The Radicalization of a Message Board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: The Radicalization of a Message Board

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:26 pm
I love the idea of me as a 'radical'!
Maybe she came to this conclusion about the board after seeing this recent group photo of the Mod team.
Attachments
620F872A-6930-4431-8FB9-499062449373.jpeg
620F872A-6930-4431-8FB9-499062449373.jpeg (151.86 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:14 pm
Chap wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:26 pm
I love the idea of me as a 'radical'!
Maybe she came to this conclusion about the board after seeing this recent group photo of the Mod team.
Dammit Canpakes. I thought we agreed to burn that.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:14 am
canpakes wrote:

Not until you share where you got those fly sunglasses, Ipsy.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:14 am
canpakes wrote:

R.I.P. "what happens in mod forum stays in mod forum"
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:46 am
Not until you share where you got those fly sunglasses, Ipsy.
Umm, you see a guy wearing shades and assume it's . . . Res Ipsa??
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

The question I would still like to see Atlanticmike answer is: why is he so terrified of change, progress and honest diversity of opinion?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:28 pm
It is not true what my husband says about DiscussMormonism being taken over by progressives. I have many Progressive friends who would never act as these radical leftist do. Despite my husband's presence, this board was radicalized before he arrived, and the radicals have been controlling the narrative for several years now. Any view that does not coincide with the radical narrative will be labeled as being "trollish." After that, the radicals will set up a hit squad to get rid of the dissenting opinion and the "troll."
As Dr. Shades called Mike, he is the canary in the coal mine that is DiscussMormonism. Anybody who will listen will hear him warning that the board is suffering from a leftist radicalization. There is no fault on the board founder, there is fault on the radical leftists who took advantage of UR#1. That, Mike guessed correctly. A progressive friend I asked to read through some of the Spirit Paradise threads said that, despite Mike acting like a jerk, which she's used to, she recognized the radical narrative that dominated the forum. She and I do not agree much except on how to raise our children, but now we both agree that this board is becoming what Mike likes to call an echo chamber because of its radicalization. My question is for the radicals Marcus, Jersey Girl, Kevin, Doc Cam and Schmo, why not respect Dr. Shade's wishes and start allowing posters to express their opinions without labeling them "trolls?"
Awesome post. But I think progressivism is definitely the problem, not radicalism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:30 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:26 pm
There isn't a situation. There is bad behavior and choices that could avert them but not chosing to do so. But that's not a situation. That's juvenile behavior.
Since posting this thread yesterday, I've been personally attacked six times in the past 24hrs.
I have only seen three reports, which were all based on the posts being off topic. I have not seen any based on personal attack. If you think a post has violated FR 2, please report it and we’ll take a look.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:41 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:37 pm

Um, I think I know what you look like. I'm actually petite and I'm pretty sure you could bench press me. Anyway, there is no excuse for speaking on anyone's legitimate self disclosed medical condition unless it is in support. Surely not in an effort to demean them.
I agree, and I've never complained about it because:

1) I brought it on myself for being dumb enough to talk about it here and
2) Doesn't bother me. I only have one testicle, and I'm still more virile than the douchebags using that and anonymity to attack me.
Yes well, I can't think of a single woman I know (including myself) in real life or on this board who would raise the issue as a way to personally attack and drag a male poster. Perhaps someone who doesn't have so much as a shred of empathy would do that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:57 pm
K Graham wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:41 pm

I agree, and I've never complained about it because:

1) I brought it on myself for being dumb enough to talk about it here and
2) Doesn't bother me. I only have one testicle, and I'm still more virile than the douchebags using that and anonymity to attack me.
Yes well, I can't think of a single woman I know (including myself) in real life or on this board who would raise the issue as a way to personally attack and drag a male poster. Perhaps someone who doesn't have so much as a shred of empathy would do that.
Even if you thought the poster had unfairly attacked JB?
he/him