K Graham

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Re: K Graham

Post by Xenophon »

At one point you DEFINITELY could look up the older posters because I was able to review some of my older posts, I'm not sure what happened to the indexing.

That said I still have had some luck with using the site search function on google (or any other engine of your choice) to find some older posts. Below is a link to slamming "site:https://discussmormonism.com Kishapalooza" into the google machine and the one result it returns.

The search link.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:27 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:25 am
I don't know how great the search is, I haven't used it much, but it does basically work, including on the old database.

I just tried this same kind of test three times. Terrestrial goes back 1334 pages. I pick one of those last pages and look for an unusual word. On page 1333 Mister Scratch had a post with the word "dismaying" in it. I go to search Terrestrial for the word "dismaying" and that post and several others come up instantly.
You cannot search anything from any specific poster earlier than 2020. All the usernames prior to 2020 are in bold black with an underscore in front.
You can if you have an old link. For example, I knew drW had a thread about spiritual experiences and neuroscience.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147259&sid=b0251975 ... d09fc602a6

at that thread, you can’t click on the OP’s name to search their posts BUT you can click on blue link that is their post count, underneath the name in black, to bring up a list of all posts authored by that old username.

For example, _drW has the blue link “posts: 7222” , clicking on that brings up this

search.php?author_id=27197&sr=posts&sid ... d09fc602a6

It’s a list of 7210 posts authored by _drW. Still a pain to search, but at least you have “jump to this post” links for all of their posts that were saved.

Clicking on the first post brings up a thread that a lot of other old names in black participated in, showing their post count blue links, as well as blue links for old topics, so you can work your way back, sort of.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:03 pm
K Graham wrote:

You cannot search anything from any specific poster earlier than 2020. All the usernames prior to 2020 are in bold black with an underscore in front.
You can if you have an old link. For example, I knew drW had a thread about spiritual experiences and neuroscience.

at that thread, you can’t click on the OP’s name to search their posts BUT you can click on blue link that is their post count, underneath the name in black, to bring up a list of all posts authored by that old username.

For example, _drW has the blue link “posts: 7222” , clicking on that brings up this

It’s a list of 7210 posts authored by _drW. Still a pain to search, but at least you have “jump to this post” links for all of their posts that were saved.

Clicking on the first post brings up a thread that a lot of other old names in black participated in, showing their post count blue links, as well as blue links for old topics, so you can work your way back, sort of.
Marcus, for clarification. Were you able to search for and find that first link, or had you bookmarked or saved it?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:51 pm
Marcus wrote:

Marcus, for clarification. Were you able to search for and find that first link, or had you bookmarked or saved it?
I had the link, but, if you go to any page well into Terrestrial (I think jersey said 38) you start seeing names in black in the “last post” column.

So, for example, on page 41, you’re the last poster in a thread, if you open the thread the blue link under your last post is this:

search.php?author_id=41705&sr=posts

That contains 10,142 of your “_Res Ipsa” posts.

It’s awkward, I know, but better than nothing.

I also have a lot of old links saved to threads I liked on the old board, so I can usually use one of them to find just about anything, I’m happy to help search if someone needs something.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Page 38 in Paradise.

I didn't look through Terrestrial so I don't know where they begin there.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Marcus wrote:
K Graham wrote:

I’ve been able to bring up my own older posts with a slightly different method … but this search needs to be done from the index page, using advanced search. Don’t access search via any subforum page.

I search by author, using *canpakes (add the asterisk in front of your chosen screen name, KG, as you have a few).

Then, choose either Mormon or Non-Mormon headings for forum selections, and enable ‘search sub forums’.

You can’t search within those results via this site’s tools, but what will help you scan the contents of the returned list will be to increase the number of characters per post to more than the default of 300. Doubling that, or using the max of 1000, will let you grab a large chunk of the post. With that, you can use CTRL F or your cellphone’s search bar to search the contents of that whole page listing for specific words.

So, ‘a page’s worth of posts at a time’ can be searched, anyway. A bit clumsy, but it works.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thanks, Marcus. It's a little klutzy, but it works.

It enabled me to find the thread Kevin was looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153641
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm
Thanks, Marcus. It's a little klutzy, but it works.

It enabled me to find a thread Kevin was looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153641

And it can be left as an exercise for the reader to determine the accuracy of Kevin's memory, especially as he described it in this recent post:
Kevin Graham wrote:Um, I remember like it was yesterday and it sure as hell felt like you took a side. I'd reference it if everything from 2018-2019 wasn't lost to us.

After reading what he said about my wife, you said Doc's behavior was wrong but you didn't get upset about it because Doc, once upon a time, stated that when he's attacked he "goes nuclear war" or whatever. That made all the difference for you for whatever reason. Hell, most kids "go nuclear" when they get upset. So what? On the other hand, you made it clear my actions were absolutely inexcusable no matter what the circumstances were, and you went on to elaborate in detail how you could not participate on the forum if I were to be the administrator because I can't be trusted. You repeated this numerous times. You got a couple others to follow suit after the offending remarks about my wife were conveniently scrubbed so anyone jumping into the discussion wouldn't have any frame of reference as to how it all played out. All they hear is KG wants to be the admin while he's actively investigating and doxxing people. That's not exactly the "temperament of an moderator" either, but you definitely took sides.

The fact is I didn't investigate anyone, but I received two random PMs from two different posters who shared with me the personal history of both individuals who were attacking my wife. I even provided screenshots of the PMs to prove it, and I invited the mods to dip into my PM box to verify that fact. The only reason I shared that information with them was to send the message that I know who they are, so they better stop attacking my wife. And you know what? It worked. But then you jumped in and made a big stink over my unforgiveable sin of "betraying trust" of the forum or whatever.

A simple rule prohibiting the disparaging of family members while making the punishment a ban, would have easily taken care of this issue. But you know, Shades has to have his "free speech" utopia.
[boldface added]
he/him

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:40 pm
Marcus wrote:

I’ve been able to bring up my own older posts with a slightly different method … but this search needs to be done from the index page, using advanced search. Don’t access search via any subforum page.

I search by author, using *canpakes (add the asterisk in front of your chosen screen name, KG, as you have a few).

Then, choose either Mormon or Non-Mormon headings for forum selections, and enable ‘search sub forums’.

You can’t search within those results via this site’s tools, but what will help you scan the contents of the returned list will be to increase the number of characters per post to more than the default of 300. Doubling that, or using the max of 1000, will let you grab a large chunk of the post. With that, you can use CTRL F or your cellphone’s search bar to search the contents of that whole page listing for specific words.

So, ‘a page’s worth of posts at a time’ can be searched, anyway. A bit clumsy, but it works.
Thanks, it’s good to know another method!

I think the max is “all available” not 1000, but yes, I’ve done that page by page control-F too. Understandably, I felt it very keenly when for some reason posts per page went from 20 to 10 a while back. :evil:
Black Moclips
Nursery

Post by Black Moclips »

It's super easy to find a K Graham thread. Just go to MSNBC, HUFFPOST, CNN or Politico and search for whatever you like. Most of his copied headlines and commentary are already there.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.