K Graham

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

K Graham

Post by Jersey Girl »

The archived old threads for Paradise Forum begin on page 38 of this forum. Some have been moved forward as they have been bumped up but the bulk of them begins here: viewforum.php?f=7&start=925

Every forum has archived threads that were carried over from the previous broken board.

If you want to search for a particular thread, someone shared that you use the advanced search feature as follows.

Let's say you recall a thread and a certain word that was used in a post such as "dirtbag". :lol: And you think that I posted it in Paradise.

So...you search on the word just like this: *dirtbag
And user name just like this: *Jersey Girl

Then select the Paradise Forum below that field.

It should bring up every instance wherein I might have used the word "dirtbag" including the archived posts from the old broken board.

You are welcome and happy digging!

:lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Re: K Graham

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:49 am
If you want to search for a particular thread, someone shared that you use the advanced search feature as follows. …
; )
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I appreciate the effort Jersey Girl, but the problem is that none of the threads that have been archived are actually searchable. Which, makes them effectively useless to anyone but the Rain Man.

For instance, look on the first thread on page 38 where the archives begin. Then click on the last post by canpakes and you'll notice he uses the word "effectiveness."

When you input this data (*effectiveness/*canpakes/Spirit Paradise) into the search engine this post should pop up, right? But instead we get only hits from now to the time the board switched over in November 2020: search.php?keywords=*effectiveness&term ... mit=Search
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Well I have found plenty using that technique. Nobody likes you, K Graham.

:lol:
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Just sayin.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:17 am
Just sayin.

Me too. :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

K Graham wrote:
Just sayin.
I’ve noticed that my own searches do not return the number of results as past attempts have, using the same parameters. Maybe something has changed since I mentioned the ‘asterix’ option to Jersey Girl.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I've tried finding past threads with no success, but I'm inputting the data correctly because it always gives me hits, but nothing earlier than Nov 2020.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:21 am
K Graham wrote:
Just sayin.
I’ve noticed that my own searches do not return the number of results as past attempts have, using the same parameters. Maybe something has changed since I mentioned the ‘asterix’ option to Jersey Girl.

I used it for a post perhaps a week ago when I dredged up posts about thread starter rights.

Did you break the board, canpakes?

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I know for a fact we discussed the Breonna Taylor tragedy when it happened years ago, but the search engine pulls up 34 hits for *Breonna, but nothing earlier than last week.