My Music Profile Page With all My Songs, So far...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

My Music Profile Page With all My Songs, So far...

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://soundcloud.com/user-307527196/tracks

I have several new songs up for your listening pleasures. More to come! Thanks for listening. All kinds of variety of listening, depending on your mood! This is a new hobby for me, and I just absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE makin music man!
Chap
God

Re: My Music Profile Page With all My Songs, So far...

Post by Chap »

Just so as to not fill up the page one song at a time ... maybe you could just have a single thread for new music?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Chap wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:48 am
Just so as to not fill up the page one song at a time ... maybe you could just have a single thread for new music?
Yes, agreed. This is the link to all my songs, so far.....thanks Chap!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I listened to it and it's not bad. It kind of reminds me of an artist a friend of mine used to listen to but I can't for the life of me remember the artist's name. Vangelis keeps popping into my mind, but that's not it (although your song certainly reminds me of him, too).

Christ, I am becoming forgetful.

ETA: Jean-Michel Jarre! That was the name I was forgetting (and I found it by looking in Spotify at the "Fans also like" section under Vangelis).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:49 pm
ETA: Jean-Michel Jarre! That was the name I was forgetting (and I found it by looking in Spotify at the "Fans also like" section under Vangelis).
I used to have something from Jarre stashed away quite a few years ago. I can’t remember what it was (Oxygene?); now I’ll have to distract myself with a hunt through his discography. : D
- - - - -
Found it. YouTube is awesome for locating any old piece of music, lol. This odd little piece starting at 9:21 is the one. It definitely sounds a bit dated -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JhVFXW7RZDA&t=561s
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
As opposed to the spam titles that are constantly filling up the 'new posts' page? :D More Philo, please. 8-)
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:42 pm
I used to have something from Jarre stashed away quite a few years ago. I can’t remember what it was (Oxygene?); now I’ll have to distract myself with a hunt through his discography. : D
- - - - -
Found it. YouTube is awesome for locating any old piece of music, lol. This odd little piece starting at 9:21 is the one. It definitely sounds a bit dated -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JhVFXW7RZDA&t=561s
Oxygene was definitely one of the albums my friend played a lot. We also listened to a lot of Equinoxe.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:48 pm
Chap wrote:
As opposed to the spam titles that are constantly filling up the 'new posts' page? :D More Philo, please. 8-)
That's a separate problem. Philo has thanked me for my suggestion and adopted it. If there was the slightest hope that AtlanticMike would just have a single spam video thread, I'd suggest it to him too.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:23 am

I have several new songs up for your listening pleasures. More to come! Thanks for listening. All kinds of variety of listening, depending on your mood! This is a new hobby for me, and I just absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE makin music man!
As a fellow musician, I admire your work. I played biker bars in a band in my 20's. I was the drummer, then the guitarist, then the vocalist... I miss it, but I don't.

I can play the guitar, bass, drums, cello and the ukulele. I'm best at the drums, though its the one instrument I play without any formal training. That's the way it should be in my opinion. The drums are played by the mood of the band, or artist.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Father Francis wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:16 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:23 am

As a fellow musician, I admire your work. I played biker bars in a band in my 20's. I was the drummer, then the guitarist, then the vocalist... I miss it, but I don't.

I can play the guitar, bass, drums, cello and the ukulele. I'm best at the drums, though its the one instrument I play without any formal training. That's the way it should be in my opinion. The drums are played by the mood of the band, or artist.
I admire you musicians. I never got to do much during my life, so this Garageband is a Godsend to me I am thinking. It is fun to tinker with. I have a LOT more songs to post as I have time, and am creating more. thank you for listening Father!