K Graham

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: K Graham

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm
Thanks, Marcus. It's a little klutzy, but it works.

It enabled me to find a thread Kevin was looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153641
That isn't the thread I was looking for. The incident I'm alluding to happened sometime in 2018 or 2020 at the latest when I was posting as Hawkeye. Your link is from 2020 when I was Icarus. Why can't you find that thread?

But is this the thread where I supposedly "made a play to take the board over back when it needed rescuing" as you said?
Last edited by K Graham on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:40 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:03 pm

You can if you have an old link. For example, I knew drW had a thread about spiritual experiences and neuroscience.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147259&sid=b0251975 ... d09fc602a6

at that thread, you can’t click on the OP’s name to search their posts BUT you can click on blue link that is their post count, underneath the name in black, to bring up a list of all posts authored by that old username.

For example, _drW has the blue link “posts: 7222” , clicking on that brings up this

search.php?author_id=27197&sr=posts&sid ... d09fc602a6

It’s a list of 7210 posts authored by _drW. Still a pain to search, but at least you have “jump to this post” links for all of their posts that were saved.

Clicking on the first post brings up a thread that a lot of other old names in black participated in, showing their post count blue links, as well as blue links for old topics, so you can work your way back, sort of.
I’ve been able to bring up my own older posts with a slightly different method … but this search needs to be done from the index page, using advanced search. Don’t access search via any subforum page.

I search by author, using *canpakes (add the asterisk in front of your chosen screen name, KG, as you have a few).

Then, choose either Mormon or Non-Mormon headings for forum selections, and enable ‘search sub forums’.

You can’t search within those results via this site’s tools, but what will help you scan the contents of the returned list will be to increase the number of characters per post to more than the default of 300. Doubling that, or using the max of 1000, will let you grab a large chunk of the post. With that, you can use CTRL F or your cellphone’s search bar to search the contents of that whole page listing for specific words.

So, ‘a page’s worth of posts at a time’ can be searched, anyway. A bit clumsy, but it works.

I'm at the board index page, I go into advanced search, and I type in *nuclear.

It brings up 52 pages or 520 hits. The most recent 250 hits come from the past two years. Then there is a twelve year gap of NOTHING. On page 25 it goes from Nov 7, 2020 to May 8, 2020. Am I supposed to believe no one used that word for more than a decade, or are we missing discussions?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:46 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm
Thanks, Marcus. It's a little klutzy, but it works.

It enabled me to find a thread Kevin was looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153641
That isn't the thread I was looking for. The incident I'm alluding to happened sometime in 2018 or 2020 at the latest when I was posting as Hawkeye. Your link is from 2020 when I was Icarus. Why can't you find that thread?

But is this the thread where I supposedly "made a play to take the board over back when it needed rescuing" as you said?
Yes. It is also the thread that you "remember like it was yesterday" about which you said:
On the other hand, you made it clear my actions were absolutely inexcusable no matter what the circumstances were, and you went on to elaborate in detail how you could not participate on the forum if I were to be the administrator because I can't be trusted. You repeated this numerous times. You got a couple others to follow suit after the offending remarks about my wife were conveniently scrubbed so anyone jumping into the discussion wouldn't have any frame of reference as to how it all played out. All they hear is KG wants to be the admin while he's actively investigating and doxxing people.
In fact, I entered the discussion on page 22 after watching you offering excuse after excuse to justify multiple instances of revealing confidential information when you felt you justified in doing so. It's also false that I "got a couple of others to follow suit." I also made two significant posts on that topic, and then turned to discussing alternatives for saving the board.

If I read that thread correctly, you had already offered to purchase the board from its owner and planned to run it under your set of rules. It was a complete surprise to me, and it appeared to be to others as well. I spoke up after being convinced by your own conduct in the first 21 pages of that thread that I didn't think you had the temperament and judgment necessary to run this board.

