Boosie Speaks Truth About Transgender Swimmer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Boosie Speaks Truth About Transgender Swimmer

Post by Atlanticmike »

https://youtu.be/SAXStR_W3oA

Lil Boosie speaks truth concerning the 6’4” Lia Thomas transgender woman overtaking womens swimming. Lia goes from 468th in men’s swimming to 1st in womens swimming. He explains how it’s unfair to all the women who have trained their entire lives too compete, in the end, they have to swim against a man for the title. How far does this go? What happens in ten years when two of three people standing on the podium are transgender women? What if all three are transgender women? Is that equality?
Mrs. Atlanticmike

Re: Boosie Speaks Truth About Transgender Swimmer

Post by Mrs. Atlanticmike »

Mike, as we've discussed before, there is nothing wrong with transgender women competing in women's sports. Take the WNBA for example, it's boring, women can't dunk, they're slow, they're not aggressive, no one wants to watch the WNBA. A transgender woman in the WNBA would make games more thrilling to watch. How exciting would it be if a couple NBA players transitioned and started playing in the WNBA?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Mrs Mike, I remember watching some womens college basketball some forty years ago and thinking a bit of what you mentioned. Women have since learned to play the game. They can be very aggressive and quick. I find them interesting to watch.

I am willing to say that a trans woman having a physical construct formed from their male history would not be a positive addition to women's sports in my view.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I think this kind of rolls into one of the difficulties we have societally with strictly binary genders, sexes, etc. Especially in the realm of competitive sports.

The story of Dutee Chand is an incredibly fascinating (and at times harrowing and depressing) look into the many facets of being a “woman” in sports. Are genitals the marker (should we go back to the demeaning genital inspections of yesteryears)? Chromosomes? Hormone levels?

Obviously, there has to be a metric, and a line, but I think the issues our current setup is running into with transgender individuals wishing to compete in competitive sports, is an indication of our need to reexamine having a tendency towards only having two viable competitive grouping options. I’m certainly not suggesting that we have 100 different groups of competitor groupings, but maybe two isn’t the answer.

Competitive weightlifting, for example, has started to have transgender competitions (albeit small). Janae Kroc (formerly Matt Kroc, who recently transitioned) has competed and judged at a few.

My personal pie-in-the-sky. Have a men’s league and a women’s league both with strict “acceptable” hormone thresholds, drug testing, etc. Then have a men’s league and a women’s league where there are few restrictions on PE drugs, hormone levels, reproductive bits, etc.

It’d cut into the ad revenue and financial profitability of the existing things, but it’d make things a helluva lot more interesting.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:24 pm
Mrs Mike, I remember watching some womens college basketball some forty years ago and thinking a bit of what you mentioned. Women have since learned to play the game. They can be very aggressive and quick. I find them interesting to watch.

I am willing to say that a trans woman having a physical construct formed from their male history would not be a positive addition to women's sports in my view.
Regarding the physical details the OP is incorrect, lia Thomas is not 6’4” she is 5’ 8”. Also, “lil Boosie” is a rapper whose latest endeavor was inspecting female genitalia with a magnifying glass, ON CAMERA. Sadly, I am not kidding in the least. This is a legitimate topic for discussion but again the OP seems to just be trolling with the initial post.

I appreciated your comments about women’s basketball. In my experience, their skill level is phenomenal.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Marcus wrote:...she is 5’ 8”...
I'll have to let my right-wing friend know that. I learned about this from him. He came out in the morning a few days ago all spun up over it. 6'4", 225 pounds. I didn't question it enough to look into it, but that seemed a bit hefty for a swimmer. What I told him is that I totally understand how other competitors don't think it's fair. I would like to know WWTD? How would Donald Trump save competitive sports?

If it does become a trend, and 1st, second, and third are always trans or even just 1st is always trans, well; I'd say the sporting world will have to figure it out. Competitors can vote with their feet and and move on to something else. But not all sports persons are interested in dominating a competition where they know they have an unfair advantage, and so there is no guarantee that this is bound to be a trend. I'd say let the market figure it out over time. One possible outcome along the lines of Steuss is the men's class will become unrestricted. That could light a fire under both women and men competitors.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:43 pm
Also, “lil Boosie” is a rapper whose latest endeavor was inspecting female genitalia with a magnifying glass, ON CAMERA. Sadly, I am not kidding in the least.
Does he need an assistant?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:41 am
Marcus wrote:...she is 5’ 8”...
I'll have to let my right-wing friend know that. I learned about this from him. He came out in the morning a few days ago all spun up over it. 6'4", 225 pounds.

:roll: where do they get this? She’s 5’8”, 132 lbs.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

So last night FOX News starts another culture war and the usual suspects uncritically repeat their mantra even though their facts are wholly made up?

In other news, water is wet.

Why can't she just be really good at her sport? Why do people seek to make excuses for losing? Transgender folks undergo hormone treatments that drastically suppress testosterone levels, but their gripe is that she is a man, therefore has more testosterone>?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I think the Utah Governor’s veto letter puts the entire issue in context. Out of 75,000 students in Utah primary and secondary school’s who participate in sports, four children are transgender and one is participating in girls sports. None are dominating their sport. The original bill that was replaced by one enacting a total ban was, in my opinion, a thoughtful and rational approach.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... -bill-veto
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.