The Radicalization of a Message Board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Radicalization of a Message Board

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:43 am
Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:28 pm
It is not true what my husband says about DiscussMormonism being taken over by progressives.
Mrs. Atlanticmike, I have to let you know that AtlanticMike and Binger went to Brokeback Mountain.
I have to say that from your beginnings on this board until now, you have grown on me, DT. Your presence here is proof positive that we can agree, disagree, misunderstand each other, even think the other guy is out to lunch on a particular thing, and still continue to engage as individuals which blows every so-called theory the trolls attempted to forward on this board.

You have made yourself a part of this diverse community. You are one of us, DT. I mean that sincerely.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:11 pm
Chap wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:45 am
However, from his desperate creation of socks, I suspect he has been placed under some kind of limitation - perhaps only one post a day, or his posts queued and subject to pre-moderation? This is no doubt difficult for him to bear. Hence his need vent himself by making additional posts under cover of the somewhat transparent subterfuge of "Mike's proctologist", and so on.
If he made a sock claiming to be his proctologist and really tried to play the part, maybe we'd get some insight into his soul. If he has one, his ass is where we'd find it.

I just think it's funny that when he creates a new account, he doesn't have the sense to try to disguise himself. What a maroon.
I'm with ya Bugs. The thing is though, it was kinda entertaining. The broken English guy was especially fun. In this case maybe the moderators could've moderated a little more moderately, you know, just for our amusement purposes. Sucks to be a mod just now I guess.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:08 am

You have made yourself a part of this diverse community. You are one of us, DT. I mean that sincerely.
Thank you Jersey Girl. I really appreciate your words.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:28 am
The question I would still like to see Atlanticmike answer is: why is he so terrified of change, progress and honest diversity of opinion?
Why do you think I’m so terrified of change?
You irrationally reject the findings and consensus of at least 99% of the world's climate scientists that we humans and our addiction to fossil fuels is causing highly problematic climate change and environmental problems that can only get exponentially worse if mankind does nothing to mitigate it and wean itself off of fossil fuels. You seem to adamantly oppose any rational collective or governmental action to address or even encourage developing renewable energy sources, despite the well established extraordinary potential for both economic and environmental benefits, even if global warming really were the hoax you mistakenly believe it to be.

You irrationally oppose the very idea of universal healthcare, despite the fact that study after study in nation after nation have compellingly shown that it drastically reduces the cost of healthcare while providing better service to a larger percentage of the populace.

To be as adamantly opposed to all progressives as you seem to be is equivalent to opposition to the very idea of progress itself, or (apparently) the very possibility that current policies and ways of doing things can be improved upon. I know you will deny this, but many of your comments seem to show you to be highly bigoted and intolerant of others whose honest opinions (no matter how incontrovertible their supporting evidence) differ from yours. Honestly, it seems to me that your accusing us of being the real bigots and racists are more projection than anything else.

Mind you, I am not claiming that all progressive ideas are necessarily good, but one can't fault them for striving to find ever better ideas and ways of doing things. Their honestly held ideas deserve to be honestly considered at least as much as much as the honestly held ideas of conservatives. As I am fond of saying, neither progressives nor conservatives have a monopoly on either good ideas or bad ideas. The worst of conservative ideals are at least as bad as the worst progressive ideals.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:42 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:08 am

Thank you Jersey Girl. I really appreciate your words.
Every board needs at least one polite moron ◔_◔ (DT)
just kidding
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Nomomo wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:09 am
just kidding
Just grab deez
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: