms’, and who get ticked off at a restaurant for not handing them free plastic straws on demand.

More folks should read up on what most ordinary Americans did during WWII, to support our soldiers and our communities.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:02 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:33 pm
God help us if we have to sacrifice a small portion of our so-called lifestyle for the good of the whole. How horrible that would be! :roll:

You’d be making your plea to people who couldn’t put a tiny cloth mask on their face without freaking out about ‘their freedoms’, and who get ticked off at a restaurant for not handing them free plastic straws on demand.
True story. In November I was working in an organization I rejoined here. I had to work 4 evening shifts in someone's home. In our group was an immune compromised woman who had additional physical disabilities. She had leg braces and portable oxygen. Right? So the home was an old man (mid 80's) and his son (early 50's). We worked there every night for 4 consecutive evenings. They were very hospitable to us and served us homemade coffee cake and cookies every night for snack. Beautiful home, out of this world artwork. Older man very highly educated, PhD. The very last night of the very last shift as we were all leaving and saying goodbye I was chatting with the son while the disabled woman left before me with help from two other people. We talked about the pandemic and vaccines. He obviously was anti-vaccine and also anti-mask. He said he only wore a face diaper once or twice. He rolled his eyes when he said face diaper.

He says this after having an immune compromised guest in his home four nights in a row without ever telling her or the group about his position.
More folks should read up on what most ordinary Americans did during WWII, to support our soldiers and our communities.
I don't forget the stories that were told to me by my mother and her older generation relatives, or those I've read about as an adult. Today we can't even live without our cell phones in our hands during all waking hours. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

We'll drive less just like we did during the freaking gas shortages and rationing in the 70's.
Jimmy Carter 2.0. You're also going to pay more for everything. Even the liberal farmer I saw yesterday understands you can't run a tractor on $5/gallon.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:36 am
We'll drive less just like we did during the freaking gas shortages and rationing in the 70's.
Jimmy Carter 2.0. You're also going to pay more for everything. Even the liberal farmer I saw yesterday understands you can't run a tractor on $5/gallon.
Why do Republicans whine so much thinking the world owes them $2 gasoline? I thought they were pro-Capitalism, who believed in free market principles? Or is that just a slogan they fall back on whenever convenient?

And if you think farmers will stop farming because gasoline has gone up, you're more of an idiot that you lead on.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:36 am
Why are you telling me crap I already know? Do I LOOK like I don't know crap? I don't care how much I pay. I can afford it and limit travel if I need or want to.

Only people who don't have money worry about money like you do.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Only people who don't have money worry about money like you do.

I'm just pointing out that Democrat fiscal and foreign policy ultimately hurts the poor and working class far more than it does the rich.

I'm not sure you understand that yet even though you can't help but see and know it every day.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:00 pm

I'm just pointing out that Democrat fiscal and foreign policy ultimately hurts the poor and working class far more than it does the rich.
No you're asserting a debunked myth.

But you don't care about what's actually true, you only care about partisan rhetoric that makes you feel good in hating so many Americans. You only care about things the gratify your insatiable need to justify your Naziesque tendencies.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Re: Inflation be Damned

Post by Gadianton »

As I've said before, if Ajax really believes that the party of whoever is president determines the economy, he'd put his money where his mouth is and reap millions in investment profits. He has no faith whatsoever in his position. He just feels better getting it off his chest and blaming his perceived opposition for all of his problems.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Isolationism ultimately causes more war, less trade and economic growth. Shamimg American Imperialism has left a vacuum of power filled by Afghan barbarians, KGB thugs, and the Chinese communist party.

Biden's stimlus caused the hidden tax of inflation. Global Warmimng alarmism has produced not just higher gas prices but made everything that comes in a truck more expensive. Maybe K Graham can afford it but his constituents cannot. The worst part is that it hasn't helped the environment much.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:25 pm
Biden's stimlus caused the hidden tax of inflation.

“In 15 of the 34 countries classified as AEs by the International Monetary Fund's World Economic Outlook, 12-month inflation through December 2021 was running above 5%. Such a sudden, shared jump in high inflation (by modern standards) has not been seen in more than 20 years …

There are multiple reasons behind the inflation rate, including supply chain issues, price rises to reflect losses linked to the pandemic, high demand for specific goods and services coupled with a labour shortage, as well as a rise in the VAT rate, after it was temporarily reduced to help businesses last year.“

It’s amazing how Biden caused all of this worldwide inflation. ; )