Praise to the Man!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Praise to the Man!

Post by K Graham »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:29 pm
The posting history of my husband is a reflection of yours. He outlined what he had in mind from the start and he never tried to hide his intentions. The only thing he wanted was to engage in meaningful conversation about Mormon and non-Mormon topics without being called a racist or white supremacist.
The best way to do that is to not be a racist. Here is your initial introduction to the forum:
Hello, I'm new here. I found this forum after listening to a podcast yesterday and thought I would check you guys out. I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and have really liked what I've been reading so far. I'm an active Mormon but really don't mind different points of view, most of my friends are non Mormons and a large portion of my family isn't Mormon. But, I gotta ask, what's up with the hatred for Mormons? Is this forum for people to vent and talk about what's wrong with Mormonism for the most part? If it is that's fine, people need to be able to talk about their struggles, that's healthy, just asking so I know what I'm getting myself into
Where did you elaborate on your intention to troll here?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm
People actually believe this is Mike's wife, and not Mike.

The saga continues.

SMH.
No, see her hand:

Everyone, meet MrsAtlanticmike.

I kid because I can.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:02 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:43 pm
Cool story, bro. I didn’t take anyone’s side. I did exactly what being a moderator was supposed to do: deleted the personal attacks on a family member. You chose to escalate the conflict in complete disregard of the rules. And we both know how far you took it.
Um, I remember like it was yesterday and it sure as hell felt like you took a side. I'd reference it if everything from 2018-2019 wasn't lost to us.

After reading what he said about my wife, you said Doc's behavior was wrong but you didn't get upset about it because Doc, once upon a time, stated that when he's attacked he "goes nuclear war" or whatever. That made all the difference for you for whatever reason. Hell, most kids "go nuclear" when they get upset. So what? On the other hand, you made it clear my actions were absolutely inexcusable no matter what the circumstances were, and you went to to elaborate how you could not participate on the forum if I were to be the administrator because I can't be trusted. You repeated this numerous times. You got a couple others to follow suit after the offending remarks about my wife were conveniently scrubbed so anyone jumping into the discussion wouldn't have any frame of reference as to how it all played out. All they hear is KG wants to be the admin while he's actively investigating and doxxing people. That's not exactly the "temperament of an moderator" either, but you definitely took sides.

The fact is I didn't investigate anyone, but I received two random PMs from two different posters who shared with me the personal history of both individuals who were attacking my wife. I even provided screenshots of the PMs to prove it, and I invited the mods to dip into my PM box to verify that fact. The only reason I shared that information with them was to send the message that I know who they are, so they better stop attacking my wife. And you know what? It worked. But then you jumped in and made a big stink over my unforgiveable sin of "betraying trust" of the forum or whatever.
I don’t think those posts are lost. And the statements about your wife were not conveniently scrubbed. They were deleted, which is how we handle such attacks. Because they are not allowed in any forum, we can’t move them — we delete them.

What else did we delete? The post of yours that was inexcusable. I saw it on the board before it was deleted. And while you are happy to engage in revisionist history, you always leave that part out.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:17 pm
Praise to the man who communed with Maverick!
Jersey Girl anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last Perfume Album,
Cranks shall excoriate him, and so let's have a beer.

Praise to his memory, he lived as a moderator;
Honored and blest be his ever great name!
Long shall his blood, tested for poppy seeds,
Drives on I-15 while the earth revolves again.

Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of the forums;
Two must atone for the blood of that man.
Wake up the world for the conflict of justice.
Millions shall know “Brother Shades” once again.
Love it. This is some of your best work, Moksha.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:38 pm
Gadianton and a few others were doing all that work in the background and even with their efforts to transfer the data, many years of discussions were completely lost to us.
False.

As I told you in another post, ALL the years' long discussions were transferred to this board after the board itself was underway. I even provided you a link to view them.

