Praise to the Man!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Praise to the Man!

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:34 pm
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:12 pm

Troll hunters aren't the same as Trolls.

Refusing to be played for a fool anymore doesn't make me a "troll hunter." I'm not hunting anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

When you've been the victim of relentless trollish behavior for the past six months you tend to get a sense for what it is that drives them. Creating a moniker pretending to be his own wife is exactly the thing we should expect from a dedicated troll. He's already lied about being a roofer, and I don't believe he's actually married. Mike is in need of constant support from other people which is why he scoured through the board's history to find like minded "Conservatives" and then lured people like Markk back here to provide him with backup. It is also the point of him creating other personas to support himself.

Now you can believe whatever you want, but our refusal to doesn't make us "just like him."
Why did you put quote marks around something that actually isn’t a quote of anything I said? In my opinion, Troll Hunting, which I clarified to Marcus, is just as bad as trolling because both are toxic in online communities. In your hurry to show how smart you are by being the first to spot the troll, You called an ostensible new person a liar and a fraud. Based on nothing other than your own bias.

You’re free to believe whatever you want. That has nothing to do with what you choose to post.
I use quote when something is suspect, which it is in this case. I didn't mean to suggest it was a literal quotation from you, but if you've kinda accused me of being just like him twice in as many days so I figured it was apt.

Based on nothing other than my own biases? No, based on common f--king sense. Good grief. And as I said, if she truly is his wife then she should understand the skepticism given her hubby's idiotic non stop ranting over the past six months.

So we have a troll. The facts are established that he lies about who he is, what he does, and we also know he creates sock puppets to provide himself support. He's been doing this for months.

And suddenly someone pops in to support him claiming to be his wife and we're supposed to just ignore his history?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Why did you put quote marks around something that actually isn’t a quote of anything I said? In my opinion, Troll Hunting, which I clarified to Marcus, is just as bad as trolling because both are toxic in online communities. In your hurry to show how smart you are by being the first to spot the troll, You called an ostensible new person a liar and a fraud. Based on nothing other than your own bias.

You’re free to believe whatever you want. That has nothing to do with what you choose to post.
I use quote when something is suspect, which it is in this case. I didn't mean to suggest it was a literal quotation from you, but if you've kinda accused me of being just like him twice in as many days so I figured it was apt.
I haven’t accused you of that at all. I’ve accused you of helping him divide the community at a time when healing and uniting would be the most effective thing we could do given the very real possibility that the trolling will continue. What I see you doing is opportunistically taking advantage of the events that led Shades to step down to once again tell us all about how you would be a better board administrator than Shades. You made a play to take the board over back when it needed rescuing. And this like the same old thing. And you don’t seem to care about introducing more divisiveness into the community here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:57 pm
What I see you doing is opportunistically taking advantage of the events that led Shades to step down to once again tell us all about how you would be a better board administrator than Shades.
Uh, you're off by a mile, because this isn't about me. Sure, my eight year old would be a better board administrator. Shades doesn't do a damn thing except enforce dumb rules like "don't make fun of my Japanese fetish." As we've seen lately, trying to get him to take minimal measures to better the board is like pulling teeth from a pissed off warthog. And then we have to endure a few threads for a couple week dedicated to stroking his wounded ego. You're out of your mind if you think I want to take over the board. When the board was on the verge of collapse (due to Shades' mismanagement and lack of transparency about who actually controls it) I offered to bankroll it and let you guys keep doing what you're doing but you rejected the offer because you were upset about the way I defended my cancer-ridden wife against personal attacks from subgenius and Doc. Facts. You took the side of a couple of guys who called my wife a whore and black-balled me as the real bad guy. As if I were just someone who whimsically doxxes people for no reason. That in itself was a complete stunner to me, but hey, it was what it was and I just rolled with it.
You made a play to take the board over back when it needed rescuing. And this like the same old thing. And you don’t seem to care about introducing more divisiveness into the community here.
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Just ask Gad, I spoke with him over the phone about this several times when no one could get ahold of Shades, and I told him that after that incident you couldn't pay me to take over the board. Why would I want to take over a board with a mod who thinks I'm such a slime? But I was always willing to bankroll it if I could have some say about changing the rules that currently exist.
Mrs. Atlanticmike

Post by Mrs. Atlanticmike »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:29 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:27 pm
by the way, RI, you're point about meeting new people to the board with suspicion is well taken. We should give every new poster the benefit of the doubt.

I'd love to believe that's AM's wife. I would welcome her here, if I thought she... existed.

I generally do take new people at their word. This is a special case, though, I think you could admit.
And if it truly is her, she should be aware of her "husbands" history here and naturally understand why anyone here would be suspicious.
The posting history of my husband is a reflection of yours. He outlined what he had in mind from the start and he never tried to hide his intentions. The only thing he wanted was to engage in meaningful conversation about Mormon and non-Mormon topics without being called a racist or white supremacist.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:57 pm
What I see you doing is opportunistically taking advantage of the events that led Shades to step down to once again tell us all about how you would be a better board administrator than Shades.
Uh, you're off by a mile, because this isn't about me. Sure, my eight year old would be a better board administrator. Shades doesn't do a damn thing except enforce dumb rules like "don't make fun of my Japanese fetish." As we've seen lately, trying to get him to take minimal measures to better the board is like pulling teeth from a pissed off warthog. And then we have to endure a few threads for a couple week dedicated to stroking his wounded ego. You're out of your mind if you think I want to take over the board. When the board was on the verge of collapse (due to Shades' mismanagement and lack of transparency about who actually controls it) I offered to bankroll it and let you guys keep doing what you're doing but you rejected the offer because you were upset about the way I defended my cancer-ridden wife against personal attacks from subgenius and Doc. Facts. You took the side of a couple of guys who called my wife a whore and black-balled me as the real bad guy. As if I were just someone who whimsically doxxes people for no reason. That in itself was a complete stunner to me, but hey, it was what it was and I just rolled with it.
You made a play to take the board over back when it needed rescuing. And this like the same old thing. And you don’t seem to care about introducing more divisiveness into the community here.
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Just ask Gad, I spoke with him over the phone about this several times when no one could get ahold of Shades, and I told him that after that incident you couldn't pay me to take over the board. Why would I want to take over a board with a mod who thinks I'm such a slime? But I was always willing to bankroll it if I could have some say about changing the rules that currently exist.
Cool story, bro. I didn’t take anyone’s side. I did exactly what being a moderator was supposed to do: deleted the personal attacks on a family member. You chose to escalate the conflict in complete disregard of the rules. And we both know how far you took it.

