I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

Post by Dr. Shades »

"What good is a Libertarian utopia if no one wants to live there?"
--Dr. Shades, 11-26-2021

(This potentiality is being discussed in multiple threads, so to save time I'm just going to start this new thread and post it once.)

The writing is on the wall, methinks. It looks like the calls for me to step down and let my moderators take over--unleash them?--has reached critical mass. Therefore, I hereby step down as chief moderator and release them from any obligation to be clones of me. I hereby give them free rein to moderate as they see fit. Hell, I hereby even grant them permission to change the rules if they want (with the exception of Universal Rule #12, which is exempt from alteration).

I'll take back over if a critical mass of people call for it or if it becomes necessary for whatever reason. In the meantime, I reserve the right to post as a civilian.

But for now, with this action, let no one say I refused to grant unto you according to your desires.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Re: I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

Post by Chap »

Dear Dr Shades,

I appreciate that this was a very difficult decision for you to take. The fact that you have taken it speaks well of your capacity to listen to others, even if what they are saying runs contrary to your own deep-seated inclinations.

I trust the moderating team, and I am sure they will be able to agree amongst themselves about what policy decisions they need to take. As an ordinary poster, I would appreciate it if they share those decisions with us, so we know what the guidelines are that will be enforced from now on, in particular in relation to the problem posed by persistent trolling intended to disrupt the board.

Thanks again for all you have done to create this board and keep it alive!

Chap
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I hope the best for you, Dr. Shades, as you step back from the pandemonium. I admire your intention to give people with unpopular allegiances the benefit of the doubt. In this case perhaps you were a little too lenient, or you forgot that a temporary break from the board for persistent troublemakers is not a bad or unusual thing. Maybe I am off base. In any case, I hope you step back in when you get itchy to be more involved again.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:16 am
I hope the best for you, Dr. Shades, as you step back from the pandemonium. I admire your intention to give people with unpopular allegiances the benefit of the doubt. In this case perhaps you were a little too lenient, or you forgot that a temporary break from the board for persistent troublemakers is not a bad or unusual thing. Maybe I am off base. In any case, I hope you step back in when you get itchy to be more involved again.
😂🤣😂🤣 you guys, his so called “friends” just strong armed the man out of his position. You wanted his power so you decided to humiliate the man on his own board and did it for days until he finally gave in! That’s not what true friends actually do. The man just went through a divorce, apparently is financially strapped from it, had to re structure his mortgage and his so called “friends” performed a psychological coup d’état because they knew if they kept pressuring the man in public on his board, eventually he would give in to the pressure. Let me say that again. His friends pressured him into giving up his power and as soon as I post this, they’re going to come behind me and try to tell everyone reading this thread, that the coup d’état was for the board founders own good.😂😂. In the past two days you guys mentally abused Dr Shades. You likened him to an ignorant CEO that needed to be ousted by the board. You told him he wasn’t seeing things clearly and many other insults that friends just don’t do in public. For God sakes. Just read his opening sentence. You guys took his dream from him. No matter how you try to spin it in the post following this one, you guys took the mans dream from him and you did it because you want your ECHO CHAMBER back. The Backwards Professor even admitted this was better off being an ECHO CHAMBER so guess what, I was correct all along.

All right, so now it’s your turn. Go ahead and start spinning your web of lies to justify what you guys just accomplished. Make no mistake. You guys just took advantage of a man that is at a very low point in his life and now you’re going to enjoy the spoils. Go ahead. Tell us how you guys stripped Shades of his power for his benefit.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:04 am
Dear Dr Shades,

I appreciate that this was a very difficult decision for you to take. The fact that you have taken it speaks well of your capacity to listen to others, even if what they are saying runs contrary to your own deep-seated inclinations.

I trust the moderating team, and I am sure they will be able to agree amongst themselves about what policy decisions they need to take. As an ordinary poster, I would appreciate it if they share those decisions with us, so we know what the guidelines are that will be enforced from now on, in particular in relation to the problem posed by persistent trolling intended to disrupt the board.

Chap
It would be great to hear from the moderators, I agree. And I add my thanks too for all Shades has done. Hopefully our board can return to a place to communicate without the disruptions of trolls so our community can continue.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:59 am
Chap wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:04 am
Dear Dr Shades,

Chap
It would be great to hear from the moderators, I agree. And I add my thanks too for all Shades has done. Hopefully our board can return to a place to communicate without the disruptions of trolls so our community can continue.
You guys strong armed the man into giving up his libertarian utopia. Read what he said. Here, Here’s what he said, “ what good is a libertarian utopia if no one wants to live here?“ I’m sorry but that’s 😢 . You guys did that. The progressives did that. The progressives formed a coup and humiliated the man on a public forum and probably in private too, so they could strip Shades of his power and then use it to get rid of me and Binger. That’s what just happened here, make no mistake. You guys took advantage of someone you call a friend. And he’ll never get his power back without having to answer to the moderators. In the future, if he ever tries to flex his board founder muscle, he’ll become a pariah on his own board.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Agreed.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Hey Shades. Look at this one. One of your so called friends compared you to a CEO who can’t perform his duties anymore. And then says the board would be justified in removing him from his position.
9C3C36BD-B8DE-4A86-B4DD-D70DA7E977F1.jpeg
9C3C36BD-B8DE-4A86-B4DD-D70DA7E977F1.jpeg (213.47 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Hey Shades. Check this out. Within hours of you giving up your power, regular everyday posters are discussing how I should be punished. You didn’t just hand over your moderating powers to the moderators, the whole ECHO CHAMBER will now be deciding who stays and who goes. These guys banded together, took your power and from here on out if they don’t like a poster they’re going to get rid of them.
C29F0A90-1042-4661-BB9E-8E8D552A9486.jpeg
C29F0A90-1042-4661-BB9E-8E8D552A9486.jpeg (60.65 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:11 am
And he’ll never get his power back without having to answer to the moderators. In the future, if he ever tries to flex his board founder muscle, he’ll become a pariah on his own board.
Lol, no.