Boosie Speaks Truth About Transgender Swimmer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Boosie does NOT Speak Truth About Transgender Swimmer

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:42 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:18 pm

Try being a sports analyst and mentioning the fact that black people generally have longer limbs compared to the length of their torsos that generally allows them to run faster and jump higher. Try pointing out that Lia Thomas was born a man. You'll be canceled very quickly. You'll be kicked off Twitter and accused of hating black people. You'll be branded a homophobe and a white supremacist.

How do I know? Because I pointed out on this very forum that George Zimmerman didn't have much of a chance trying to outrun Travon Martin.

Your contention is that George Zimmerman wouldn’t be able to outrun Trayvon Martin, because Trayvon was black?

Do you not see the obvious problem with this?
:roll: Ajax has plenty of obvious problems with his comment. Here’s what he actually said:
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:17 pm
He was an innocent young man who was walking home and got shot dead because he looked 'suspicious', i.e. black.
Travon could have walked away. But he saw a short fat territorial Latino and knew he could whip him in a fist fight. How bad do you think Travon intended to hurt Zimmerman for following him and asking who he was? He had him down in MMA style ground and pound with Zimmerman screaming for help. For some reason Travon wasn't street smart enough to realize that Zimmerman could have been armed.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax18
God

Re: Boosie Speaks Truth About Transgender Swimmer

Post by ajax18 »

Your contention is that George Zimmerman wouldn’t be able to outrun Trayvon Martin, because Trayvon was black?
Do you think George Zimmerman could outrun Travon Martin? Does determining whether an individual is male or female require several Phds in biology?

If they can make you believe absurdities, they can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 am
canpakes wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:42 pm

Do you not see the obvious problem with this?
:roll: Ajax has plenty of obvious problems with his comment. Here’s what he actually said:
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Travon could have walked away. But he saw a short fat territorial Latino and knew he could whip him in a fist fight. How bad do you think Travon intended to hurt Zimmerman for following him and asking who he was? He had him down in MMA style ground and pound with Zimmerman screaming for help. For some reason Travon wasn't street smart enough to realize that Zimmerman could have been armed.
Marcus tell me how you found that. That's been 10 years ago now. I thought that was all lost.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Getting back to Lia Thomas, perhaps there could be a special category of trophy for transgender males, so biological females can still get their place at the podium.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 am
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 am

Marcus tell me how you found that. That's been 10 years ago now. I thought that was all lost.
Actually that comment from you was 2021. If you want the 10 year old stuff here’s the thread
_ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2012 2:50 am
Exactly. The spirit of "stand your ground" would seem to give you permission to punch somebody who is coming after you with a gun.
So you're going to try to punch someone coming at you with a gun rather than run? I think it's more likely that Travon was the one coming after George….
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:54 am
Getting back to Lia Thomas, perhaps there could be a special category of trophy for transgender males, so biological females can still get their place at the podium.
Hey, Moksha. Just a note on terminology:

Cis=sex and gender match
Trans=sex and gender don’t match

I’m a cis man
Jersey girl is a cis woman
Lia is a trans woman
The other trans swimmer mentioned in the article is a trans man.

If you use the gendered terms as the person you’re talking about describes themselves, you’ll be using the terminology correctly.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Marcus wrote:where do they get this? She’s 5’8”, 132 lbs.
I checked on my phone while on my walk today -- unfortunately, I didn't see my right-wing friend and so I couldn't ask. Anyway, when searching for "name...height" a wide variety of numbers came up. From sources that looked right-wing (junk news outlets) I saw numbers between 6'1" and 6'3". I'm going to go out on a limb and say my right-wing friend probably heard 6'3", and made it an even 6'4" for effect. I didn't click through all of the links, but one of the links said something like, "judging by appearances, Lia Thomas is at least 6'1" tall."

So I'm gonna say the way the number was arrived at is somebody invented the number based on a typical male height. From there, others kept adding inches for effect. Alternatively, apparently the top guy is 6'4". Turns out I was wrong, and height and speed keep going up together.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 am
Marcus wrote:where do they get this? She’s 5’8”, 132 lbs.
I checked on my phone while on my walk today -- unfortunately, I didn't see my right-wing friend and so I couldn't ask. Anyway, when searching for "name...height" a wide variety of numbers came up. From sources that looked right-wing (junk news outlets) I saw numbers between 6'1" and 6'3". I'm going to go out on a limb and say my right-wing friend probably heard 6'3", and made it an even 6'4" for effect. I didn't click through all of the links, but one of the links said something like, "judging by appearances, Lia Thomas is at least 6'1" tall."

So I'm gonna say the way the number was arrived at is somebody invented the number based on a typical male height. From there, others kept adding inches for effect. Alternatively, apparently the top guy is 6'4". Turns out I was wrong, and height and speed keep going up together.
I agree, the number has great variability, and doesn’t seem based on anything factual. In the end, what does it matter? The initial claim was <gasp!> a SIX foot four man! <gasp!> was infiltrating women’s swimming. The inflammatory commentary is not conducive to a serious discussion. Not that the mike-mrsmike conglomerate has any intent of encouraging that. :roll: ignoring them still seems the best intermediate policy. The long term solution? Banning those whose only intent is to disrupt.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
This is pretty offensive, moksha. What’s your rationale for a policy like this? “Separate But Equal?”
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:35 am
Moksha wrote:
This is pretty offensive, moksha. What’s your rationale for a policy like this? “Separate But Equal?”
How is it offensive?