I'm not sure I was a moderator when the incident with Cam occurred, but I was during the incident with Subgenius. In fact, I'm 90% sure I was the moderator who deleted portions of Subgenus's posts. And, yes, in my opinion, the way you retaliated by trying to intimidate Subgenius by posting information about him that he did not make public here and ultimately threatening to show up in real life and physically assault him was, in my opinion, inexcusable. But you always try to lay off your own bad behavior on someone else. Same with Doc -- posting the information that you posted was inexcusable, as is the fact that you continue to refer to it. And, no, you don't get to hide behind your wife as an excuse, even if she had cancer at the time. Should either poster in question have posted things about your wife and kids as part of the mudslinging battles you got into with other posters? No. Should the offending portions of the posts been removed? Yes. Were they? Yes. Were those few posts a get out of jail free card for you to exact revenge by posting private information here and threatening to assault someone? They sure shouldn't have been.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Again, im referring to the original threads, seemingly lost to us, in which Doc went after my fam. Why can't you find it? I don't remember if you were a mod or not, but that's not really the point. My point was the way you focused your outrage on me but had little to say about the guys who did what they did. You said I made "excuse after excuse" as if there were more than one. My only "excuse" was to ensure the removal of their posts as well as to guarantee they never repeat them. And it worked.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:40 pm

I’ve been able to bring up my own older posts with a slightly different method … but this search needs to be done from the index page, using advanced search. Don’t access search via any subforum page.

I search by author, using *canpakes (add the asterisk in front of your chosen screen name, KG, as you have a few).

Then, choose either Mormon or Non-Mormon headings for forum selections, and enable ‘search sub forums’.

You can’t search within those results via this site’s tools, but what will help you scan the contents of the returned list will be to increase the number of characters per post to more than the default of 300. Doubling that, or using the max of 1000, will let you grab a large chunk of the post. With that, you can use CTRL F or your cellphone’s search bar to search the contents of that whole page listing for specific words.

So, ‘a page’s worth of posts at a time’ can be searched, anyway. A bit clumsy, but it works.

I'm at the board index page, I go into advanced search, and I type in *nuclear.

It brings up 52 pages or 520 hits. The most recent 250 hits come from the past two years. Then there is a twelve year gap of NOTHING. On page 25 it goes from Nov 7, 2020 to May 8, 2020. Am I supposed to believe no one used that word for more than a decade, or are we missing discussions?

You’re correct; discussions on the previous board between 2008 - 2020 (more or less) aren’t discoverable by keywords. What I’m describing above involves bringing up posts by a particular member using that member’s name (not keywords), then having to either manually scan the results or use the standard CRTL F command to filter results page by page.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:11 pm
Again, im referring to the original threads, seemingly lost to us, in which Doc went after my fam. Why can't you find it? I don't remember if you were a mod or not, but that's not really the point. My point was the way you focused your outrage on me but had little to say about the guys who did what they did. You said I made "excuse after excuse" as if there were more than one. My only "excuse" was to ensure the removal of their posts as well as to guarantee they never repeat them. And it worked.
RI wasn't a mod at the time. Only Shades was. The board was too broken to do anything with the posts in question.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

What exactly are you looking for KG? The subgenius exchanges re: your wife?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Because. Neither. of. them. were. offering. to. buy. and. run. the. board. The posts in question were removed. You didn't need to do anything to "ensure" that they were. And you once again demonstrated that you will throw confidentiality under the bus when you decide on your own that it is justified. You not only keep digging, you don't even see the hole.

I was trying out Marcus's method, and the thread I linked to popped up because it was recent.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:09 am
What exactly are you looking for KG? The subgenius exchanges re: your wife?
I recall two. One that involved something like "stepford children" and one that involved "mail order bride." To my best recollection, those occurred around May of 2018. That seems to be what he's talking about.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:53 pm
K Graham wrote:
RI wasn't a mod at the time. Only Shades was. The board was too broken to do anything with the posts in question.
Correct. I wasn't a mod at the time of the Doc incident. It's possible I was still on my board break. I was a moderator during the Subgenius incident. The board was functioning at that time and the language he complained about was removed. Sometimes he describes the removal as if it were some kind of plot and sometimes he says it didn't happen fast enough.
he/him