The Boys

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MsJack
Deacon

Re: The Boys

Post by MsJack »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:43 pm
Do you join in the dance?
YES. :D
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

It is an interesting dance to say the least. The show was enjoyable. Also like "The Boys".
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Chap wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:49 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:46 pm
I still have to get around to Don't Look Up, and I'm happy to have my expectations lowered. That seems to be another factor contributing to how much I enjoy something. Some of my best times watching movies came after expecting them to disappoint.
Ignore the reviews and treat it as pure amusement.

There are times when even people so intellectually austere as you and me need to simply watch something to have fun.
I just finished it. I understand what people are saying about it, but I thought it was kind of fun. I didn't find it exactly funny (a couple parts were) but it was amusing. I had fun identifying who they were satirizing from one moment to the next. I also loved the pure bewilderment over the general who charged for free snacks.

I'll also have to check out Peacemaker.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 pm
It is an interesting dance to say the least. The show was enjoyable. Also like "The Boys".
I'm about six episodes in but so far I think Peacemaker is the best superhero show that I've seen in years. Which is surprising, given how nothing about his character in The Suicide Squad made me say, "I really need an entire TV show of this."
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

MsJack wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:46 am
¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 pm
I'm about six episodes in but so far I think Peacemaker is the best superhero show that I've seen in years. Which is surprising, given how nothing about his character in The Suicide Squad made me say, "I really need an entire TV show of this."
I have honestly had no desire to watch Peacemaker, specifically because of the "meh" of watching Suicide Squad. I'm going to give it a shot now. Thank you for the recommendations/thumbs-up for it.

Might make a good one for the wife and I to watch together. I like superhero stuff, and she likes John Cena. Win-win.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:05 pm
Might make a good one for the wife and I to watch together. I like superhero stuff, and she likes John Cena. Win-win.
I hope she's ready for John Cena in his underpants / everything-but-John-Cena's-penis, because that's in the first episode.