Confirmation of Trump's Treason

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Confirmation of Trump's Treason

Post by Moksha »

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) says Trump asked him to 'immediately' remove Biden from office and illegally hold a new presidential election.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mo-broo ... ion-2022-3
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
K Graham
God

Re: Confirmation of Trump's Treason

Post by K Graham »

Donald Trump Screwed Over Mo Brooks Like a New Jersey Subcontractor

Mo Brooks of Alabama just joined the ranks of humanity played for suckers by El Caudillo del Mar-a-Lago. In this, poor ol’ Mo joins Mike Pence, Bill Barr, Jeff Sessions, Mitch McConnell, and countless subcontractors all over New Jersey. Poor ol’ Mo sold his soul, and the former president* is now stiffing him on payment. From CNN:
Trump's stunning decision to untether himself from a candidate who became the first Republican congressman to vote against certifying the 2020 election results on January 6, 2021, comes amid several dismissive comments that Brooks recently made about the election. Brooks was booed at a rally last August upon telling the crowd they should look beyond the last presidential contest. And in the last two weeks, he has publicly accused Trump of asking him to break the law by exploring ways to reinstall him as commander-in-chief.

"Mo Brooks of Alabama made a horrible mistake recently when he went 'woke' and stated, referring to the 2020 Presidential Election Scam, 'Put that behind you, put that behind you,'" Trump said in a statement. He continued, "When I heard this statement, I said, 'Mo, you just blew the Election, and there's nothing you can do about it.’"
It goes without saying that this is also BS: Brooks’ campaign for the Senate has been foundering for months and the bossman doesn't back losers. So he’s now trolling for some other candidate to eventually betray, while Mo is dispatched south, out of Mobile Bay, in the general direction of Suriname.

Coincidentally, the Los Angeles Times ran this analysis which, while admirably summarizing the state of a number of races around the country, somewhat misses the point regarding the former president*’s allegedly waning influence on the GOP.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

On a related note, Clarence Thomas' wife Ginni just had her private texts released and she was urging Mark Meadows to overturn the election.

Ginni Thomas Exchanged Dozens Of Texts Urging Top Trump Aide To Overturn 2020 Election
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 am
On a related note, Clarence Thomas' wife Ginni just had her private texts released and she was urging Mark Meadows to overturn the election.

Ginni Thomas Exchanged Dozens Of Texts Urging Top Trump Aide To Overturn 2020 Election
Note that Clarence Thomas was the sole dissenter in a Supreme Court ruling, Trump v. Thompson, about whether a trove of White House records related to the January 6 attack could be released to the January 6 committee (source).

The text messages that are being reported on right now probably weren't directly subject to that ruling, as Meadows voluntarily turned over a lot of his text records to the committee before he stopped cooperating (source). But Ginni Thomas's involvement in the events leading up to January 6 may well have been greater than what's been reported so far, so it's a massive conflict of interest for her husband to make any kind of ruling on cases related to those events.

Unfortunately, there is no mechanism for forcing justices to recuse themselves from cases, no matter how big their conflict of interest may be. In fact, there's no mechanism for controlling justices' behavior at all except for impeachment, and impeaching a Supreme Court justice would be impossible in this political environment.

One of the biggest problems in this country is the lack of accountability for its most powerful figures.