Citizens Of Poland Display American Flag And Welcome Troops While American Progressives Burn And Disrespect Our Flag!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Citizens Of Poland Display American Flag And Welcome Troops While American Progressives Burn And Disrespect Our Flag

Post by Atlanticmike »

https://youtu.be/YFfQvZc-Jeo

Protesters in Hong Kong wave American flag while progressive Americans burn 🔥 our flag!!
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Citizens Of Poland Display American Flag And Welcome Troops While American Progressives Burn And Disrespect Our Flag

Post by Atlanticmike »

https://youtu.be/UZy-V8ep7HM

Progressive college students 🔥 American flag on Veterans Day so the college stopped flying the flag😂.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:22 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:22 pm

Mike it is only occasionally that I get a picture of what you actually care about from your posts. I think this post is something I could try and understand instead of just shrugging my shoulders with the whatever reaction.

I am wondering what ways you see progressive agenda being a problem for youth. I look around and would expect two huge things being a real threat to young people mental health. The first would be the high high cost of housing and difficulties finding it. The second is the inflated high cost of college education. I do not see a lot of ideas for help coming from either the progressive or conservative wings.

What ways are progressive programs causing harm to young people? How worried need they be about gay marriage? I do not see young folks in a tizzy about it one way or another. Should they learn about the history of civil rights? I have seen images of young people ghastly ignorant of all sorts of history. They do need to learn more history in order to understand .

I have seen shallow and useless approaches to history and civil rights from both right and left. Learning more history is only way to improve that situation that I can see. People need to better understand history not hide from it or just make slogans.
For me it’s really simple simple! If a movement or a movements ideology can make people out to be “victims” for their benefit, it’s a very very harmful movement. And that’s the #1 goal of progressivism, make as many people out to be victims as possible so they, the progressive movement, can supply answers and a savior for every person willing to believe in their version of the truth. That’s why I say progressivism is a religion, because it is!!

First you gotta realize the vast majority of people don’t want to live the TRUTH! The truth is dreadful, it’s scary, it’s mean, it’s cruel and after all that you die. And that’s why religion comes in handy, it offers an escape from the “truth”!................
Mike, I respect your desire to avoid being a victim and take responsibility for yourself. Yes it can be hard ,life presents real threats and hiding from them is never an answer.

I gather you see progressives as trying to take personal responsibility away from people and from your self. If that is correct it is good reason to not only be suspicious but to be hostile.

I am a little slow to see progressives as trying to do such a thing. If I convince George he is a victim what good is that to me? None that I see. It is better to see George successfully contribute.

If I briefly consider history of progressives I do not see people hunting up victims. Back in the late 19th century progressives wanted free enterprise economic progress. That was fine but there were a lot of noisy angry workers who wanted better working conditions, protections and unions. These people insisted that to an extent even though they were hard working folks they were sometimes victims. Their noise forced people to ecognise there concerns and progressives tried to find ways to respond.

If you consider race relations in America in the 1940 or 50s both liberals and conservatives said to blacks ,be patient and happy with the progress that has been made. Perhaps someday you will be allowed to even vote. It was not a bunch of progressives who made the noise. There were lots of black people who started making more and more noise saying the situation is not right and must change.

In say 1967 progressive guys were happy to have the chicks do secretarial work for the movement. It was women who started making a lot of noise about how women were not being treated correctly.The progressives had to change to include a whole new movement.

People at that time were happy to ignore guy people only arrest them when they became noticeable. It was not progressives but gay people of all sorts of political beliefs who started saying that this arrangement was not right and demanded to no longer be made into victims.

As I see it there never has been a time progressives had to search out victims. The world has enough that they can force their way into the attention of progressives.

To an extent progressives have been some help but in truth I see the noisiest most rabid progressives to be people with no real help and wishing to make a big noisy deal about their own political purity to cover up their lack.
///////
I should have added to my last comment that there is a sort of religious quality(as you see) to that last bunch of fanatics. They get a feeling of righteousness by making a lot of noise. They do not help themselves or others much like religous fanatics are of no help to anybody.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:11 pm
https://youtu.be/UZy-V8ep7HM

Progressive college students 🔥 American flag on Veterans Day so the college stopped flying the flag😂.

Speaking of veterans …
House passes bill designed to help veterans exposed to toxins during service
Big differences remain with less-expensive Senate measure
Posted March 3, 2022 at 1:40pm

The House voted 256-174 Thursday to pass a bill that would overhaul benefits for veterans exposed to toxic substances during their service, but the many differences with the Senate version of the measure raises questions about whether it has a chance of being enacted into law.

The bill received support from 34 Republicans despite the criticism from most of their party members that it was too expensive.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi scoffed at Republicans who refused to support the bill sponsored by House Veterans’ Affairs Chair Mark Takano, D-Calif., because of budget concerns.

"It's a cost of war," Pelosi said at her Thursday press conference. "For the Republicans to go to the floor and say their veterans really don't want this help with their health because it's going to cost money and they're more concerned about the budget ... than they are about their health, oh really? You just gave tax cuts in 2017 to the richest people in America. Tax cuts for the rich, cancer for our veterans. That's how we see this discussion and this debate."

Takano said after the vote the Senate would find the votes to pass the House bill if it came to the floor because more than 40 prominent veterans organizations support it. Takano said he was willing to go to conference on the bill, but that a Senate floor vote left open to amendments would be quicker.

Only 34 Republicans. Hmm.

Despite the objections by many House Republicans about how expensive it is to take care of veterans, this has now gone on to pass the Senate, as well. Good news.