Praise to the Man!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Praise to the Man!

Post by Moksha »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:25 pm
A couple years ago when me and several others were trying to salvage the board, I got the sense that some of them were kinda surprised to know you were never the official owner.
Not too surprising considering this has frequently been referred to as the Shades board. What's a poster to think?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:02 am
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Shades doesn't do a damn thing except enforce dumb rules like "don't make fun of my Japanese fetish."
I can't believe I'm revealing this in public, 'cause I was hoping to see how long it'd take before someone figured it out, but that rule is a lighthearted joke meant to get a chuckle by throwing the reader for an unexpected loop. I never meant to actually enforce it.

:: mod team quietly un-bans 27 people for violating UR 12 ::

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:02 am
K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Shades doesn't do a damn thing except enforce dumb rules like "don't make fun of my Japanese fetish."
I can't believe I'm revealing this in public, 'cause I
was hoping to see how long it'd take before someone figured it out, but that rule is a lighthearted joke meant to get a chuckle by throwing the reader for an unexpected loop. I never meant to actually enforce it.
I can't believe you had to reveal this in public, as I thought it was apparent from the moment I joined. Like Cassius University, I've considered it part of the quirky charm of this place. And I had a blast being part of the whole thing by actually going to a Perfume concert -- something I would never had done but for UR 12 and Perfume posts and happy birthday's. Lighthearted fun seems hard to come by these days and enjoyed for what it is.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:25 pm

Aside from Res' insinuation that I've been trying to pull a coup d'etat to take over your board, I'm not at all emotional about this.
And for that, I apologize. I'd just got done posting about how I was angry at the world, and should have known to walk away from the keyboard rather than use you as a whipping boy.

I'm sorry.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:33 pm
I can't believe you had to reveal this in public, as I thought it was apparent from the moment I joined.
I’m thinking that Kev is more perturbed that UR 12 represents unseriousness in the midst of not attending to actual rule violations, or something like that. He should correct any bad assumptions on my part, of course. But I’d have a hard time imagining that anyone saw UR 12 as anything other than how you characterized it.

Lighthearted fun seems hard to come by these days and enjoyed for what it is.
Lightheartedness wins the day, in my opinion. I’m not looking forward to death, but when it happens, I want to greet it - and depart my mortal bonds - with a wisecrack.

In the meantime, you now know why I seem so irreverent at times here. : D
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Wait... Shades is now admitting that the whole Perfume thing was a joke?

That is the greatest practical joke ever perpetrated on me. I thought he was serious.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:30 pm

That is the greatest practical joke ever perpetrated on me. I thought he was serious.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:36 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
What? I'm genuinely impressed.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It occurs to me now that every time I gave Shades a little crap about Perfume, he was likely laughing his ass off at me for taking him seriously on this score.

Shades has always been a bit of an enigma to me. He's a hard guy to read. I think this admission is the greatest thing I've ever read from him.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:03 pm
It occurs to me now that every time I gave Shades a little crap about Perfume, he was likely laughing his ass off at me for taking him seriously on this score.

Shades has always been a bit of an enigma to me. He's a hard guy to read. I think this admission is the greatest thing I've ever read from him.
I would have to agree. The otherwise dense, smilie and acronym-hating, non-linear post-moving board management was all a long game in setting up a light-hearted joke about veneration of an official board J-Pop band with an official rule and everything? Did not see that coming.

;)

Truth is, I didn't ever think anyone would be moderated for it but it wasn't like it was signaled to be a joke, either. I don't buy it. One doesn't amend the constitution as a gag.