I don’t think you’re slime or scum or whatever. I don’t think you’ve displayed the judgment or the temperament to run this board. That doesn’t mean I think you’re a bad person — it means I don’t trust your judgment.
he/him

K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:29 pm
K Graham wrote:

And if it truly is her, she should be aware of her "husbands" history here and naturally understand why anyone here would be suspicious.
The posting history of my husband is a reflection of yours. He outlined what he had in mind from the start and he never tried to hide his intentions. The only thing he wanted was to engage in meaningful conversation about Mormon and non-Mormon topics without being called a racist or white supremacist.
Sure Mike.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm
People actually believe this is Mike's wife, and not Mike.
The following sentence does feel like a giveaway:
The covert tactics manipulators have used this week to force Dr. Shades to step down are obvious.
The tactics are covert and obvious at the same time? That's quite a trick.
The general diction of the post referred to from 'MrsAtlanticmike', and the sentiments expressed there and in her more recent 'all my husband wanted was not to be called a white supremacist' post, are both highly reminiscent of him, and on that basis I would say two things:

1. It is likely that Atlanticmike has been suspended or banned. As always, ordinary posters have no way to be sure of that. But if he never reappears, that would be an obvious explanation.

2. I do on the whole tend to think that 'MrsAtlanticmike' is a sock puppet of Atlanticmike.

However, so long as the person posting as MrsAtlanticmike' does not start doing the things that AM did do disrupt this board (and he did them big-time and long-term), I have no great objection to reading 'her posts', if she feels she has something to say. If she just goes on about how nice her husband is, and how sad it is that he was mistreated, then so long as she does not keep derailing posts to say such things, that will not be very interesting, but it will not be much of a problem.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

I'd also (to get back on topic) like to repeat my gratitude to Dr Shades for creating and maintaining this board.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:43 pm
Cool story, bro. I didn’t take anyone’s side. I did exactly what being a moderator was supposed to do: deleted the personal attacks on a family member. You chose to escalate the conflict in complete disregard of the rules. And we both know how far you took it.
Um, I remember like it was yesterday and it sure as hell felt like you took a side. I'd reference it if everything from 2018-2019 wasn't lost to us.

After reading what he said about my wife, you said Doc's behavior was wrong but you didn't get upset about it because Doc, once upon a time, stated that when he's attacked he "goes nuclear war" or whatever. That made all the difference for you for whatever reason. Hell, most kids "go nuclear" when they get upset. So what? On the other hand, you made it clear my actions were absolutely inexcusable no matter what the circumstances were, and you went on to elaborate in detail how you could not participate on the forum if I were to be the administrator because I can't be trusted. You repeated this numerous times. You got a couple others to follow suit after the offending remarks about my wife were conveniently scrubbed so anyone jumping into the discussion wouldn't have any frame of reference as to how it all played out. All they hear is KG wants to be the admin while he's actively investigating and doxxing people. That's not exactly the "temperament of an moderator" either, but you definitely took sides.

The fact is I didn't investigate anyone, but I received two random PMs from two different posters who shared with me the personal history of both individuals who were attacking my wife. I even provided screenshots of the PMs to prove it, and I invited the mods to dip into my PM box to verify that fact. The only reason I shared that information with them was to send the message that I know who they are, so they better stop attacking my wife. And you know what? It worked. But then you jumped in and made a big stink over my unforgiveable sin of "betraying trust" of the forum or whatever.

A simple rule prohibiting the disparaging of family members while making the punishment a ban, would have easily taken care of this issue. But you know, Shades has to have his "free speech" utopia.
Last edited by K Graham on Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:29 pm
K Graham wrote:

If that is the only thing he wanted, then why didn’t he do it? Common sense says that one does not strike up a conversation with a group of strangers by attacking them and being antagonistic toward them from the very beginning. Out of his many posts to date, he made only a couple of attempts to actually engage in meaningful conversation. His best was likely his hallways post, in which I don’t believe anyone called him a racist or white supremacist. From that I conclude that he’s fully capable of having meaningful conversations here, but he’s made a deliberate choice not to do so. That’s too bad, but it is 100% his choice.

When you want to strike up a meaningful conversation with someone, do you start by calling them cockroaches and announcing your intent to exterminate them? I’ll bet you don’t. I’ll bet you exercise ordinary, common politeness. Or likely better than that. Your husband didn’t do that. He declared war on the folks here before he ever posted. That was his decision, and it was the exact wrong way to elicit a meaningful conversation. If that was his sole intent, he sabotaged himself for months.

I’d bet he doesn’t act that way when he wants to have a meaningful conversation in real life.
he/him