In any case, you are derailing the thread from the first page and now I have cooperated with it. Hopefully mods will see fit to split the thread as they have time.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm
I don’t think those posts are lost.
Then where are they? The original hyperlink to that thread is defunct.
And the statements about your wife were not conveniently scrubbed.
They were deleted by someone, but you didn't read them until after you had passed judgment on me for doxxing. I remember quite vividly telling myself, "RI is pissed, and I get it, but just wait until he reads what was said about my wife." I'm not sure you ever read it. I tried explaining what was said and you excused it because he warned people he does things like that sometimes. So that made it more tolerable I guess.
They were deleted, which is how we handle such attacks. Because they are not allowed in any forum, we can’t move them — we delete them.
Of course. But I wasn't sure if you actually read the remarks because you had nothing to say about them. You reserved all your energy for lambasting me for being unworthy of the forum's trust! And their remarks were only removed after they reported me for "doxxing." The fact is you were not going to do anything to prevent these guys from attacking my wife because you couldn't. You can't ban people on this forum and they'll just keep doing it until you get tired of deleting their comments. The fact is people act differently while posting anonymously which is why I did what I did. But yeah, I'm biased. I love my wife. I was emotional about it, whereas you folks didn't really seem to give a sh-t.
What else did we delete? The post of yours that was inexcusable. I saw it on the board before it was deleted. And while you are happy to engage in revisionist history, you always leave that part out.
How does this change the fact that you clearly took a side by railing into me without even addressing the other two directly about their offenses? At least you didn't do so publicly, and certainly not in a way to put them down.
Mrs. Atlanticmike

Post by Mrs. Atlanticmike »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:44 pm
Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:29 pm

The posting history of my husband is a reflection of yours. He outlined what he had in mind from the start and he never tried to hide his intentions. The only thing he wanted was to engage in meaningful conversation about Mormon and non-Mormon topics without being called a racist or white supremacist.
Sure Mike.
On a thread that was meant to build Dr. Shades up, you now have multiple post dedicated to tearing him down. Are you trying to ruin his stellar reputation?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:44 pm
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:44 pm

Sure Mike.
On a thread that was meant to build Dr. Shades up, you now have multiple post dedicated to tearing him down. Are you trying to ruin his stellar reputation?
Oh so now I'm the bad guy? I sat idly by while others here had conniption fits about your "husband" and they criticized Shades profusely. Anyway, how would you know how "stellar" his reputation is? You're the "wife" of some troll who only recently showed up after the board had been operating for decades. And more importantly, what have I said to diminish that? Nothing. I speak of Shades the way I would've any brother or friend who simply isn't doing a good job. I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend he's doing awesome just to get a round of applause from the forum.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:25 pm
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:38 pm
Gadianton and a few others were doing all that work in the background and even with their efforts to transfer the data, many years of discussions were completely lost to us.
False.

As I told you in another post, ALL the years' long discussions were transferred to this board after the board itself was underway. I even provided you a link to view them.

In any case, you are derailing the thread from the first page and now I have cooperated with it. Hopefully mods will see fit to split the thread as they have time.
This is a tangent from the first page response to Kish. Not a derail. And I have no recollection of any link that provides ALL the discussions ever had on the board. Not saying you didn't provide, only that I don't remember. Not even sure how that would work as a hyperlink to thousands of threads. The search engine is useless. Unable to search anything by poster because all the poster names pre-2020 aren't recognized.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm
I don’t think those posts are lost.
Then where are they? The original hyperlink to that thread is defunct.
And the statements about your wife were not conveniently scrubbed.
They were deleted by someone, but you didn't read them until after you had passed judgment on me for doxxing. I remember quite vividly telling myself, "RI is pissed, and I get it, but just wait until he reads what was said about my wife." I'm not sure you ever read it. I tried explaining what was said and you excused it because he warned people he does things like that sometimes. So that made it more tolerable I guess.
They were deleted, which is how we handle such attacks. Because they are not allowed in any forum, we can’t move them — we delete them.
Of course. But I wasn't sure if you actually read the remarks because you had nothing to say about them. You reserved all your energy for lambasting me for being unworthy of the forum's trust! And their remarks were only removed after they reported me for "doxxing." The fact is you were not going to do anything to prevent these guys from attacking my wife because you couldn't. You can't ban people on this forum and they'll just keep doing it until you get tired of deleting their comments. The fact is people act differently while posting anonymously which is why I did what I did. But yeah, I'm biased. I love my wife. I was emotional about it, whereas you folks didn't really seem to give a sh-t.
How does this change the fact that you clearly took a side by railing into me without even addressing the other two directly about their offenses? At least you didn't do so publicly, and certainly not in a way to put them down.
The hyperlink has to be slightly edited. I’ll look it up when I’m home and not on my phone. I’ll split this into a thread and we can go through it blow by blow, so to speak.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.