Right Wing Violence

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Right Wing Violence

Post by K Graham »

And by media, I'm referring to talk radio and FOX news. Will they ever be held accountable? Everyone seems to think the Washington Post and CNN should have to pay a 14 year old kid hundreds of millions of dollars for simply reporting on an incident he was involved in. The logic is that he suffered in some way and has had death threats.

Well, what about actual deaths due to fear-mongering and flat out lies being reported by FOX News?

What about Dr. George Tiller who was murdered for his abortion practices only after the O'Reilly Factor had been attacking him and making false claims for months leading up to his murder? FOX News dedicated 28 episodes to attacking Tiller before he was killed.

Amidst false narratives about Planned Parenthood propagated in Right Wing media, Robert Lewis Dear Jr. shot up a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, resulting in the deaths of three people and injuries to nine.

Jim Adkisson killed two people in a Unitarian Universalist church in Tennessee, claiming that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country with the aid of major media outlets. Friends and neighbors said he extracted talking points from his copies of conservative tomes by Fox News luminaries like Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity and Bernard Goldberg.

Greg Lee Giusti was arrested for threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom Glenn Beck himself has said he would like to poison. Giusti's mom said: "Greg frequently gets in with a group of people that have really radical ideas and that are not consistent with myself or the rest of the family, which gets him into problems ... I say Fox News, or all of those that are really radical, and he, that's where he comes from."

Byron Williams was arrested while driving to the HQ of the liberal non-profit group The Tides Foundation carrying numerous guns and body armor, intent on killing everyone in the office, before moving on to do the same thing at the ACLU. Williams confessed he views Beck as a "schoolteacher" who "blew my mind." The would-be killer admitted that Beck "give you every ounce of evidence you could possibly need" to commit violence.

Trump supporters....

Alexandre Bissonnette obsessively searched for Donald Trump on social media and posed with a MAGA hat in the months before he killed six Muslim men at a mosque.

Trump supporter Patrick Carlineo charged with threatening to kill Democrat Congresswoman Ilhan Omar: “I’ll put a bullet in her damned skull”

Brenton Harrison Tarrant a 28-year-old Australian national charged with murder in the shooting deaths of at least 49 people during Friday prayers in the city of Christchurch. He said Trump is "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."

Cesar Sayoc Jr, had also posted vitriolic and sometimes violent messages — both online and on stickers attached to the windows of his van. Political rage fueled Sayoc, who railed against liberals and immigrants and echoed the saber-rattling rhetoric of Trump’s rallies, according to people who knew him. He sent mail bombs to seven Democrats and Trump critics.

So I just have to laugh a bit whenever I see idiots like Ben Shapiro and Sean Hannity start segments about how "The Left" is really the violent side, and their proof is a bunch of skinny idiots dressed in black who, from what I can tell, have more in common with the Right's anti-government hysteria, and have yet to kill anyone. Shapiro just disingenuously equates Muslim terrorists with "the Left" in an effort to even the scales. But that's bogus. Show me examples of people wearing Obama "Hope" Shirts while gunning down conservatives or Obama critics.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18